[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Drugs and alcohol addiction redpills

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 187
Thread images: 14

You ever been addicted to alcohol and/or drugs, /pol/? Got any messages, stories or redpills to share about them? I guess the obvious redpill is "don't get addicted" but it's interesting to hear how people came about that conclusion.
>>
Frankly I wouldn't take back the 4-6 blurry years of my youth I spent tripping my balls off...assuming you have the ability to do it without perma fucking yourself and the folks around you of course. Play with your brain, it's fun.
>>
Alcohol damn near ruined me. I thank God every day that I'm no longer enslaved to it
>>
Use to drink 8 to 12 beers a night back when I was married. Now I'm happily divorces and soberish
>>
>>127938796
Tried and failed at AA, then looked into Bill W's views on LSD. Still smoke pot, but at least now I'm not going to drink myself to death.
>>
>>127940189
Good for you leafbro
>>
>>127938796
I can only sleep if I drink myself unconscious.
>>
I've had 5 beers already tonight; going for a full 12 pack before I hit the hay.
>>
>>127938796

I used to drink 12-18 beers on a nightly basis. This is moderate compared to some alcoholics - some drink a liter or more of liquor per night. I kicked the habit by tapering without medical supervision... if you go cold turkey, please tell your doctor what you're doing. People die from alcohol withdrawal all the time. Even at the amount I was drinking, if I abruptly stopped without tapering I could've easily had a seizure or worse. Even with tapering, the withdrawal was very unpleasant.

Anyway, lifting weights and working out helped me quit. Eventually I realized all the drinking meant I wouldn't make any progress in the gym, so I chose to give up the drinking.

One more thing - don't mess around with alcohol addiction. It can creep up on you very quickly. Delirium tremens is the absolute worst
>>
>>127938796
10 years cooking meth.
>moment of absolute clarity.
2 years clean.
>>
>>127943772
Was the money good? How much meth were you blasting every day?
>>
Ritalin then adderall then Cocaine then Crystal. Only snorted. Never lost my job never arrested. Got to the point I couldn't do it anymore when I could tell appearance was finally being degraded. Stopped by getting in the gym and doing steroids. Way healthier.
>>
>>127938796
Never done drugs. Only rarely do I drink alcohol. But I know I'm an addict, and I start far away from all of it. Addiction on both sides of my family, and it's almost universally present two-three generations back.
The struggle of addiction is something I understand in my bones despite never having a drug addiction myself. I'm a carb fiend, can eat without enjoyment or realizing that I'm eating or WHY I'm still eating. I'm OCD and can get sucked into any activity, constructive or not, easily. So I get it. I respect nobody more than I respect a recovering addict.
Alcohol and other party favors are killing my father slowly. But there's no hope for him. He's an aging narcissist.
>>
>>127944006
The money will never be worth all I had to do to get it and left me with nothing.
Not a everyday racket.
>>
>>127938796
It's Escapism. People have a difficult time overcoming their mental addiction to some activity which takes them out of reality, be it pot, alcohol or viddya. The addiction seems stronger than it is, and many people fail in defeating their own thoughts. The key is to realize what you're doing is escaping a reality you loathe but aren't sure how to fix. Start thinking of ways you can fix your life and the lives of others. Write down your ideas, and then choose one to follow through with. Start living a life that reflects your goal, rather than making your goal to simply live life.
>>
>>127944086
> Stopped by getting in the gym and doing steroids. Way healthier.
If this isn't a joke, you're fucked long term. The steroids will ruin your body, and if you're an actual addict you'll slip back into even more dangerous addictions eventually. You're fooling yourself that you're out of the woods.
>>
>>127944612
Nah I'm done with speed and alcohol. Done with getting fucked up
>>
You get old enough and you realize drugs and excessive drinking make you degenerate nigger shit. If you have any self respect and pride you get over it and begin condemning those still in the lifestyle

>33
>White
>Male
>Used drugs during ages 13-27
>>
>>127944086
Exercise is actually really relevant for anyone who's been hooked on stims, whether it be caffeine or crystal.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neurobiological_effects_of_physical_exercise#Addiction

Aerobic exercise greatly upregulates the D2 receptor, which is essentially responsibility for every positive and addictive effect of a psychostimulant.

If you're really badly addicted to a psychostimulant and are plausibly treating an actual mental problem with it(say ADHD), then modafinil is a wonderful replacement. It's not very addictive, and it's effects on work output and general feelings for life are pretty amazing.
>>
>>127942117

Me too but it's only been this way for like 3 months so far. I can still sleep if I get really baked though so whatever. I know I have to stop.
>>
>>127944396

This is good advice.
>>
I'm an alcoholic and drug addict, now I go to NA and AA because I was powerless and couldn't quit on my own.

If you have an inability to moderate your use, get help before it's too late.
>>
I'm a faggot please rape my face
>>
>>127938796
I took xanax daily for 8 years, and opiates for 5. I suffer from insurmountable social anxiety and depression, and they only thing that stops it is being high.

I am 2.5 years clean as of now, and let me tell you it is a massive bitch to stop. It isn't just the being sick for a week when you cant get your dope, its that plus the mental stuff which can last for 6 months+.

Nothing is enjoyable, you will never be comfortable again, and nothing matters. Do not takes opiates unless you've just had surgery or something
>>
>>127946519
Opiates are nothing compared to benzos/alcohol.

The PAWS from opiates might make you a whiny cunt, but the PAWS from benzos and alcohol literally turns you into a shaky Parkisonian fuck with a hell of a lot more brain damage than you started out with.
>>
>>127946796
I had zero issues with the xanax when I stopped cold turkey and my ex wife an I took handfuls of it for years
>>
>>127947067
Consider yourself and your ex wife exceptionally lucky.

Daily use of benzos doesn't usually end well.
>>
>>127947236
>>122222222

:)
>>
File: 1467171040554.jpg (12KB, 165x204px) Image search: [Google]
1467171040554.jpg
12KB, 165x204px
I drank 6-9 pints a day for a few years now, was drinking a lot before that, but less consistently I suppose

>drink 9 pints one night
>wake up with a light pain on my upper right abdominal region
>google
>its either muscle strain, fatty liver or cirrosis
>quit drinking for a week
>decide it was just a strain and start drinking again, but only a pint or two a night
>week passes again, and I drank six pints one night
>wake up with pain in side but 10x worse
>couldn't bend over without feeling like my insides were being pressed on and twisted
>quit alcohol for good
>pain stopped after a week
>no pain since
>43 days alcohol free
>too scared and ashamed to go to doctor to get checked out

At least I feel better, now all I need to do is get the soda jew off my back and lose weight
>>
>>127947236
I have had just about every person involved in my treatment tell me that. Dr's said it was something about us metabolizing it differently then most people. Turned into a perfect storm of having a limitless supply for stupid cheap and both of us being able to take enough to knock out an elephant and still stay standing.

I want to say those were the worst years of my life and were wasted, but its also the only time I could interact with people without freaking out or being super depressed
>>
>>127947590
The liver shit goes away pretty fast. It's a self repairing organ.

What's more likely is some gallbladder problem like stones. They're going to want to chop it out of you for the sole purpose of making money, and I would highly advise against it. Just let them pass, the ones caused by alcohol(and some fats, which alcohol is basically the cause of), break up pretty easy.
>>
>>127944964
My guess is you exercise unusually hard and/or for remarkably long periods of time. You've replaced your other highs with steroids and the endorphin rush after exercise.
Good for you dropping alcohol and speed, but your addiction is not done with you. You'll see, unfortunately.
>>
>>127946796
While benzo and alcohol wd's are certainly more dangerous, opiate abuse causes permanent physical damage to your body and permanently damages the opiate receptors in your body, leaving you unable to properly cope with pain. You will always crave.
>>
>>127948652
You're right sadly. I was in the same boat.
Don't fall for it.

Stick to juice.
>>
took a dishonorable discharge, a couple jail trips, rehab and a prison trip to stop doing drugs. now the thought of such degeneracy makes me absolutely sick.
don't do heroin boys.
>>
>>127938796
I cycle between booze and weed
>>
The best way to get over addiction is COMPLETE LIFE STYLE CHANGE. You became addicted because you had a shit life. Happy mice don't get addicted to cocaine.

That is why the only people who don't relapse are the ones who find a religion. The religion means, new friends, new activities, community love, all sorts of stuff and actually works.

Find something like that. Preferably not a community that is manipulative but an actual positive religious community.
>>
>>127949162
DD'd for drugs? Explain anon
>>
>>127938796
Yes.

Started weed and drinking at 13. Stopped at 20.
Relapsed at 28 on Adderall and moved to meth. Rehab at 31. Now 34.
I have depression and some manic attributes, and I found meds which help.
To stop your have to hit rock bottom and want to live after. I did meetings at first were very helpful but now they are so so. Exercise is key.
I am highly educated and intelligent but it doesn't mean shit if you are just another tweaker.
AMA
>>
>>127948070
Oh yeah that came up too when I googled about the pain
Still, don't want to touch alcohol again. I was really spooked the second time the pain came about, idk why I let it get so bad even though I've seen what drinking will do to people
>>
>>127938796
I smoke cigs to help deal with childhood trauma. I was raped. I don't think I will ever become an alcoholic or a serious drug addict because of my pride.
>>
>>127947067
You are lucky.

Meth has left me with shitty energy levels and in have probably lost 5 to 10 IQ points... 3 years later.
>>
i don't drink as much as i used to or nearly as much as a lot of other people but i have a pretty unhealthy relationship with alcohol. i don't get drunk and break shit or ruin relationships or get in trouble anymore but my entire weekends are basically spent drinking or hungover and i never catch a minute of sleep on sunday night due to blacking out both weekend nights which aggravates my already significant sleep deficit. feel dumb as shit too, my memory is garbage now. want to go back to community college and try to learn something computer related but i don't know if i'm smart enough anymore, it's pointless to even bother unless i can easily get a 4.0 for 2 years to make up for my lack of social skills or meaningful work experience.
>>
>>127938796
At one point or another I have been addicted to benzodiazepines, synthetic weed and Heroin
The synthetic weed was actually as bad to come off of as H and on H I watched my friend overdose and she would have died if I didn't drive her unconscious body to the hospital well I was doped up
The benzos are a blur but that's par for the course with them
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Occasionally smoked with my friend who sold pot back in highschool. Was a functional alcoholic at the time, then ditched it for pot (5 years alcohol free by the way) afterwards I quit pot almost right after because it got boring
>>
drunk as a motherfucker and took 3 10mg of hydrocodone just tonight. opiates are a bitch dont ever do them /pol/
>>
>>127944396
Your last line was incredibly poignant anon, thank you
>>
I am currently 6 days sober after drinking for 11 years everyday. It sucks.
>>
>>127952557
This is the worst you will feel physically. It is worth it.
>>
File: 7646356432637.png (19KB, 1259x279px) Image search: [Google]
7646356432637.png
19KB, 1259x279px
>>127938796
>Got any messages, stories or redpills to share about them?
This isn't specifically about drugs and alcohol, but rather about the so called "degeneracy" that /pol/tards like to rally against.

First let me start off with why degeneracy is bad because a lot of you are going to jump ahead and assume that I'm totally okay with 10 guys fucking me in the ass. Degenerate behavior isn't wrong because God says so. It's not wrong because the government says so. It's wrong because nature is biased against it. Wanton sex gets you STDs. Constant drug use fucks up your body. It's not wrong "because god says", it's wrong because it makes you weak, and many weak people make up a weak society.

Now what exactly is degeneracy? No behavior is inherently degenerate. I don't care what Nietzsche says; there's nothing wrong with having a drink, and there's nothing even wrong with becoming drunk. An act only becomes degeneracy when you become a slave to it. Don't think that 12 hours of videogames is any better than the Chads and Stacys you hate for getting all the drugs and sex they want. They're equivalent. Both of you are slaves who can't act according to their own free will. Both are trapped by certain indulgences that they can't break away from. Be it food, 4chan, games, or cigarettes, certain activities will make one into a slave when done to excess. If you indenture yourself, you probably deserve whatever shitty hand life deals you, and you won't have the willpower to make it out.

Basically: Anything is degeneracy. Don't be a faggot and exercise moderation or you'll be no better than everything you hate.
>>
>>127938796
Shot up speed for three months til I scrambled my brain and heart one time on a bad one. Obvious choice was to stop.
>>
>>127952557
2 days here anon glad I found this thread, not drinking is why I'm awake right now would've passed out a long time ago. We'll make it bro.
>>
>>127951959
>3 10mg hydrocodone
>feeling ANYTHING from that
you haven't even crossed the threshold of the rabbit hole, anon.
quit while the darkness hasn't engulfed you.
>>
>>127938796
i used to drink like a fish and smoke like a chimney. Quit when I was 29.

Now i'm 30 years old and have liver problems, kidney problems and hypertension.

I wish I wasn't such a fucking wanker.
>>
i've been clean from heroin since my prison time, but i smoke a pack a day and a shit ton of weed. like a shit ton.
working on cutting out both but man i have a lot on my conscious, that combined with the red pill is hard to bear. the weed and cigs alone isn't even satisfying honestly, it's just the act of doing it consuming my time that keeps me from true relief.
>>
>>127953411
im trying mate. i just started taking them 2 months ago. Hopefully this is my last time. I dont want to be a low life junkie pos my whole life.
>>
>>127938796
been hooked klonopin for years

pretty sure I have brain damage at this point and I want to die
>>
>>127949467
very late reply, sorry. but it was actually a bad conduct, and for "disobeying a lawful order", order being "do not consume or possess mood altering substances", since the drugs i had were unscheduled research chemicals (mxe to be specific)
>>
>>127953657
at what dosage? your brain should be good man but getting off is a long hard bitch and you have to have a smooth taper.
>>
I've overdosed on fentanyl three times in the past month. 2 weeks sober.
>>
>>127953646
when i was doing heroin, 30mg of hydrocodone wouldn't even stop my restless legs from withdrawal.
the shit will ruin you, man. the thing about opiates is, they make your life REALLY awesome. until one day all too soon it suddenly isn't.
>>
File: 1486623441309.jpg (208KB, 704x800px) Image search: [Google]
1486623441309.jpg
208KB, 704x800px
Physical addiction is a myth. Don't be weak.
>>
>>127953908
This tbqh. It's a long road before you hit rock bottom and only when you've got nobody but yourself to count on you'll realize something has to change. Don't fool yourself into think it can get anything but worse, every time you dose is doing nothing but putting off ripping the band-aid and being done with it.
>>
Whenever I drink, and I mean every single time, I piss my pants in my sleep. It's causing me to lose friends, because I'm being an asshole and pissing on their couch that they offered for me to crash on. I don't know how to moderate my fluid intake and I don't know if I even enjoy getting drunk anymore. I just don't want to give up my social life.
>>
>>127953885
Dude...
>>
>>127938796
don't use opiates

i used them for serious life threatening injuries, was put on pain management.

the more you take, the more you need, and eventually the pain comes back no matter how much you take. so you use a little more than you should, to get relief because the doctors are scared to script the appropriate amount for a huge tolerance because the are scared of the government.

then you run out early and withdraw, literally making you wish you were dead for about a week, or until you refill.

all because these drugs have been demonized for use by anyone, even those who are terminally ill and need them.
>>
>>127938796
Do not do even a little bit of meth. The habit forms very quickly and insidiously. Almost cost me everything.
>>
>>127954219
more like every time you do a dose the adhesive on that bandaid you have to rip off gets stronger.
>>
>>127938796
I was an opiate junky for 2 years.

Don't fucking do pills. Don't do cocaine. It isn't cool, it isn't worth the money, and it is playing with fire.

When I consider the fact that I have a clean criminal record it is a miracle, and I don't mean that metaphorically, I mean that there is no explanation for my lack of prison time short of divine intervention.
>>
>>127954316
Couldn't have put it better myself anon
>>
>>127954289
I know anon, I know. I'm lucky to be alive, obviously I'm here for something.
>>
>>127938796
The ultimate red pill is suboxone. Get on it, fag
>>
>>127955649
lol. you're still a drug addict on suboxone.
>>
>>127953657
Doc prescribed me klonopin, I tried it two times, it made me feel incredibly content and apathetic.It was actually scary how well it worked for my anxiety. Probably never touching benzos again though...
>>
>>127938796
The worst thing that can possibly happen when you try a new drug is that you'll enjoy it... a lot. The more you enjoy it, the worse it is because you'll want it that much more. If you don't have really good self control about those kind of things you'll see your life gradually go down the shitter.
>>
>>127938796
i drink every day
i nfacjt i am very drunk righ now, m y advice to you, drink in moderation, do not g4go overboard so yo uhave to drink so you wouldnt get withcdrawal every single day
>>
Message to past self:

>The drugs are worth it. Just find a way to do them without jeopardizing your health or sanity.
>>
>>127955801
Well at least it's safe and legal.
>>
>>127938796
Last year I smoked weed heavily every day and took psychedelics occasionally.
I have a feeling the pot made me more stupid but I was pretty retarded to begin with.
LSD is wonderful and never caused me any problems but I was always careful with it.
>>
Abused marijuana and psychedelics first, moved up to oxy and heroin or a half decade with stints sober. Never been caught but have thousands in debt and really screwed myself up because of those years. On mood stabilizers due to drug induced psychosis. I really screwed myself up and you don't realize it till you are sober for sometime, life would be totally different had I never been addicted to drugs. I started using again about 6 months ago, oc because I was depressed in what my life has become, I use once a week as I am much smarter about my use and no needles either, but drugs will mess you up over time.
>>
>>127938796
Altered mental states are a waste of money and time. Read a book or do push ups instead.
>>
>>127955869
Dont, I was on xanax for 11 years for anxiety. My body became dependent on it and it basically stopped working making my anxiety MUCH worse. It was hell to come off of, but I had a family doctor do it and ive basically been anxiety free since. Also had a really good doc tell me that xanax and Klonopin are "dirty benzos" having the shortest half life of all of them making them extremely addictive even while taking them as prescribed.
>>
Trying to quit weed. Already quit booze . I made it 4 months off booze but only 2 months off weed and not having weed makes me feel seriously depressed and have zero motivation to care about anything or stay interested in anything or find anything funny. I smoked again after 2 months of hell and immediately everything seems such cases much more easy going , light hearted and enjoyable, but I really want to enjoy life like this without drugs.
>>
>>127956878
Are you retarded? Smoke crack once, you won't worry about the weed anymore.
>>
>>127957269

Great advice senpai.
>>
>>127956878
Did you care about things before smoking? Why did you start in the first place?
>>
18y of age, for the past year abused nearly every party drug. Been clean for a month and I feel like a shadow to my former self, have this brain fog that's always their that's stopping me thinking. Can't even go out and drink because the feeling won't ever be as good as being high.

Don't ever touch drugs
>>
>>127938796
Plenty of drugs are good for you: moderation is key.

Avoid opioids and alcohol.
>>
>>127938796
Buy some salvia online. Smoke it in the bathroom at the mall. Profit.
>>
>>127958082

Yea I did. Weed basically now puts me in the mind state I had before using pot and alcohol heavily . Which is good spirited and a generally positive outlook. When i'm completely sober now I'm very cynical and negative. I also sleep like shit and am generally uncomfortable. It's like I can feel like lack of serotonin and
dopamine. I have ready 6 months completely sober with regular excersize and proper diet is what it takes
For a lot of life long addicts so I'm
probly gonna try that and if it doesn't work then just settle with the fact I will need drugs to be happy for the rest of my life. I started because it made music movies games sex and food 10x more awesome , all of which I already really enjoyed without weed
>>
>>127959726
Maybe I can't relate because I started at point A, quit, and then ended up at point A again. I'm not saying it was a good use of time and resources, but I don't feel addicted or more depressed afterword. Things seem just as shitty as before.
>>
Used to be a daily weed smoker.

This shit is worse than heroine. At least heroine addicts eventually die or hit rock bottom. Weed smokers spend their entire lives in a haze.
>>
>>127938796
I still enjoy the occasional psychedelic, namely shrooms. I used to do coke on the weekends, it was hard not to when 95% of the people around you, and all your buddies, were doing it. However, I quit that shit once I felt like I was having a heart-attack. Scared me half to death.

Oddly enough, I didn't feel addicted a few days after using. Then my buddy would call me up on the weekend and we would start all over again.
>>
>>127956878

2 months of not smoking and you still feel like that?

You might have a deeper problem, man.
>>
>>127938796
I've tried really hard to get addicted to oxycotins and alcohol. I just can't do it. I find something romantic about the idea of just sitting around naked an intoxicated loser all day. I just don't have the stomach for it and the hangovers are too strong.
>>
>>127961853

Maybe. I smoked pretty much daily for 15 years though (13-27) only started getting panic attacks when I started drinking every day for a few years , which was after doing oxy for a year
>>
>>127943019
same here, I picked up lifting afterward. I had to detox with medical attention. I wasn't able to taper myself off. I was drinking a little bit more though.
>>
A clear warning signal to me is if you really really enjoy the buzz it gives you the first times you try. I found peace of mind first time I drank alcohol at around age 12. I was acting out alot as a kid, and in my teens, but I didn't understand why really.
Experienced some sexual abuse as a little kid, for a year or so when I was 5-6 yrs old. Never dealt with those experiences, which I connect to my difficulties in my teens, which mostly revolved around sexual identity and such. Those childhood experiences was always right beneath the surface and whenever sexuality or my childhood came to mind it was followed by terrible angst that I never coped with.
Drugs helped alot with that, be it alcohol or narcotics.
I knew I was an addict when I was 16-17 yrs old, told the people around me, but I was happy with it that way, because it helped me deal with my emotions.
But it didn't work in the long run (of course).
Got clean for the first time in my early twenties with the help of NA, and in doing the 12 steps I first met my childhood memories as an adult, and really forced myself to look at them, write about them, talk about it.
It really was the turning point.
I'm still an addict at heart, I really like the drugs, and they love me. But I know it will kill me and it's not fun anymore, I know it's just a way of slowly killing myself.
Had a few streches with 2 yrs+ clean, and a few relapses that lasted as long. But I've never been back to the hell I was in in my early twenties.
Now I'm 30+ and finishing my law degree. I have great hopes for my life and I own my past, I can look at what I've been through without anxiety welling up and I can deal with my emotions in a healthy manner (by talking).
The hardest part with becoming clean after such a long period on drugs and alcohol, is the identity-crisis that arises, who am I when I don't do drugs?
It's not easy reinventing oneself in that manner, and the way out of being clean is never more than a heartbeat away.
>>
File: IMG_0029.jpg (50KB, 349x395px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0029.jpg
50KB, 349x395px
My 20's revolved 100% around drugs, mainly painkillers, but I would do nearly anything I could get my hands on. The worst withdrawals were from Methadone and xanax. Seriously the darkest time of my life. 3 years clean from pills, 1.5 years from weed. Feels good man, wish I quit earlier. Like has been stated, the key is a complete lifestyle change...delete every drug related friend from your life or you will most likely end up relapsing.
>>
>>127961853
Severe depression is actually pretty common when heavy marijuana smokers stop.
>>
I like to smoke weed and drink.
Both in moderation.
The key is for me only to smoke after 6pm once I have done all I needed to do that day.
Getting up and lighting a joint never has appealed
>>
>>127948855
>permanently damages the opiate receptors in your body
now when i take opiates it actually feels like speed and i couldn't get any real relief when i had a collapsed lung and had a drain put in.
only local anaesthetic actually helps with pain.
>>
>>127938796
yes.
>>
>>127958847
Shut up faggot stop being so melodramatic.
You are only 18, you will get over it.

Drugs weed out the weak from society. Prove you aren't.
If you can take drugs occasionally and not let them rule over your life then you are the master.
>>
LISTEN THE FUCK UP
>LISTEN THE FUCK UP

Baclofen and Clonidine are the BEST two drugs to ease you off AMPHETAMINES, BENZOS and OPIATES.
Baclofen is a muscle relaxant that is basically GHB in a pill. This shit is a miracle drug that not only helps with withdrawals but also elevates your mood and it also POTENTIATES THC.
Clonidine is a medication used to treat high blood pressure, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, anxiety disorders, tic disorders, withdrawal (from either alcohol, opioids, or smoking), migraine, menopausal flushing, diarrhea, and certain pain conditions.
It also works to stop the cravings for amphetamines.
This is the best advice i can offer from someone who was a daily IV user for 5 years, became rich and no longer abuses drugs.
You can do it.
>>
>>127967075
Stay away from the handcuffs known as methadone and subutex. They are totally unnecessary.
>>
File: this.gif (494KB, 245x136px) Image search: [Google]
this.gif
494KB, 245x136px
>>127966564
>If you can take drugs occasionally and not let them rule over your life then you are the master.
>>
File: IMG_0887.jpg (98KB, 646x563px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0887.jpg
98KB, 646x563px
Been hooked on meth for 1.5 years, stopped using when I ran short on money
Never smoked or injected it though, mostly snorted
Stimulants are fucking great at the beginning, and can be used to solve some shit in short-term, but if you don't have good willpower they'll fuck you up big time
>>
>>127967075
Phenibut is better than baclofen and is sold otc
>>
>>127967467
No it isn't.
You need to take a much higher dose and it tastes terrible.
Baclofen pills are 25mg and the size of dexies.
>>
>>127938796
Former alcoholic here, I only cut back because I felt myself becoming stupid. It also fucked with my sleep requirements too much, and generally lowered my productivity to an unreasonable degree.
>>
>>127967467
Why do you say it's better?
>>
>>127967744
I used to take it as pills, and the larger didn't matter at all for me. The effect from phenibut was so fucking good for me, while baclofen... well, it could make sleep better.
>>
>>127967986
Larger dose**
>>
>>127967986
Maybe i'll give it another go in caps or something but i was taking a gram of phenibut at a time but was able to get the same effect from 175mg of baclofen.
>>
I used to drink *heavily* in my 20's-30's with a 1/5th six days a week. I don't know how I lived through that.
>>
>>127968303
175mg of baclofen is a fucking lot, though.
>>
>>127938796

I'll just post this because I suspect some of you can relate:

I smoke weed to help me sleep and in all honesty it helps me use my *free* time more productively. Right now I drink fairly regularly too because my income doesn't cover as much weed as id like to smoke. (There's a happy medium of cost:effect) But, even though I smoke and drink fairly regularly, I think the main culprit is boredom, moreso than addiction. I've noticed I only really care about being able to do drugs when they're *unavailable*. When I have weed I don't feel strong urges to smoke, even to fill time, in fact I get sidetracked fairly easy and will remember "oh yeah I packed a bowl" after hours have gone by. However when I'm actually out for the month, I find myself struggling to enjoy the boring downtime that I'd normally fill with the "ritual" of smoking/drinking. I don't want to get high so much as I want something to do with my hands more. This goes away after 2-3 days and my sleep will even out after that long too, but I question the addiction component, and specifically where it stops and my attitude/disposition starts. I've had far more addiction-related urges with nitrous and speed than weed/alcohol, but I manage to stymie those urges well enough, while I don't think I'd stick to abstaining from weed for a significant period of time without something keeping me incredibly busy. Bottom line is, what the hell do I do with my down time once I've exhausted myself being productive? Weed seems to fit in with everything else I'd do to whittle the hours away.
>>
>>127938796
boi when I turned 21 I started drinking after spending my entire teenage years getting high, I am since an alcoholic and do not smoke weed. Life sucks please do not do this.
>>
>>127938796
Currently addicted to kratom, beer and e-cigs. Not any one individually, but the combination of the 3. Well maybe kratom alone is an addiction, but by itself kratom is fine, almost beneficial in many ways. . I'm 37 and stopped caring. I shunned all responsibilities and went full neet about 9 months ago when i got laid off of a great job, have to admit it's been a fun ride thus far, but also realize it can't last and the ride is coming to a halt. I dedicated my life to memeing trump into office when all that was going on, and now that that's over and the glow of victory has long since worn off, life seems kind of meaningless. Starting to look forward to getting back to work and being a productive member of society. Just a couple more games in the steam library to complete and maybe another tinder or pof score or two, and it will be time to clean up yet again and start the cycle anew.
>>
>>127938796
I'm addicted to pills. Red ones especially.
>>
>>127969729

Kratom isn't even that great desu. I understand using it with other drugs but I could never see myself taking kratom remotely often.
>>
>>127950468
>it's pointless
It's not, at the very least you'll have the education to learn some useful skill, and maybe you'll do something other than killing yourself with your time
>>
I've been taking LSD constantly for the past few months or so. Decided to stop because of effects on mental health and memory. Brain is fried
>>
>>127970923

You know?
I can see two tiny pictures
And there's one in each of your eyes
And they're doing everything I do
Every time I light a cigarette they light up theirs
I take a drink, and I look in, and they're drinking too
It's driving me crazy
It's driving my nuts

And hearing your name
Is much better
Than seeing your face
>>
>>127971040
What is this from? Makes me uneasy
>>
>>127971375

https://youtu.be/6YKcVWVuq4Q

The poem leads into that
>>
>>127938796
The human body has any number of uncomfortable natural processes, which is the REAL reason so many people use alcohol, at least initially. It's a simple and apparent truth to anyone who honestly looks at life. Somehow virtually no one is honest enough or attentive enough to state this common procedure.
>>
File: CD49BuYVIAAS9Zx.jpg (26KB, 472x461px) Image search: [Google]
CD49BuYVIAAS9Zx.jpg
26KB, 472x461px
I drink a ridiculous amount and use cocaine regularly. My coworkers have begun to notice me shaking and sweating when I come into work so I am trying to stop covertly. My family is apparently unaware and it would be devastating to them if they found out, given I am the only one of all my generation to have turned out a decent person.

Inb4

>kys

I might, thanks. Trying not to. Appreciate the support, though.

Good luck everybody else.
>>
>>127971706

You gotta quit the lifestyle you do the stims with too.
>>
>>127971577
Oh man i really do not like that. Fuck i hope i'm not schizo
>>
>>127971875

the whole show is pretty interesting from that sort of empathetic standpoint, you know, where you can pick up on the subtle cues and feelings being broadcast. Truly an emotional ride. Kind of tosses you around on psychedelics.

Anyways, I wouldn't worry about going schizo, but I'd lay off the psychedelics until you're less worried about it. Bottom line is the psychs would only serve to make it come out a little earlier, by virtue of that I wouldn't agonize over the feeling that you hurt your brain with the psych use. Sleep/hydration/doing things you're good at will help. Trust.
>>
>>127965670
>i had a collapsed lung
Wtf? Car accident?
>>
File: 1462867262700.png (660KB, 1106x1012px) Image search: [Google]
1462867262700.png
660KB, 1106x1012px
>>127971793

I work at a bar and my only friends became drug dealers.

I live in Nowhere, USA so I journey to a new city every few months to have some fun, which usually results in a relapse. Or worse, an exacerbation of the problem.

I tried to move away once but I chose Las Vegas and you can guess the rest.

I think I will try to convert and become Amish at this point.

I'll sell quilts at discount price.
>>
>>127938796
I have seen good descent people get absolutely ruined by drugs. I refuse to take any of them. Also requiem for a dream will redpill you on drugs. Great film. Alchohol wise I have a shit tolerance so 4 beers gets my drunk. I drunk rarely as I'm working out at the gym and studying.
>>
addicted to stimulants

mainly adderall
>>
>>127971617
Could you ellaborate on that please?
>>
>>127944396
Not for me. I tried pot because I was interested in the psychological effects. Not to escape reality (because it absolutely does not do that for me)
I was depressed and pot helped me analyse myself and my life, which in turn helped me gain insights I use to improve my daily life. It was kind of a red pill for me. I feel like I have a somewhat higher state of consciousness since I started smoking pot.
>>
>>127972334

It isn't easy friend I'm just saying that you need to dump out the package experience of doing cocaine/stimulants to get rid of the habit altogether. If you're in a shit area it might ultimately be up to you to figure out what the fuck anon likes to do in his spare time. I keep myself occupied with hobbies and home life, and for the most part I stay out of trouble. This is a good opportunity to try and figure out what you wanna do with your working life, too. The restaurant game sucks and it's such a toilet getting out that you might want to fit that in with this much larger idea of self improvement you want to undertake.
>>
>>127972140
i hear voices when i smoke weed sometimes. like bad voices
>>
>>127972665

Yeah but I bet you're also worried about what that means/am I going crazy/agonizing on the whole thing. If you don't like the aural hallucinations, stop smoking, but that doesn't mean you're schizophrenic. I take a muscle relaxant that gives me waking hallucinations as I'm falling asleep. They get pretty spooky but it's still state dependent. Get out of your head for a little while and just do things. Work out, read something you wanted to read, pickup a new hobby... It sounds to me like you have a lot of time to spend sitting on your ass, no offense intended, and being sedentary/cerebral will keep you from moving on and ignoring/coping with them.
>>
>>127972197
Spontaneous pneumothorax.
Lung literally collapses spontaneously.
The doctor said it is most likely due to my build- tall with long limbs/lanky or could possibly be marfan syndrome.
I had a second one about 4 months ago.
>>
>>127972928
Yeah I dont really believe im going crazy, it's just a worst case scenario fear. i'm making an effort to cut most drug use out of my life anyways and be more healthy and active
>>
>>127938796
>have had maybe 5 beers worth of alcohol and zero recreational drugs in my whole life
>not for any faggy straight arrow reason, just never saw it as my thing
>depressed
>anxious
>no confidence
>other issues
>tfw every night the escape of alcohol and drugs sounds a little better
I don't like the idea of things that fuck with my ability to think clearly. I feel like I'm barely holding myself together as it is mentally and emotionally, but I can't help but have the urge to just get trashed and forget about everything for a while, consequences be damned. I'm sure I have a somewhat addictive personality, and I know I don't want to become an alcoholic or drug addict.

It's 3AM after a long and mostly unproductive day, and I don't even know what I'm doing here right now other than typing out a ramble of my shit before the next day starts. I guess I'm just wondering how to fix myself without fucking everything else up?
>>
>>127973570

Srs, try and spend more time doing things you're good at. You'll probably be surprised how much of a positive effect that has on your day to day.
>>
>>127973662

Drugs don't really let you escape, it's more like putting some really nice sunglasses on for awhile. Wear em too long and you'll run into a wall in a well lit room.
>>
Currently going through withdrawal from fentanyl, its hard living in canada
>>
>>127938796

weed is less of a gateway drug (other than for some people introducing them to a dealer that then offers them other drugs, that's a result of it's illegal status, not the drug itself), and more of an exit ramp. I find that people who quit more addictive drugs end up having more success quitting if they're using weed to deal with it.
>>
>>127938796
Used opiates every day for 10 years, start with oxy end with shooting fent and dope. Get very fucking sick from eating bad clams become afraid of doing any more dope afraid to smoke a cigarette. Was already on methadone just not going consistently, also become afraid of methadone, start loweing my dose currently at 16 mg. Havent done dope in a year, havent had a cigarette in a year. The only thing that makes sense to me is comparing it to drinking a certain liquor and getting sick from that drink. You never want to taste that drink again. I got sick from the bad seafood and my body developed a strong adversion to dope and cigarettes some how mistaking for the cause of the sickness. Truly a fucking strange experience.
>>
>>127969000
Checked, trips of truth
>>
>>127967075
Just knowing about baclofen shows you know your stuff.

Taking Selegiline when you use amphetamines both helps and improves them. The effects last longer, there's less or no crash due to it slowing dopamine metabolism, it's also neuroprotective and helps prevent amphetamine neurotoxicity. Also very effective for MDMA neurotoxicity
A RIMA like moclobimide with amphetamines adds a slight empathogenic colouration to it.
>>
>>127974230
that is a very big (other than)
>>
Alcohol is for the plebian mob, normalfags and women.
>>
>>127973570
mate, hearing voices on marijuana is a big red flag for someone who is predisposed to actually developing full blown schizophrenia.
If you are hearing nasty voices then i can't imagine it is much fun anymore.
seriously, some people can handle drugs and some people can be totally destroyed by marijuana.
if you're taking it for anxiety then there are much better drugs you could be using.
>>
>>127974706
I've been half assedly trying to stop since break this winter but it is hard to quit in a college in California when it is literally everywhere. Lately i've been doing a good job at avoiding it though. Kind of
>>
>>127974669

biologically it's not a gateway, socially it is a gateway due to the law.

One of the reasons why the law on it doesn't change is because of the claim that it's a gateway drug. But it being illegal is what makes it a gateway drug in the first place.

If it is legal, then it's no longer a gateway.
>>
>>127973985
Maybe I've just seen too many movies or something to give me that impression. Even so, I can't help but think that if I wear these "nice sunglasses" I will lose myself in the shade. I have held back my emotions for a long time (relative to my age anyways), and it's draining to keep them in the back of my mind. I don't want to lose who I am and I just don't know what will be left if the barriers I've erected over the years come down. I realize it's not healthy, but I can't seem to change.
>>
>>127975337
u r a fag
>>
>>127975337
Do drugs if you want to do drugs pussy. Though you seem like the type of guy to bum a cig to look cool and then start hacking after one drag because the smoke is yucky
>>
>>127975053
good luck
>>
>>127973247
How horrifying (That's my body type as well)
>>
>>127938796
Im constantly on thr verge of starting a really bad and most likely fatal oxycodone habit. In many ways a few good months of feeling great seem to make it worth it.

I think what we're trying to say is that once you're down the path, you can't get off it. You dip a single finger into that pond, a monster will pull you under.
>>
>>127976292
Yeah its not fun being in hospital for a week with a drain hanging out of your chest that was put in by a middle eastern eastern doctor who had no idea what he was doing and actually had to take instruction from me while there was 6 other doctors in the room supervising as he was trying to insert the wrong tube in to my chest which also happened to be dirty.
>>
>>127938796
I'm a recovering alcoholic and heroin addict, 13 years as an addict, 4 years clean now. The only redpill you need on this stuff is stay the fuck away, none of it is good. I find alcohol to be the worst drug to abuse and is of the devil.
>>
Ive done the following drugs
1. Heroin
2. Oxy (and Opana)
3. Crack motherfucker
4. Normal coke
5. Xanex
6. DMT
7. X
8. Meth
9. Acid
10. Boomers

and I've never had an addiction issue. Today I am a Divorce Attorney in Colorado. Just moderate man. Be smart enough to say "hey 2 days in a row is too much, i'm gonna take a week off"
>>
>>127951959
>>127953411
I still feel fantastic from 10mg of oxy or hydrocodone. But i think about it all the time.
>>
>>127968585
That was only during the period immediately after discontinuing benzos, after that I tapered down to a usual dose of about 50-75mg a day.
Tapering off it was easy.
I still keep a valid script, it comes in handy. I love how it potentiates THC and the feeling you get when you take it after a long weekend is bliss.
>>
Benzos, opiates, alcohol, etc. are all degenerate

LSD, shrooms,and weed is okay on a rare occasion but if you're smoking weed everyday you're a nigger.
>>
>>127966564
18yo and currently at adfa training to be an officer in the Australian army while you sit at home and shit post on 4chan

You're the weak one you shit cunt
>>
>>127977296
I've already made it, faggot.
I hope you grow a pair in the army.
>>
>>127977296
>You're the weak one you shit cunt
Not once did I call you weak.
You won't last long with that hot head of yours.
>>
>>127977296
ignore him, what you're experiencing is totally normal.

Well it's not normal, it's just it happens all the time. You'll slowly come back, just give it time.
>>
File: emu_war_0.jpg (285KB, 712x856px) Image search: [Google]
emu_war_0.jpg
285KB, 712x856px
>>127977473
Only place you've made it was on the end of the priests dick when he touched you as a child
>>
>>127977751
>training to be an officer
lol every post from you makes me doubt that claim even more
>>
>>127977665
Thanks Anglo-bro, makes me feel a bit more confident
>>
>>127977296
fag

should have chosen the navy
>>
>>127977293
This
>>
File: devilpepe.jpg (59KB, 600x760px) Image search: [Google]
devilpepe.jpg
59KB, 600x760px
>>127938796
I was a heroin addict for 5 years. Started on Oxys when I was 15 after my grandfather passed away and progressed to heroin 2 years later after the prices of Oxys was just to much to handle for the small high I would get. I swore to myself that I would never use needles but a year later I was shooting up.
The main thing I learned about addiction is that you can never trust promises to yourself. You will always break them. No matter hwat they would be for. You might think that promise is to messed up to break but you will.
I definitely wouldn't take any of it back though. It made me into the person I am today. I know that since I have gotten through it that it made me a much stronger individual.
>>
>>127977665
you don't think
>Don't ever touch drugs
is melodramatic?
> You'll slowly come back, just give it time.
Thats pretty much exactly what I said.
Faggot.
>>
>>127938796
life is painful sometimes
>>
I'm not addicted to substances although I do enjoy them a lot and would do more of them if I had more money. I am addicted to self harm however. Going on 10 years now.
>>
>>127977830
You'll see me on the news in a couple years for being the saviour of keeping Australia a homogeneous society
>>
File: images.jpg (5KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5KB, 225x225px
>>127977751
Pro emu shills try to hide this pic
>>
I'm convinced drugs are the only thing that make this shit life worthwhile.
Everyone is such a selfish, hateful subhuman who will do everything in their power including ruining their futures as well as their kids and grandkids future all for some petty, feeble bullshit. Just look at this faggot board. They would vote for Satan himself just as long as their enemies suffered as well.
Light a bowl, do a line, slam that shit, chug a beer who gives a fuck, you're going to die anyway.
Sober people are not only dumb, but evil too.
>>
>>127978356
I fucking hope so
>>
>>127973662
You need to try some drugs brother. Try mushrooms
>>
Don't throw out the baby with the bath water. Psychedelics, if used properly, can be tremendously helpful when dealing with addiction and more so in my case, depression. An ayahuasca ceremony in particular can be life changing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzGNYwHMJ6Y
Thread posts: 187
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.