[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Red pill me on Article V!

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/wisconsin/articles/2017-05-31/republicans-push-constitutional-convention-measures-forward

https://www.conventionofstates.com

Bros we're getting dangerously close to this happening. 30 of 34 needed to trigger convention! But I think we may need more to actually amend shit? How the fuck would this work? These fuckers are trying to abolish the federal income taxation?? LOL Dems would go fucking insane!! This would be must watch TV.
>>
Some one red pill me on the spefics PLZ
>>
Bump for deets from neetz
>>
Ling Anderson bump
>>
File: 1a07f7tozozy.jpg (147KB, 1080x1266px)
1a07f7tozozy.jpg
147KB, 1080x1266px
Bump
>>
No one even cares about a small window we may have to save our future. Sigh.
>>
Basically, the States have the right to call for a convention to amend the Constitution, notwithstanding any objection from the Federal government. Should that convention propose an amendment, or several amendments, and they are ratified by 3/4 of the States, they become part of the Constitution.
>>
File: kub3klec4kxy.png (2MB, 2048x1536px)
kub3klec4kxy.png
2MB, 2048x1536px
Deetz you fucking neetz!
>>
>>127932962
Fuck so the federal government can still object? So if they propose term limits for the Senate the Senate itself can still object?
>>
>>127931721
at this point i would rather not have a convention because i am afraid the republicans and democrats would make corporatism a part of the constitution
>>
>>127931721
I really hope this happens. The kikes & their drones are very close to completely opening the gates to the 3rd world hordes, instituting "hate speech," banning guns...we Amalekites will be expropriated and murdered into extinction if the good red states don't step up STAT and do something big to limit Uncle Sam's power.
>>
>>127933430
We may be able to get 3/4ths the states to agree to congressional term limits though. Would be a win.
>>
>>127933532
Exactly we need to take a stand against these people while we have this small window and tie their hands before they overtake Georgia, North Carolina, Florida, Zona will be happening soon I'm afraid.
>>
A constitutional convention is largely a bad idea. The one where they got rid of the Articles of Confederation and replaced it with the Constitution was kinda bait and switch. IIRC all the legislatures showed up under the premise that they were only tweaking it, but when everyone got there they said, "JK, we're binning this shit." Out of all the states that showed I only think 1 or 2 walked out because of that dishonesty. Remember, nothing is sacred when it comes to constitutional conventions. Be incredibly wary of any calls for a convention.
>>
>>127934489
So you Would be opposed to it even if it's for a sole purpose like placing term limits on congress?
>>
>>127934894
That can be done by Congress without needing a convention of states. And an errata for my first post; I was thinking of continental congresses there not conventions. There has only been one constitutional convention, the one that replaced the articles with the Constitution.
Calling for a convention of states is playing with fire, especially trying to sell it as "just tweaking the Constitution." You're giving the entire framework of our country to fuckhead legislators from the states, we only got lucky the first time because Madison and the Commonwealth of Virginia brought their A game

Nyet, founding document is fine
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.