[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Nassim Taleb /our guy/?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: Taleb_mug.jpg (128KB, 793x776px) Image search: [Google]
Taleb_mug.jpg
128KB, 793x776px
> Since his books are bestsellers, I thought as first that the guy was a scam
> Actually read Fooled By Randomness, Black Swan and parts of Skin in the Game - and some twitter rants
> Turns out the guy is fucking based
> First point is that he is versatile, writes (ancients style) about a series of fields (from philosophy to linguistics to finance to medicine to politics etc.) although always with a statistical background and the topic of uncertainty in mind
> He clearly is extremely clever; actually the contemporary author that has impressed me the most so far
> He absolutely destroys political correctness, (((conventional wisdom))) and (((settled science))) at every fucking time; he even seems to love it and has based his personal marketing on that
> To give you an idea, the madman wrote to the Economic "Nobel" Committee (not actually a Nobel Prize) and asked to strip (among others) Merton, Modigliani, Sharpe and Markowitz of their Nobel prize :D ; now if you know finance these guys are a legend and are taught in all B-Schools as (no less) the basis of modern financial theory; like, it's as taboo breaking as holocaust revisionism or 911 skeptics. And he does have very convincing arguments that no ever finance graduate would ever learn from an MBA programme
> Last twitter rant was about Lebanese genetics (Taleb is from the Christian Greek Orthodox minority) to say that they were closest to French due to the crusades or some protohistoric migration
> He is an overt Trump supporter and defends the freedom of speech of evolutionary psychologists / biologists accused of racism
>He brags about dead lifting and shames skinny fats / weak bodied academics all the fucking time
> I don't even understand how the MSM hasn't shut him down yet
>>
File: IMG_7524.jpg (110KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7524.jpg
110KB, 720x960px
MSM Is Intimidated by him because he can cut them down to size pretty easily.
>>
File: Scandinavian Qt.jpg (102KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Scandinavian Qt.jpg
102KB, 1024x1024px
>>127906607
He did an informal poll at his gym during the election.
>90% of people (men/female equal) in the cardio room voted for Hillary
>80% In Weight Room voted for Trump.
Guy's wisdom is spectacular.

He might be a little esoteric for /pol/.
>>
>>127906607
>:D
You have to go back.
>>
>>127906607
Yeah he's great, been trying to get his books
>>
>>127907329
>toe shoes
>literally anyone can kick his ass
>>
>>127907329
Not /fit/ by any means, but that doesn't look like proper form
>>
File: 358715983_77c23844d7_z[1].jpg (98KB, 437x500px) Image search: [Google]
358715983_77c23844d7_z[1].jpg
98KB, 437x500px
>>127907329

Those legs tho, wew
>>
>>127909789
Yeah, he does have some body fat but you have to look at it in aggregate. He is much stronger than the average academic, firstly. And even, if he wasn't, who gives a fuck if the guy can write stuff like this:

https://medium.com/incerto/the-most-intolerant-wins-the-dictatorship-of-the-small-minority-3f1f83ce4e15

https://medium.com/incerto/only-the-rich-are-poisoned-the-preference-of-others-c35ddf65cf68

https://medium.com/incerto/the-intellectual-yet-idiot-13211e2d0577
>>
>>127906607
smart guy, and no chill too.
>>
>>127910658
If you are interested he has a few articles on Syria and why Jesus wasn't a non-white. Made me kek when I saw it.
>>
>>127906607
Antifragile is probably his best book
>>
>>127907329
Apparently, Nassim Taleb likes vacationing in Snap City, IN

But seriously, yeah, based af
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.