[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Knowledge test to vote?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (127KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
127KB, 2000x1333px
What do you fellas think about the idea of making people take a test in order to be granted the right to vote?

The test would potentially have sections on the country's political system (for example, what is a codified constitution, does the United Kingdom have a codified or uncodified constitution, etc.) as well as questions on topical issues. Obviously it wouldn't be questions like 'What are the benefits of fracking:' but more like 'What is fracking?' so as to ensure that the people who were voting knew at least what the issues were. It would be lenient but with the pass mark being flat and not relative, so people HAD to know a certain amount. People would be able to take it all year and retake it as many times as necessary, until they knew a sufficient amount to vote.

The people who draw up the test would be an independent commission completely free of government influence - perhaps involving the judiciary. I personally don't think it would be able to happen in the US at all because all positions seem to be partisan there, including the Supreme Court (which I find unbelievable). As well, could end up like the literacy tests they had in the south. It could be potentially used in Western European countries though like Belgium, maybe even the UK?

Idk, I think it sounds like a good idea personally, it'd make people actually think about what they're voting over.
>>
yes. And top it off with an iq test just to weed out retards who can memorise shit
>>
>>127847350
See I don't think it matters if people just memorise shit, as long as they know what things are then they can vote imo
>>
>>127846986
Nobody should be allowed to vote, except for heterosexual married couples with at least one child.
>>
>>127847563
We dont want unqualified people making decisions
>>
Probably won't ever happen here. We used to have them, but they were outlawed for being racist.
>>
>>127846986
Knowledge test will just be manipulated by those in charge. Only people who pay taxes (or who are married to a taxpayer) should be allowed to vote.
>>
>>127846986

That would be incredibly racist, are blacks supposed to be able to write all those letters down by themselves?
>>
>>127847998
>>127847991
Yeah, like I said, I really don't think it could happen in the US, because if not even the judges can be apolitical then no "independent commission" could. But I'm talking about in places which do actually have an independent judiciary and can actually have independent commissions, like the UK and western Europe (I don't really know about other democracies like Australia and Japan, etc.)
>>
>>127848489
*If the judges can't be apolitical
>>
>>127846986

Outstanding idea. Except that would (((discriminate))) against stupid, knuckle-dragging niggers.
>>
Only working citizens born and living in the country regardless of age/gender should be able to vote and it should be compulsory.
>>
>>127848271
These were the old Jim Crow ones in the US lol
>>
>>127848670
Yeah, I like the idea of compulsory voting, wish we had that here
>>
>>127848725
This would be pretty good
>>
>>127848670

>20% of the population votes for a certain party
>let's keep the other 80% unemployed so they can't vote
>>
>>127846986

ask rhodesia how that worked out for them
>>
>>127850936
>Comparing a third world shithole with no history of democracy to an established, effective Western democracy
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.