[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

God

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 133
Thread images: 17

File: 1492014106724m.jpg (107KB, 820x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1492014106724m.jpg
107KB, 820x1024px
When did you start believing in God again? How old were you when you grew out of atheism?
>>
>>127833369
17years old and just because I felt his presence
>>
I don't remember there being a God before I was born so I can safely assume there won't be a God when I die.
>>
>>127833577
That's because Canada is a heathen land and you are probably Muslim.
>>
>>127833369
I never believed in God. I knew it was bullshit forever. Fucking loser morons. Im barely fucken literate and I don't buy that horseshit!
>>
>>127833369
I didn't. I can say, now, though that I appreciate what religion does, and it's ability to preserve culture through generations. I don't hate Christianity anymore, I'm grateful for it. I don't have to take part to recognize the good it does.
>>
>>127833369
>When did you start believing in God again?
when i suffered a major cranial injury and lost 20% of my brain. what else would trigger such a step backwards?
>>
>>127833369
>using a thot to attract people to talk about christianity

Whew you must be really devoted
>>
When u see an ass like that u have to believe in intelligent design
>>
>>127833911
We're all sinners.
>>
i have intelligence. thats why i'm an atheist. bye.
>>
>>127833369
dat ass is proof there is a God

checkmate atheists
>>
>>127833705
I think you missed the memo

Gods dead
>>
>>127833369
i stopped being atheist around 16 or 17 and realized that religion in general is just a waste of time and started to focus more on my life and schooling, i have no set beliefs and have found life is far better like that.
>>
>>127833369
>when did you start believing in god again?
Unfortunately fear of non existence isn't enough to make the inconsistencies resolve in my mind or make me ignore them. But I've also never really been an atheist.
>>
when the man I loved for so long told me he loved me the whole time
>>
>>127833479
was it whilst you were being sexually molested?

Is there anything else you believe is real because you 'feel its presence' rather than actually having a sound reason that couldn't be argued with dismissed or disproved by others?

Is it that god is a trickster, and wants to hide, and only wants to welcome those who don't need evidence or reason to help them pick between the various cults, but will go with 'a feeling' to trust that the most popular religion in their area is the 'right' one?
>>
>>127833369
Never stopped believing, just noticed how utterly retarded and controlling most world religions are and started to investigate, after a few year im now what youd call a gnostic with a touch of hermeticism.
It was enough to read about teh "golden age" of islam, it was enough seeing all the devil worship in vatican city through statues and art. I dont think any of the world religions has it remotely right, except maybe the hindus.
>>
>>127834418
t. faggot
>>
>>127833911
It's a Protestant thing. Like Christian Rock and tattoos.
>>
>>127834503
what gave it away
>>
I never stopped believing in God as I'm not a melodramatic egotist who throws tantrums because bad things happen.
>>
>>127834167
I think you misunderstand that quote xD
If you think NEEECHER was being literal, I feel sorry for you.
>>
>>127833369
i believe in god when i suck black dick
>>
>>127833369
22, daoism all the way.
>>
>>127833369
>believing in an abrahamic religion

just gas yourself Moshe... or is it Achmed?
>>
File: 1468299769076.gif (581KB, 185x139px) Image search: [Google]
1468299769076.gif
581KB, 185x139px
>>127834607
>still believing in bad things.
lmao
>mfw
>>
>>127835018
> There are no bad things, just the abscence of good
>>
>>127834647
God is very much alive.
Just look at Manchester.
One of God's valiant soldiers gained paradise a week ago. Virgins and all.

Isn't God great?
>>
Idk I've been an agnostic throughout most of my life with atheist/christian tendencies for some periods. I just don't care anymore.
>>
>>127833369
>ever being an atheist

I think it's a form of autism or a form of mental regression. Functional humans believe in god
>>
When I started getting scared to die I use religion to make myself feel better even though I don't actually believe it.
>>
File: christian6.jpg (153KB, 660x656px) Image search: [Google]
christian6.jpg
153KB, 660x656px
>>127833479
Did you ask the Lord to cum inside?
>>
>>127835525
That's all religion though.
>>
>>127834647
Nietzsche was staunchly antitheist you fucking redditor. I hate christlarpers spouting this that's not what that means like it is an argument.
>>
>>127833720
so much edge
>>
>>127833720
it's a tool to be used for personal gain. not using it is FUCKING RETARDED and DEGENERATE. FUCKING NE'ER-DO-WELL.
>>
>>127836362
>christlarping
>>
Grow out of atheism? did you get head trauma or what?
>>
I was raised as Catholic but at around the age of 13, my religious beliefs stopped being important. It didn't help that my parents were non-practicing adherents. After falling out of religion I got into paranormal and spiritual shit, which I suppose was a filler for the void that moving away from religion had created. Eventually I realized how both religion and the non-religious beliefs seemed equally fantastical, in many ways inconsistent, but more importantly, too detached from the reality we live in. Now with the knowledge that any spiritual-like experiences can be induced by drugs, it's simply impossible for me to go back to holding any religious or spiritual beliefs. It's not that I actively oppose them, I simply question their validity, so I can't ever be faithful and loyal to them.

See ya all in hell, if there's one.
>>
>>127833369
I think we live inside a matrix since our brains are not allowed to access the password protected thought of what came before the big bang or what created quarks, leptons and bosons. Hence there must be some kind of higher intelligence to keep us from escaping the matrix and becoming Gods ourselves. But then again. Who created the Gods that control us? There certainly has to be some form of intelligence behind the engineering of the universe and how it all works so perfectly.
>>
I always believed in God, going to church makes sense. The scriptures make sense it all just vibes right. Plus when I pray God gets that shit done

Honestly my life has been a series of blessings and I always thank God for that
>>
>>127836964
>our brains are not allowed
as if there is something to deny access, what if we just dont have the technology or even with technology its just impossible.
>There certainly has to be some form of intelligence behind the engineering of the universe and how it all works so perfectly.
would you say the same if this universe could not harbor life? no, because you would not exist, but please do explain what this "intelligent engineering" is or looks like, because afaik it can all be explained with biology and astronomy.
>>
For a place aware of jewish lies and also known for disliking jews /pol/ sure likes to suck jew dick and say that the creator of everything is literally a jew.

Bluepilled
>>
>>127836964
We could be in an infinite amount of simulations.
>>
>>127837399
It's just sharts. They get taught that shit in school. I'm not even mad. They're like overgrown children. They can't understand why people laugh at them.
>>
>>127837386
well how come everything in nature follows the fibonacci numbers? There's definitely a pattern. Almost like a code.
>>
>>127833369
I'm 21 and I realise that I need to start being catholic again.

How do I roll back into it? How do I stop being a degenerate?
>>
>>127837743
Watch this an be enlightened.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haKgmHvbL1Y
>>
>>127837743
Idk (maybe i would if i bothered to research it), but claiming a god did it or that it has some sort of grand purpose is a bit silly and needs to be demonstrated.
>>
File: 1496188001982.png (192KB, 1280x809px) Image search: [Google]
1496188001982.png
192KB, 1280x809px
>>127837783
>christianity
>>
jordan peterson helped me see the light

i always did believe but i used to lie to myself
>>
>>127833369

i was a christian for 25 years of my life but i just cant believe in a god anymore. i cant believe a perfect, loving, all-knowing god would create a hell and need to send souls there for ETERNITY for committing a finite amount of sin. even the worst sins dont deserve an eternity of torture. its a big inconsistency in the bible as far as im concerned.
>>
File: .png (127KB, 500x510px) Image search: [Google]
.png
127KB, 500x510px
God isn't real. If she was real, she would have killed me by now. KILL ME GOD I HATE THIS WORLD!
>>
>>127833369
10, i took the edgepill early so i got over it by then
>>
>>127837900
purpose is a human invention. Mankind has invented quite a lot of false logic. Like religion. God is also the wrong word for what I'm trying to describe.
>>
>>127836964
I've had that thought before and it's let to a few panic attacks. Just thinking how we are here in this universe with no apparent purpose, trapped in an ever-growing box with no edges, surrounded by senseless suffering, limited and guided by our biologies, and ultimately knowing that you can evaluate these thoughts but they don't get you any closer to really getting an answer for why we and everything around us exists, is absolutely emotionally devastating and existentially crushing. What's also disillusioning is knowing that getting old doesn't get us an answer either, but it only grants us a sort of blind acceptance and an actual welcoming for the end of our lives. Most of us don't even have control over that shit, we just behave that way because that's how the human brain responds. Fucking slaves to our biology.
>>
>>127838087
yeah, what if we're just ants compared to our (gods) and we just will never have the capability to understand anything beyond our ant world... ants will never reach our level of consciousness so the same might happen to us.
>>
>>127838087
Life is harsh and you care too much, there is nothing you can do to change the reality, so why not just enjoy the ride.
>>
>>127833369
I was 23 when I grew out of (((Christianity)))
Thankful I did.
>>
>>127833369

I was an edgy atheist as a teenager just like everyone else. When I was ~18 it dawned on me that the big bang is a whacky concept, from nothingness came an explosion and everything started to be? That's just as absurd as a god creating the universe. I'm agnostic these days, the big bang and a God are both equally terrifying.

Do I think God would be a big human, loving, kind and logical? No. If anything I think it would be an incomprehensible being, operating on logic and motives we could never understand.
>>
>>127837955
But you see goy, you have (((original sin))), you are tainted!! Please donate to the church and visit every weekend to get free pass into heaven kthxbye
>>
god is a concept based on duality.
animals can't believe in god because they can't think dualistic.
our brain are capable of thinking black and white, like thinking in terms of minus and plus.
minus infinite = black
plus infinite = white

but if you want colors, you have to step out of duality. which means you have to be conscious of what is, without thoughts.

religion is mind-control to keep you polarized and in a black and white world. religion comes from the latin word "religare" which means "being bound to something".

religion enslaves you.

i don't need atheism, because say "yes" or "no" to the question if a god exists, is dualistic.
>>
>>127838760
So you dont believe in a god then?
well thats the definition of atheism, while you might not need it, its what you have.
>>
File: 3970448_orig.jpg (103KB, 590x640px) Image search: [Google]
3970448_orig.jpg
103KB, 590x640px
How old were you when you rejected Jewish tricks and went back to your roots?
>>
>>127838698

its so clear now! now i understand. going to get my dick mutilated right now in the name of G-d.
>>
>>127833369
who is this slut? Does he use instagram like all the disgusting 3DPD do?
>>
>>127833369
>Claims to be redpilled.>Still believes in ancient Jewish folk tales
>>
>>127833369
s-sauce please
>>
>>127839075
>he

she*

[spoiler]it would be better if she were a he actually[/spoiler]
>>
File: 1488332185821.png (205KB, 420x426px) Image search: [Google]
1488332185821.png
205KB, 420x426px
>>127839118
>[spoiler]
>>
>>127838891
if i don't believe in god, you could also call it like this:
I believe there is no god.
which basically means again, that i BELIEVE something.

if you are only conscious, why would you ever ask yourself if there is a god?

it's all in the heads. religious people are living in their heads, it has nothing to do with spirituality, it's a thought-based dream world.
they don't even believe in god, they believe in the concept of god in their heads.

if you want to get out of duality, you have to go all the way in like e.g. Buddha

did Buddha ever say there is a god or there isn't a god? (i never heard of anything like that)

does god exist?
it's like asking me if i believe if white or black exists.
>>
>>127838357
The size thing doesn't bother me, plus any Gods could grant us the ability to understand everything around us. Really, the only thing that bothers me is that we are here. You are born, this is what you get, now accept that, and also accept that there are no answers to some of the questions that your brain comes up with. I'm just glad we get to be unconscious for 1/3rd of the day. Who knows if there's any respite after dying.

>>127838445
Because I can't accept the contradiction you presented. >Life is harsh, now find a way to enjoy it.
I have come to the conclusion that it comes down to being a pessimist or an optimist and that in itself is an inherited trait. Can I manipulate that to my benefit? To a degree, but most most psychological research has shown that forcing optimism results in misery.
>>
>>127838966
This
Hail Woden
>>
>>127833369
>When did you start believing in God again?
>Again
Lmao.
>How old were you when you grew out of atheism?
Many people have never held religious beliefs m8
>>
>>127833369
I never had a problem with something supernatural that's responsible for what I perceive with my senses. There's a logical argument for it. What I have a problem with is believing that the Jewish tribal god, Satan, the devil or Lucifer is anything other than a (non-existent) Jewish tribal god.
>>
>>127833705
lmfao
>>
>>127833720
lmfao. must be black.
>>
>>127839229
>if i don't believe in god, you could also call it like this: I believe there is no god.
wrong.

Not believing something does NOT mean you believe it to be false or that you believe the opposite to be true.
"There is a god" and "there is no god" are 2 different claims and we are only talking about the first one.
if you believe it, you are a theist if you do not you are an atheist, the second claim is IRRELEVANT.
Also not talking about duality, this is basic logic.
>>
>>127834046
>checks flag
fuck off you love allah
>>
>>127839075
>>127839094
Sommer Ray
>>
>>127833369
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tFtFUX10oZw

When I looked at history. Let us all bind ourselves to Christ and renounce satan and all his works.
>>
>>127839511
thanks m8
>>
>>127833479
You're literally delusional
>>
>>127834031
You're a total retard
>>
>>127839240
i can see what you mean, you cant just choose what you believe, but im not asking you to.
Im asking you to look at it in another way, i want you to chance your attitude, thats what its all about and your attitude is something you can affect.
You need to accept the face that you cant make all life have meaning and instead focus on giving YOUR life meaning, it sounds a bit selfish but once you are ok with death and all that you can just thinking about other people and eventually you will not bother making yourself miserable by constantly thinking about something you cant change and we all live with.
>>
>>127839229
>buddhism
>not hermeticism
Explain yourselves.
>>
>>127833369
When I saw dat booty, good Lawd.
>>
>>127839447
Do you make money without doing anything? Can you have any money without any past event, that gave you the money?
Can there exist a picture, if you didn't imagine and draw it?
If this is logical thinking for you, then answer me this question:
How can there be humans if nobody imagined and created them?
If it wasn't a creator, than it must have happened illogical, without any causes. Which basically means logic does not exist. Because something happened without a cause.
Yet there is still logic happening (like natural laws). But if natural laws happened out of nothingness (without a cause), wouldn't this mean you can suddenly have a large mansion without any causal factors?
And if the all is infinite, then causes don't even exist, because there was never a first cause. If the all is not infinite, what is outside the all?

I hope you get my point, non-duality is the only way out of this mess. Atheism is a box.
>>
>>127839511

wtf is wrong with her hand?
>>
File: 1495125603918.jpg (22KB, 620x413px) Image search: [Google]
1495125603918.jpg
22KB, 620x413px
>>127837924
>joseph and his wife's son
>>
>>127838760
dis
>>
>>127839977
no i do not get your point, you just pulled out a whole bunch of bullshit that doesnt seem to be related to what i said in any way.

Im trying to get you to answer a simple yes or no question which is "do you believe in a god?" and you seem to be trying VERY hard to dodge it.
Why?
>>
>>127840220
because what you want is me thinking black and white. and because you live in a black and white box you hate it if somebody is outside of this box.
>>
>>127839511
Is she Jewish?
>>
>>127839773
They havent gotten deep enough yet. Give em time fellow Hermetic.
>>
>>127838760
your analogy is foolish, since even the colors are binary states, or "yes" given wavelengths, and "no" all the others; setting aside pedantic arguments of colors as analogy rather than literal visible light spectrum.

Your own worldview is either self defeating, or poorly understood/communicated.

It ultimately comes down to whether or not dat ass is sticc, or thicc. Either/or. Not both/and. The answer reveals the nature of God.

dat ass is thicc.
>>
>>127839767
I agree. All human misery comes down to the fact that we're never present in the now. We always dwell on something from the past or seek a future moment that we believe will fulfill us with eternal joy. It's no way to live. In this regard I favor stoicism. Accept that life will be painful at some point. Accept there will be shitty days. Accept that there will also be good days. Because how could there be beauty if there's no ugly? How could there be joy if there's no misery? Something to ponder about. Religion is mostly false hope. Like motivational gurus. They never tell you a lot of parts in life are gonna suck. I'm here to tell people the truth. Life sucks sometimes. But sometimes it doesn't. Cheers :)
>>
>>127836362
So many books... Not just one...
>>
>>127840321
I want you to be logical.
Let me hold your feet to the fire here.
The third logical absolute:
Law of Excluded Middle: A statement is either true or false, without a middle ground.

The statement is, you believe in a god.
Is it true or false?

Note that saying it could be something else would be going against all logic.

I would agree that some things are not black and white, but this most certainly is.
>>
>>127833369
I have loved the Lord since I was a small child. Never fell away my faith is strong. I am loved.

Yahshua is coming and we all have choices to make. His burden is light & his reward is with him. ...Test him & see.....
>>
>>127839387
Nope. Just educated and from a family of engineers who didn't expose me to fairytales. Niggers and coconuts and other kebabo fucks are the only God squad freaks I know. I guess you are from some darky or mud shovelling mick heritage . Usually poor cunts believe in god
>>
File: 1488158054173.jpg (276KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1488158054173.jpg
276KB, 1280x960px
>>127833369
Am I the only one that's tired of seeing females shove pieces of cloth up their ass? This whore looks disgusting. Am I gay? Did the atrazine work?
>>
>>127841058
Money is a religion, too. A religion everyone believes in.
>>
>>127841706
yep, you're pretty gay.
>>
>>127840657
>>127840321
as expected, instead of admitting defeat he fled.
This is what ego and dishonesty do to people.
>>
File: 1490649369030.jpg (57KB, 600x276px) Image search: [Google]
1490649369030.jpg
57KB, 600x276px
>>127833369
Step 1: Realize Christianity is a Jewish means of control
Step 2: Realize these christcuck threads are created by shills
Step 3: Realize "gods word" is the hearsay of man and nothing but conjecture
Step 4: Be spritual, not religious. Focus of self betterment and self meditation. The spirit in the sky is bullshit and is not going to help you.
>>
>>127844359
spiritual? what does that mean? I'm all emotional over a sunset. I feel good because I pat myself on the back
>>
>>127833369

God is a faulty word to describe a Creator Being. Look into the etymology.

I believe in the Spirits. I believe in the Great Mystery. That's it.
>>
>>127846419

Yes, that.
>>
>>127834436
hush
>>
>>127833369
once I saw this picture
>>
>>127841706
It does look bad, but i appreciate the skin
>>
>>127833369
Never was atheist, agnostic at worst.

20 I had my faith fully restored.
>>
I'll start believing in God for a piece of OP-pic bunda
>>
File: 1495506054263.png (45KB, 778x512px) Image search: [Google]
1495506054263.png
45KB, 778x512px
Can we get more Sommer Ray pics
>>
>>127833369

When I realized that the "Stop Having Fun Guys," despite their intellectual preening, really are as stupid as everybody else.
>>
God is an ever receding pocket of scientific ignorance. Whatever it is that made you think God was real will be proven (one day or another) what it actually was, just like everything people thought God was to this date.
The only thing that makes God work is belief in it. The reality is that anybody who does believe in it is mentally weak and needs a crutch to understand the nature we live in.
Religion literally provides nothing humanity couldn't have done on it's own.
The sooner this childish dogma is given up the sooner humanity can evolve and grow.
>>
>>127854864
*Tips*
>>
>>127833369
Still don't believe in God because blind
faith is as dumb as it sounds
>>
Any body who believes that God would punish you for eternity for something God already knew you were going to do is a cuck.

The concept of divine punishment only makes sense when its being peddled by evil people, furthering Satan's will, in order to control the weak.

If there is a god (and I've not learned anything to make me believe there is) he is irrelevant. He doesn't reward good people, he doesn't punish bad people, he doesn't protect the innocent or the weak, he doesn't intervene in human affairs in any way at all.

At best, god seems to be an anachronistic leftover from when man was first trying to understand the world around us. At worst, god is a formulation of man's devious attempts to manipulate other men. God is used as both the carrot and the stick, used to make people behave in ways societies deem appropriate.
>>
>>127856384
Good for you.
>>
>>127857745
there is literally no explanation of that in the bible you chinese dog fucker

the word that is written goes as far as interpreting it as tests of faith and thats it . it doesnt go beyond that
>>
>>127833720
>brags about being illiterate
>calls other people stupid for having faith when he can't even read the bible
Hmmm
>>
>>127857968
The bible is a test alright.
Only Christians goto hall.
>>
>>127833369
Belief fell apart in highschool. I'm too skeptical and cynical to be religious again.
>>
>>127833369

about a year and a half ago, after being an atheist for nearly a decade, which was after a deconversion from christianity to begin with.
>>
>>127841706

I'm sick of what it represents. I'm sick of the fact that my hormones won't allow me to stop getting aroused at the sight of it despite being sick of what it represents.
>>
>>127833997
tru.
>>
>>127833369
Last year during wikileaks happenings in the election. Realised that if satanism exists in the elite and revelation is coming to pass then christianity must be real. I then watched christian apologetics videos which convinced me
>>
>>127834436
>Somebody says they're Christian
>Fedoras only interested in strawmanning and pedophilia
The pedora, folks.
>>
>>127860829
Hey it's not fair to pick on the mentally ill
>>
>>127833369
>I gave up reason when I became an adult and started believing in a crazy book.
Thread posts: 133
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.