[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Politics in American universities. Pic related was the final

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: Women in STEM.jpg (914KB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
Women in STEM.jpg
914KB, 5312x2988px
Politics in American universities.

Pic related was the final project submitted by a group of three students. The class was Molecular Biology Laboratory in a Biomedical Engineering program. This is a second-semester Junior level class (year 3 of 4 in the degree program). The final project was worth 50% of their final grade. They walked away with a C in the class.

Just look at it. This got a passing grade. The instructor wanted to fail them but the administration forced him to pass them through the class.

In our university, the classes and degree programs are gauged by how many students are currently enrolled and how many are graduating. You heard that right: the university has a vested interest in just pushing people through their degree programs.

Many people in my class are very pissed off that this received a passing grade. We all worked very hard on our final projects except for this group and maybe one other and this shit gets a passing grade. Our posters actually looked like scientific posters, at least.

>American Education

What can be done? This is a "legitimate" university engineering program that is letting this below-elementary-school-level work get a passing grade in an upper-level class. This is proof-positive that it isn't only the liberal arts and gender studies degrees in american colleges that are worthless.

>I have a degree in STEM and I can't get a job!

now I know why.
>>
File: IMG_2726.png (181KB, 800x621px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2726.png
181KB, 800x621px
>>127754852
Email us through the whitehouse.gov website to claim your tickets today!
>>
>>127754852
I don't believe that this came from a third-year college engineering program. I don't believe that they passed if it did...
>>
Jesus Christ, for a second I thought you posted my poster there. Also, I now know the molecular biology classes are a fucking joke in all colleges. As long as you show up , you pass was the mantra for my class
>>
>>127754852
looks like hastily cribbed together 6th grade science fair. what school is this?
>>
>>127754852
Sauce? Smells like BS
>>
MKULTRA
>>
>>127755503
>what school is this?
I don't want to give out that info. Suffice to say it is a major state university
>>
>>127755682
>Smells like BS
I really wish it was. It is embarrassing. They spat in my prof's face and shit on our whole program with this and they still passed.
>>
>>127754852
>that linear regression with like 10 points in random places

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>127756029
>that irrelevant power test done incorrectly on notebook paper taped to the cardboard
>>
>>127754852
if i turned this in here in mexico I would be laughed out of the building and I would have failed the class.

I can not believe that american universities are this bad.
>>
>>127754852
University of Arkansas
Fayetteville, AR ?
>>
>>127755426
This.

At my college, we call biologists "people who were too dumb to do math and chemistry but still wanted to be called scientists."

Our chem, biochem, and physics professors openly mocked Biology majors for being useless and retarded. This is no secret.
>>
>>127755782
You want me to type that shit? Links?
>>
>>127755785
Fresno State is not a major state university.
>>
>>127756940
OP says that this is biomedical engineering.

""""""""""engineering"""""""""""
>>
>>127755782
I aint typin that shit nigga
>>
>>127754852
what was the group demographics?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.