[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should Iowa become a White-only ethnostate?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: friends4.jpg (433KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
friends4.jpg
433KB, 2048x1365px
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/29/business/economy/storm-lake-iowa-immigrant-workers.html

The union is long gone, and so are most of the white faces of men who once labored in the broiling heat of the killing floor and the icy chill of the production lines. What hasn’t changed much is Mr. Smith’s hourly wage, which is still about $16 an hour, the same as when he started 37 years ago. Had his wages kept up with inflation, he would be earning about $47 an hour.

The forces that have helped transform this snug lakeside town in northwestern Iowa and others like it during Mr. Smith’s working life have created a complex swirl of economic successes and hardships, optimism and unease.

Fierce global competition, agricultural automation and plant closures have left many rural towns struggling for survival. In areas stripped of the farm and union jobs that paid middle-class wages and tempted the next generation to stay put and raise a family, young people are more likely to move on to college or urban centers like Des Moines. Left behind are an aging population, abandoned storefronts and shrinking economic prospects.

Yet Storm Lake, hustled along by the relentless drive of manufacturers to cut labor costs and by the town’s grit to survive, is still growing. However clumsily at times, this four-square-mile patch has absorbed successive waves of immigrants and refugees — from Asia, from Mexico and Central America, and from Africa.

They fill most of the grueling, low-paid jobs at the pork, egg and turkey plants; they spend money at local shops, and open restaurants and grocery stores; they fill church pews and home-team benches. While more than 88 percent of the state’s population is non-Hispanic white, less than half of Storm Lake’s is. Walk through the halls of the public schools and you can hear as many as 18 languages.

---

NYT says diversity is this small town's strength. How can you argue against that?
>>
>>127691341
Always archive sources renowned for bad journalism and clickbait. Thank you.

https://archive.is/XbdAe <- nytimes.com article
>>
I remember a news story about 23 years ago about a small Iowa city that lamented it had no minorities or welfare recipients. So the city bought a duplex, called it "public housing" and recruited a nigger family to live in it for free.

They ended up moving out.
>>
>>127691341
>http://www.areavibes.com/storm+lake-ia/crime/
>In regards to violent offenses, Storm Lake, IA has a rate that is 56% higher than the Iowa average; compared to the United States, it is 20% higher than.
>The number of total crimes in Storm Lake, IA has increased by 22% year over year.

Sounds like a great place.
>>
>>127691341
bump
>>
If you can make that happen I will move there! I think Iowa would become the richest state in the union!
>>
>Waves of Asian, African and Latino newcomers have filled jobs at pork, egg
and turkey plants where wages have fallen and work has grown more grueling.

Uhh, anyone seeing something weird here? Like the fact that a bunch of companies underpay and abuse their workers so they hire a bunch of immigrants to abuse? Doesn't that seem like they're not treating the disease but the symptom?
>>
That article really glossed over the fact that these meat packing plants underpay and put their workers to work in grueling circumstances. I don't really understand. Do they not realize that the immigrants allow these companies to get away with doling out shit wages and shitty conditions?
>>
>>127691341
>JEW YORK TIMES

>OY VEY GOYIM DIVERSITY WILL SAVE YOUR DYING WHITE TOWNS

>HEY I'M THE OP AND IM A JEWISH CUNT HOW CAN YOU DISAGREE WITH TALMUDIC WISDOM, GOY?!
>>
>>127691341
Obviously
>>
>>127691341
>Cheap labour and rising house prices are good for you goyim

That would have been less tldr
>>
When the hardworking white man feels that he's not making ends meet, he either puts up a stink (unionizes) or goes and finds work elsewhere, forcing the company to rethink their employment practices. But, instead, the company simply advocates for more dumb immigrants to fill their slots on the assembly line because not only do they take more abuse for whatever reason, but they never put up a stink and fight back against abusive employment practices.. How do leftists defend this shit?
>>
This is the worst double think I've ever seen. The liberal whines and whines about shitty corporate abuse, yet, applauds corporations like Oscar-Meyer to abuse third worlders to push their multicultural agenda. It's fucking retarded.
>>
>>127691341
Not just Iowa. All states and European countries.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.