[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Working vs NEET

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

Working
>Money, but still low wages
>No time to enjoy it
>Exhausted at the end of the day, don't have energy to do anything except play vidya and watch anime
>Too tired to even play vidya competitively.
>Unhealthy living on fast food because no time or energy to cook.
>Either watch yourself get fat from a desk job, or ruined from a physical job.

Not working
>Lots of free time
>No money
>Everyone is jealous and hates you.
>Depression from doing nothing all day.
>Most time is wasted shitposting and playing vidya, old vidya at that.
>Healthier than working, have time to cook, eat right, and exercise.

Fuck, isn't there anything in between these two? I've tried life as both a NEET and working. And both just lead to a path of misery and poor health- either mentally or physically. So many Americans live the life of working like a slave and missing out on most of their lives, but the opposite isn't so great either. No wonder so many Americans are miserable compared to Europeans- who actually get vacations and wages to enjoy life with.
>>
Both have their pluses and minuses. I'm neet right now but I know I can't continue like this.

Biggest drawback for working is how there is never enough time to do things. Seems by the time you get home from work you have to get ready for the next day.

I think a good compromise would be a 30 hour work week.
>>
>>127668160
Or just go live inawoods style and grow/hunt your own food
>>
>>127668160
>I don't want to earn my keep, I want to be given it for nothing!
Too fucking bad.
>>
>isn't there anything in between these two?

Yes. Self-employment.
>>
File: block o fat.jpg (109KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
block o fat.jpg
109KB, 500x375px
>>127669743
I still want a decent social life. I'd like to be able to play a tabletop RPG once a week or so. I'd like to be able to go on a date and go to a party once or twice a year at least.

You can't even play tabletop RPGs or board games once you work, because all your friends work too, and their schedules conflict with yours, its terrible. You don't even have time to go shopping- no wonder all the stores are closing and retail is going all online.
>>
>>127668160
Instead of being a faggot and begging the world to feed you, you should thank the world for not killing you yet.

Find a bridge you lazy fucking piece of shit.
>>
>>127668160
You could start your own business. Or become qualified for a higher paying job.
>>
>>127668160
>having to work or starve is a threat!

Who threatened the first fish to form in the ocean?
Who threatened the first lizards to crawl onto land?
Who threatened the first apes to leave Africa
Who threatened the first man to pick up a stick and tie it to a rock?
Who threatened the first man to build a fire?
Who threatened the first man to build a hut?
Who threatened the first man to farm grain?
Who threatened the first man to write the written word?

"Capitalism" isn't the thing oppressing you, your own body is. Your definition of oppression is that you must consume in order to live. You aren't being oppressed, you're alive. The STATE OF BEING ALIVE is what you define as oppression. If you honestly believe a single thing in that image, go put a gun in your mouth and blow your brains out, because unless you can make a qualitative argument against what I just said, I've objectively proven that you believe that being alive is a form of oppression.

You just got BTFO hard. Oh no wait that happened when you were born. Well I BTFO'd your gay communist ideology. Oh no wait that happened 120 years ago when they discovered that the Labor Theory of Value was objectively false. Well, I BTFO'd your image.
>>
>>127668160
Do you not understand what saving money is? You get a job to save up for a house, when you own a house you can then work less hours until you retire, then you can enjoy a few decades of peace then die and leave your property to your children, thus increasing the strength or your family and lineage. It's not a difficult concept to understand.
>>
>>127670406
Adults have responsibilities and shit to do. Stop complaining.

> Me and my friends can't find time to play tabletop RPGs.

If that the biggest issue in your life then you are both blessed and soft for complaining about it.
>>
>Not being self employed doing something you are deeply passionate about/

>The kind of passion that keeps you working for 3 days without sleep. If you can make money doing something that you have burning passion for you really don't work a day in your life. Bob Ross is a good example.
>>
>>127670821
>yo fish wanna form?
>no thanks
I think you might be 12 at best
>>
>>127668160
Life doesn't give us what we want, it gives us choices. Stop being a faggot thinking that you should get what you want.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.