[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do conservapoors vote against their own economic interests ?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_4672.png (633KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4672.png
633KB, 700x700px
>>
>>127516955
No bantz here, just a serious answer:

* Many people believe there are principles higher than their own self interest.

* The larger the government, the more power it wields in your life. Tax cuts (for rich or poor) starve the beast.

* Ideally, the best tax policy for general income tax purposes is a broad, low tax. That's not what we have in the U.S. Our income tax system is among the most progressive in the world. The reason you only hear about tax cuts for the rich is because the poor aren't generally paying any income taxes at all.
>>
>just cuz i'm poor i should take from everyone else
having integrity, commiefag
>>
File: C5Uu_bsWAAADO4C.jpg (294KB, 1007x1200px) Image search: [Google]
C5Uu_bsWAAADO4C.jpg
294KB, 1007x1200px
>>127516955
Good question
>>
>>127518023
> wealthyfags shouldnt pay into the system

T. Cletus
>>
>>127517727
Why is it better to give coporations power over your life?
>>
>>127516955
Saged and reported for spam.
Enjoy your ban.
>>
>>127518193
What is the government good for? Clearly the public education system did not work for you!
>>
>>127518193
Honest answer, for me anyway: I trust corporations more than I trust the government.

No corporation has the power to point a gun at me and legally tell me to empty my pockets. No corporation is wholly protected from competition the way the government is.

I'm not saying corporations are 100% clean. Or that it's an either/or choice -- we're not getting rid of government and replacing all those functions with corporations.

I *am* saying that, if I have to choose between the two of them for many things government currently does, I'd choose the corporation.
>>
>>127518900
You know that's a fairly reasonable answer, which is surprising given that this is /pol/. My opinion is that both government and Capitalism/coporations are both equally necessary. Coporations may not hold you at gun point, but that's only because government laws prevent it. Why wouldn't a company kill a competitor or someone trying to expose bad business practices if they could get away with it? Corporations, especially when unregulated, could easily cripple a community with terrible wages, pollute, destroy competition.
I understand how government can be bad, but it can do good understand proper leadership. That's why people in cities tend to be liberal. Good examples of government are found throughout cities.
>>
>>127520093
You get to do some things in cities that you can't do in smaller communities due to a range of factors:

* Generally younger and more liberal voter base

* Density lets you do some things (transit, social programs) more cheaply than if you were dealing with a spread-out area.

One thing that cities -- nearly all cities and states, for that matter... hell, the feds too -- do is tax future generations for the expedient needs of the present. Nationwide, there are only a small number of cities that have fully funded pensions. The feds? Twenty trillion dollars in debt and climbing.

We can debate taxes endlessly (and I agree this is a better convo that you usually get on /pol/. But I would hope we both agree that picking the pockets of the next 2-3 generations just for government gimmies right now is pretty immoral.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.