[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Coincidence that both Aldous Huxley and George Orwell were skinny?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 10

File: aldous huxley and george orwell.png (320KB, 708x479px) Image search: [Google]
aldous huxley and george orwell.png
320KB, 708x479px
You've probably heard the words ectomorph, mesomorph and endomorph. They basically mean skinny, athletic and fat bodytypes, respectively. These are called somatotypes and they're usually talked about in the context of weightlifting or other physical training and diet.

But here's what I never see people talking about. Did you know that William Herbert Sheldon, the psychologist who developed these ideas, also worked on something called constitutional psychology where the idea was that different body types are associated with different temperament types? These are called ectotonic, mesotonic and endotonic temperament.

You can read all about it here:

http://www.innerexplorations.com/catpsy/t1c4.htm
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Somatotype_and_constitutional_psychology

Here's an example of what's on the first webpage:
>The feelings of the ectotonic are not on display, even though they can be very strong, and so he is sometimes accused of not having any. When they are in a situation of dealing with someone who has authority over them or with someone of the opposite sex whom they are interested in, they often make a poor first impression. They are uncomfortable in coping with social situations where overt expressions of sympathy are called for or where general idle conversation is the norm, for example in parties and dinners where they have no intimate acquaintances.

Here's where some politics might get into this.

Is it a coincidence that both George Orwell and Aldous Huxley were ectomorphs? Both of which of course wrote dystopian science fiction. Or is there a connection between their body type and the type of books they wrote, because what you think and feel is part of the temperament.

And is there a connection between for example the temperament of sandniggers and their bodytype? They are usually short, muscular, have thick beard and a lot of body hair, bald early and get gray hair early, for example.
>>
You seem to know a lot about sandnigger musculature
>>
>>127445883
Fpbp
>>
And furthermore the main character in both of those novels were ectomorphs as well, Winston Smith in Nineteen Eighty-Four, and Bernard Marx in Brave New World. The Matrix is a dystopian science fiction story not all that different from these two books and there the main character also is an ectomorph, Neo.

I think it was Kerry Bolton who pointed out in an interview that in most of the paintings from the French revolution, the conservatives are depicted as big buff guys while the revolutionaries are depicted as skinny guys. Not sure if this is true.
>>
I've noticed that most top politicians have very big broad heads.
>>
all the weeaboos i've met fit on the ectotonic-ectomorph category

quite interesting
>>
>>127448230
I was a weeaboo for several years and yeah, it's true. The OP also describes me exactly.
>>
I think it's interesting that constitutional psychology is now a neglected theory, it's considered pseudoscience, when there clearly seems to be a lot to it. Also interesting:

>The foundation of these ideas originated with Francis Galton and eugenics.
>>
>>127445883
Top kebab removal kek.
>>
Fascinating stuff.
>>
>>127445782

average sandnigger surely has a smaller frame than the average European

I disagree that ectomorphs are more thoughtful or thah endomorphs are more manic ; it's interesting but seems to be 1920s pseudoscience
>>
>>127445782

Orwell was literally starving.

Huxley liked LSD, and I can't eat when I'm on acid.
>>
>>127448946
It's most likely dismissed largely due to the possibility of actually classifying people based on their genetics which in turn dictates their potential. That is, muh racism.
The thing is, you don't really need to have a phd in dicksucking to write a study as long as you have the brain to do it.
If you managed to compose a database of writers (their physical traits) and their subject matters, you could draw some conclusions from there.
>>
>>127447870
I don't know if it's true but I get the impression that most autistic and schizophrenic people are skinny, while the top politicians and business leaders often are very big and tall mesomorphs with big broad heads and they often seem be psychopaths.
>>
File: Rex_Tillerson_official_portrait.jpg (37KB, 480x600px) Image search: [Google]
Rex_Tillerson_official_portrait.jpg
37KB, 480x600px
This is the current United States Secretary of State. Very typical head shape for a top politician don't you think? Now imagine he looked something like Bob Dylan. Would never happen, would it?
>>
File: mattis2-800x500_c.jpg (45KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
mattis2-800x500_c.jpg
45KB, 800x500px
Is he a painter?
>>
>>127453040
I believe so.

I think you're onto something, Sven
>>
File: temperament types.png (34KB, 860x289px) Image search: [Google]
temperament types.png
34KB, 860x289px
Writing dystopian science fiction seems to imply perhaps that you are paranoid and pessimistic. So, do skinny people tend to be more paranoid and pessimistic? The ectotonic in the attached image certainly looks more pessimistic and paranoid than the other two guys.
>>
where's peterson on this?
>>
It probably had to do with what they ate.
>>
>>127454806
Sorry, Sven, but I think Magnus here just stole your thunder
>>
>>127454806
What, the fact that they were skinny or the fact that they wrote dystopian science fiction? I think both those things had extremely little to do with what they ate. You can gain and lose weight but you can't change your somatotype. Wrist thickness is one example of what you can never change.
>>
>>127445782
bodytypes are the biggest meme ever created by fat people to justify their laziness
>>
>>127455232
no
>>
I think this case has more to do with the fact that Huxley was Orwell's teacher at one point. Also, I think in general most intellectuals are lanky. Look at photos from the Manhattan project. Every single scientist there is lanky. Most people who are really smart either aren't interested in getting big or don't have the time for it. Yes there are exceptions, but in general.
>>
>>127445782
Interesting you brought these two up because Aldous Huxley actually taught Orwell and was his inspiration for writing 1984
>>
>>127455098

Being skinny has little to do with what you eat? I'm not much for saying people blaspheme but this is obviously not true.
>>
Interesting quote:
>In psychology, temperament refers to those aspects of an individual's personality, such that are often regarded as biologically based and sometimes innate rather than learned.

source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temperament

How much of a chad's personality is innate and how much was developed in relationship to other people, for example when he learned that he can be an asshole to people and not get beaten up as a consequence of it?
>>
>>127454806
SVEN BTFO
>>
>>127454806
ecto, meso and endo aren't based off weight, it's based off bone structure and genes. meso have broad shoulders and wide ribs, ecto have very narrow frames. putting on muscle can't change that as the bones stay the same.
>>
>>127455232
>what is bone structure
>>
>>127447870
most famous men have big heads, whether actors or politicians or businessmen or models

headlets cant compete
>>
>>127445782
Unlikely. Psyche is too much complex to be categorised into three categories.

Also, sandniggers are not muscular
>>
>>127455445
>I think this case has more to do with the fact that Huxley was Orwell's teacher at one point.
>>127455463
>Interesting you brought these two up because Aldous Huxley actually taught Orwell and was his inspiration for writing 1984
Ok, but he still wrote it. He could have chosen to do something else, like play football or something.

>>127455580
You can change your body but only within a very limited range which is determined by genetics. Bone structure doesn't change. Some people have a natural tendency to big chest musles, others to having very flat chest musles. Some people naturally have a very high bodyfat percentage and will never get super lean. If you think being big and athletic is mostly due to training and exercise and that skinny and fat people could be like that too if only they ate right and exercised right, you are delusional.
>>
File: image.jpg (39KB, 290x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39KB, 290x400px
>>127454806
Aaaand /thread
>>
>>127455445
theyre lanky because in those days people had a steady diet of cigarettes and coffee to get work done

nu-science tries to be healthy with exercise, sleep, meditation, sun exposure etc.
>>
>>127456211
Yeah you are right, bone structure is what makes you fat or gives you muscles

Also bones get larger when you get fatter, not the other way around. And even then, they don't vary much.
>>
>>127445782

i find it quite anamusing hpothesis that you have come up with.

you can add HP Lovecraft to your list- physically ectomorphic, mentally ectotonic.

also Hg Wells.
>>
>>127457132
amusing? as in laughable?
>>
>>127456548

I'm not saying genes doesn't affect what your muscles look like. Fact is any human can enlargen their muscles by eating and working out. Any human can get fat if they eat shit all day and don't exercise. These are not delusions.
>>
>>127457302

no, amusing as in an entertaining and interesting.

>but quite probably bollocks.

I'm also currently quite amused by the theory which suggest that autistic traits are the remnants of neanderthal hunting behaviour-

I mean, I like it, but again it's probably bollocks. I would defend it at a popular level on a mongo board for spastics, but not at an academic level.
>>
Women usually treat skinny guys like shit. How much of a skinny guy's personality is shaped by constantly being treated like shit? How much is shaped by the fact that life in the physical world involves more suffering when you are less physically gifted, for example strength wise? Or is it some kind of heightened awareness of little details in the world that cause suffering? Details which a mesomorph doesn't worry about and therefore has a more carefree life? I.e. the skinny guy is more neurotic? Life isn't fun when you spend a lot of time worrying.
>>
>>127456548
>If you think being big and athletic is mostly due to training and exercise
I meant to say diet and exercise.
>>
>>127457776

No one knows man. Why do kids pick on those they see as different? Why aren't red haired people forming groups to overthrow blondes that make fun of them? Suffering creates character and that by itself is reason enough to suffer for a little while. You can't become a better person if you go around thinking you're perfect. That would be crippling hubris.
>>
>>127457776

come the post-apocalyptic revolution, the endomprhs will be pulling the polughs-

and the ectopmorphs will be cracking the whip.

skinny and proud. would not have it any other way. fuck the jocks and the fatties.
>>
>>127458111

yeah but we could segregate mankind according to their somatypes and then put them to work accordingly.

it would be much more efficient.
>>
>>127449472
You do acid? Can you tell me more about it? Been thinking of trying it. Are there any negative effects?
>>
>>127456807
holy fuck you're retarded
http://imgur.com/7gvaruA

look how much narrower the guy on the left's body is even though he's more ripped
>>
>>127458546

the loss of identity and the unpicking of the lessons you learned at your mothers knee.
>>
>>127458546
Hearing of a dog and a weird anxiety which if you go to deep turns into a massive paranoia
Mushrooms are better or truffles
Acid last sometimes 14 hours
>>
>>127458546

what ever you do, do NOT look in any mirrors while you are tripping.

>that's where the spiders live.
>>
>>127459467
>>127460082
Is it safe to do it with other people?
>>
Create your own thread if you're going to have an off topic discussion.
>>
>>127462591
Which body tyPe are you, op?
>>
>>127465297
Ectomorph, why? Also, are you using a proxy? Your flag and id changed.
>>
>>127465879
I've contributed twice before, I think, for example: >>127454930

Serious observation: cucks are often skinny. (Not that you are one, even though you're Swedish.) Thoughts?
>>
>>127445782

KANGZ
>>
>>127467411

HATE
>>
>>127467453

READING
>>
>>127466760
>cucks are often skinny. (Not that you are one, even though you're Swedish.) Thoughts?
I've had similar thoughts. Don't know what to make of it. One thing I've thought about is that when you have media trying to flame up people into some action using false flags and such, you will have a disproportionate amount of people who are prone to act rather than passively reflect among those who respond to it. I've also wondered if you can be a seeker of truth and a fighter for a cause simultaneously or if there is a dichotomy between these two things. Once you've chosen a path of action, other paths are closed. If you sit and reflect all day nothing gets done. Etc. I think the movie Nightcrawler is supposed to be about these things.
>>
>>127467496
Don't know about cucks though. I mean I've also noticed that athletic people tend to be neurotypical and conformist. So it might go both ways.
>>
>>127467496
The white working class are often the first to respond and retaliate against mudslime attacks, and they are very often beefy, right? It seems to me the richer you are, the more delicate and slim you are.

I also think how big you are is an indication of how impulsive you are. Big business people or leaders in general are very creative or the most creative within their groups, and creative people are often impulsive and take a lot of risks.

Thoughts? I think it all comes down to r/K selection theory. Many liberals are slim not becUse they're k selected, but because they're on drugs often, and so they cope with stress in that way, whereas some people eat more than they need to when dealing with stress (sometimes, the stress of coping with taking lots of risks).
>>
>>127452610
What Adam Carolla calls a "success head."
>>
File: Lazy_Homer_Simpson.jpg (17KB, 308x313px) Image search: [Google]
Lazy_Homer_Simpson.jpg
17KB, 308x313px
>>127468267
Don't know. My head has been feeling increasingly empty for some time. I used to have all kinds of theories and hypotheses, used to sit and just type in notepad all kinds of ideas. Now I barely get one sentence in my head. Don't know what happened. Maybe they increased the fluoride in the tap water. Can't say a lot that's interesting due to this I guess.
>>
>>127469451
Hey mate, keep going. Don't be hard on yourself.

Have willpower - think of hitler.
>>
>>127469451
Can you copy and paste some of your ideas from your notepad?
>>
>>127445883
MAXIMUM HA
>>
>>127469741
Hypothetically I could, some of it's saved. But I'd rather not. A lot of it's in Swedish. It's all very rambling. And a lot of it is rather personal.
>>
>>127445782
>>127447231
>>127448946
>>127450210
>>127454345
>>127455098
>>127455860
>>127456548
>>127457776
>>127467496
>>127468021

Your clinical gaslighting on here of skeptecism and critical thinking is fucking disgusting and something would I expect right out of a book written by one of these authors you shill

A good one to read is the giver by lois lowrey

> go to sleep goy, you are suffering from crazy ideas put into your head and sluggish schizophrania , take some pills and forget it all. Here and now, ATTENTION
>>
>>127469451
Have you changed your Diet in some way? When I talk to people, I never seek to be 'interesting' - I mostly try to satisfy my curiosity about them, so I'd try to find out what I want to know about them.
>>
>>127470285
Sounds gay af
>>
File: Tefal Head.jpg (6KB, 224x168px) Image search: [Google]
Tefal Head.jpg
6KB, 224x168px
>>127447870

I think a fair few of them are female to male trannies. Women have a proportionally larger foreheads in relation to their facial features. They also suffer from early hair loss from the testosterone injections.
>>
Jesus, Huxley was /fa/ as fuck.
>>
Huxley died on the same day as JFK. Coincidence?
>>
>>127470138
Alright then, mate. Don't let fear of failure get to you - you can't let progress happen this way. Keep it up and keep practising, I don't pay any mind to those who just want to get you down - they're little shits living insignificant, tortured lives themselves.

Keep actualising yourself, buddy.
>>
File: IMG_1731.png (939KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1731.png
939KB, 1200x630px
Heres some "bone structure" for you fat fucks trying to excuse your body type. As you can see, endomorphs have similar bone structures to a normal human, they're just fat.

Mesomorph, endomorph and ectomorph is pseudoscience. Pick up a book and put down the fork sometime
>>
>>127470716

I think tbe sunligbt exposure combined with modern technology has fucked with the heads of the swedes i.e seasonal affective disorder. It also doesnt help many swedes live in giant old urban housing blocks from out of the USSR
>>
>>127455580
Isn't the number of fat cell in a person's body genetically determined?

I've also heard the ratio of fast twitch to slow twitch muscles is genetic.
>>
Nah, had a friend who was an ectomorph, had a lot of difficulty with insomnia and shit. Very smart fellow, would regularly insinuate he was a martian or something.
Either way, ectomorphic physiques are elongated to specialize in transmuting information from the ethereal realm.
>>
>>127471132
How does that explain the swedes who do make it? And what about people from other parts of Scandinavia? Canada?
>>
>>127445782

That makes no sense since that description of the ectomorphic personality fits me but I'm a lifelong fat fuck trying to get thin.
>>
File: Joseph Goebbels I.jpg (133KB, 482x667px) Image search: [Google]
Joseph Goebbels I.jpg
133KB, 482x667px
>>127445782

Ecto here
>>
>>127461510
It's better to do it with other people at least at first. Preferably with someone sober present to make sure you don't do anything stupid. Once you're comfortable with the drug you can trip alone as you learn how to control your mind while on LSD and not freak out over stupid shit.

I've never heard of anyone getting any physical side effects apart from loss of hunger and loss of sleep but those go away as it wears off. It's more important to make sure you're in an environment you're comfortable in so the trip will be pleasant. Your own or a friend's living room is a good place to start a trip, but you're probably going to want to move outside at some point to experience nature and shit while under the influence. I usually end up spending most of the evening at a campfire in a secluded wooded area that I know very well.
>>
>>127471673

The ome who are more successful are upper class and can vacation/travel outside the country more

Ir they are working working class out in tbe country so they are at least active in nature

I suspect op is living in an apartment or close to a city and is neither a laborer or top dog who can afford to travel

As for canada, most of the population lives on tbe us border, and they are still farther south than scandanavia

Swedens culture is also deterriorating and im sure people are more depressed than usual which can be cured by community and leads back to some oconomic stability, which is why i think northern parts of the UK get through it rather well (although i have heard the scottish have a reputation for being a little odd really far north) Cant say the same about the russians in those far north mining communities however
>>
>>127458508

We could. The only problem I see with diversity is that one culture wants to be monoculture. It is obvious to anyone worth their salt that for all cultures to thrive all cultures must allow this. Hence why it is only islam and death kults like it that are a problem. Get rid of islam and cultures can again thrive. Start with politicians. Make them see this simple conundrum.
>>
>>127445782
>is there a connection between their body type and the type of books they wrote, because what you think and feel is part of the temperament.
Most writers and "artists" are skinny as fuck.
>>
How did somatypes evolve?
What are the evolutionary benefits of each somatype?
Thread posts: 87
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.