[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

are female careers really redpilled?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: BLzjFh2nuTH5rhmE4NmScRuy.jpg (75KB, 626x650px) Image search: [Google]
BLzjFh2nuTH5rhmE4NmScRuy.jpg
75KB, 626x650px
I've always had a pretty big ego, and being the second daughter among three, I felt that I always had to prove myself. While my sisters are married housewives, I'm 25, and an officer in the Navy with 6 more years of obligated service. I'm still single, and my parents constantly badger me with questions about my love life, and whether or not I'll be giving them grandkids any time soon.

My mother was a housewife, and I always thought less of her for it. Why tie yourself to a a man- or anybody for that matter- and make yourself utterly dependent on staying in the good graces of another? And at the same time, becoming a part of THEIR house as nothing but a maid, personal cook, and breeding sow to someone who probably doesn't even deserve it. I never learned to cook, I never learned to sew, and my house is messy most of the time because I don't enjoy cleaning.

But recently I've been seeing a boy; someone else from the wardroom on the same ship, and I noticed something peculiar.

(Cont.)
>>
File: housewives-cleaning-family.jpg (1MB, 2599x1779px) Image search: [Google]
housewives-cleaning-family.jpg
1MB, 2599x1779px
When I know he's coming over, I get excited to clean my house, and make it perfect for him.

When he was nearing his 4-year-point (when officers make LT in the navy) I taught myself to sew, and with great love and care, sewed his bars onto his uniform. Now, every time I see him wearing his NWUs, I get a little proud that I made his life that much easier.

And recently, I've been cooking. My kitchen is a mess, I have no idea what I'm doing, but I've been obsessively watching kitchen shows, filling my trashcan with ruined ingredients and failed kitchen experiments. Few things have made me as happy as cooking for him, and now I cook for everyone. There's something intensely satisfying about making something delicious and seeing someone else enjoy it.
>>
File: 009-family-values.jpg (62KB, 468x451px) Image search: [Google]
009-family-values.jpg
62KB, 468x451px
And so that brings me to where I am now; dreading the 6 years of obligated service that remain on my contract. I thought my work was fulfilling, I'm a nuclear-qualified propulsion plant watch officer on a nuclear reactor plant, and the work is difficult, daunting, but it gave me purpose. But now I'm left to wonder how much more fulfilling life would be to be a homemaker, to be appreciated for everything you do and answer not to a bunch of salty, crotchety assholes who don't care about you, but to do everything you do for the man who loves you.

I imagine a life where I can cook all the time, until my food wouldn't look out of place in a 5-star-resturaunt, and every single day, my man could brag to his friends about how great my food is. I fantasize about having an always-immaculate, well-decorated house that's the envy of the neighborhood, and I'd know it only looked that way because of the work I put into it.

And most off all, I wonder how fulfilling it would be to have and raise children.

Was college a mistake?

Was OCS a mistake?

Feeling sad man.
>>
>>127344133
Stay in the Navy.
>>
>>127344133
No greater career for a woman but to be a mother and a housewive, maybe a teacher too.
>>
>>127344133
Ask yourself why you viewed the choices your mom and sisters made as less than stellar.

As a pretty bitter guy (I've been burned hard), look, at least you've got your eyes opened. You can now consider if a different lifestyle is better for you. That's a hell of an opportunity.
>>
>>127344225
Also, yes, careers suck. Sometimes they suck hard. Very, verrrrry rarely are they truly enjoyable. That's been men's lot in life for most of history. Seems youre figuring this out. Again, at least you're opening yourself to new possibilities.
>>
File: 1491515512217.png (50KB, 616x599px) Image search: [Google]
1491515512217.png
50KB, 616x599px
tits or gtfo
>>
Do both. You're just going to change your mind again in 6 years anyways.
>>
>>127344133
>signing a contract to give 6 of the best years of your life to uncle sam
At what point did this seem like a good idea?
>>
>>127344225
A picture of your tits would help clarify things. You know, for research.
>>
>>127344133
>>127344195
>>127344225
Children want to be adults, but they don't want to grow up.

That's why children don't get to make their own decisions. It's for their protection, not just to be a big old meanie and cramp their style.

Don't squander what's left of your youth trying to prove your mother wrong. Everyone finds out she was right all along eventually. You could skip a lot of heartache and regret by swallowing your childish pride.
>>
>>127345163
How the fuck did they EVER convince women that staying home and hanging out with your kids all day was drudgery?

The worst day of chores at home is still better than the best day at fucking work. By a longshot.

It's like women in combat, "Yeah, you THINK you want to go do that, but that's just because you're completely fucking retarded."
>>
>>127344133
>Why tie yourself to a a man- or anybody for that matter- and make yourself utterly dependent on staying in the good graces of another? And at the same time, becoming a part of THEIR house as nothing but a maid, personal cook, and breeding sow to someone who probably doesn't even deserve it.

A good argument I've heard is that you are doing the same thing in a career.

You make yourself dependent on staying in the good graces of your employer. Becoming a part of their mindless company, doing nothing but mindless company tasks, and can you say that your boss truly deserves your labor?
>>
>>127346578
Plus you STILL have to do all that cooking and cleaning for yourself, even if you do choose a career over a family.

Congratulations, you skipped all the benefits of life and kept the obligations.

No wonder women are all fucking depressed and miserable.
>>
Having career options are good. But serving the best years of your life on a rotting ship must suck.

I'm an engineer and my girlfriend works small time jobs.

She currently works at a bakery and at a bar.

But she can leave anytime she wants because I can support her.

However it is nice that she can buy her own things and is indepedent

I won't mind paying off most of our future House and car.

I just want us to be a happy small family but I belive her doing small work helps her happyness
>>
>>127344133
you owe your country your services. don't play the "red pilled woman exception" card as a cop out. gawd even when women think they're enlightened, they're all egocentrists at heart
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.