[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

To all the atheists

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_7066.jpg (161KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7066.jpg
161KB, 500x500px
Anyone else feel a bit jealous of religious people. I'm an atheist (ex catholic) and when I look at religious people, I feel envious. How do other atheists find purpose like religious people find purpose from their beliefs? I know I will never believe in a religion/god but I can't help but feel like I want to delude myself into doing so. I want to be a part of something and I want to feel like I have a purpose.

Am I too stupid to be an atheist? I accept that there probably is no afterlife and I know there probably is no universal purpose for humanity except maybe procreation.
>>
File: rarepeterson.jpg (130KB, 592x887px)
rarepeterson.jpg
130KB, 592x887px
sort yourself out
>>
>>127307737
Convert to Christianity.
>>
File: brain_expanding.jpg (66KB, 526x533px) Image search: [Google]
brain_expanding.jpg
66KB, 526x533px
You're almost there; just one more level to go till enlightenment.
>>
>>127307737
As an atheist i often too admire the religious people for their devotion and belief in something greater than them. I absolutely despise when they use god to explain things in nature, sure, but thats not the only thing that religion brings.
Its community, identity, people meet lifelong friends in churches. In places with more and local churches ( my town has like 3 only maybe 4) people get to meet their whole neighborhood.
Its nothing but healthy for a human.

However i too cannot force myself to buy into this. And even then im not much of a social person so i wouldnt enjoy meeting people either way.

The man in this picture
>>127307945
On one occasion said: "Men who say life is meaningless are the ones living meaningless lives." You do not need religion to find a purpose, you need aspirations and intelligence.
>>
be an atheist in an islamic shithole, problem solved
>>
>>127307737
No matter how hard you tip your fedora, conscience is energy and thus wont disappear, in the same way, you cannot be conscious of not being conscious, therefore there is an afterlife. Cry and wail all you want and ask for evidence now, clown.
>>
>>127307737
Read Edward Feser books and you will think that God exists again
>>
File: brain-memes-internet.jpg (90KB, 500x707px) Image search: [Google]
brain-memes-internet.jpg
90KB, 500x707px
>>
>>127307737
>but I can't help but feel like I want to delude myself into doing so
You'll have to completely drop your pride and arrogance. You're lost and you'll never know God's glory until you do.
>>
>>127312160
Who says the energy of consciousness stays packed into consciousness ball and floats around intact? The energy of your body (when buried) is transferred into many forms: bacteria, plants, animals, etc. The only thing holding our consciousness together is our brains, and that's gonna end up as worm food like the rest of us.
Although I do agree that consciousness is energy (like the rest of our bodies), that energy will be scattered like smoke in the wind and used for something else.
>>
>>127314759
>that energy will be scattered

How do you know that conscience does get scattered? Does heat get scattered? Does electricity? When do they do? Have you observed this process on conscience?
>>
>>127307737
>when I look at religious people, I feel envious

GTFO
>>
>>127315179
>Does heat get scattered?
Yes. When you light a match the heat from the chemicals in the match head combusting is dispersed into the air, exciting air molecules and giving them kinetic energy. The energy is then transferred between air molecules as they run into each other. In this way the energy that was concentrated in the match head is spread though, really, the whole atmosphere. The heat does not float around in a match-head-shaped sphere until it runs into something it warms up.

>How do you know that conciseness does get scattered
I don't, but if you claim it's energy shouldn't it behave like other forms of energy, such as heat?

>Have you observed this process on conscience?
In oder to observe it yourself, you'd have to kill yourself. I recommend you try it and find out.
>>
>>127307737
Atheism is the most obvious edgemaster crawling in my skin psuedo religion on the planet meant to ensare young adults who think they're so much more intelligent than everyone else.

Anyone who champions Atheism is legit one of the stupidest people.
>>
This is just my advice anon.
I'd start by not calling yourself an Athiest. Not because what you can't build moral structures or have a set of guidance principals, but because other people THINK that you lack these things. Its sub-conscious. You can still develop your own morals through science and logical interpretation of experiences. Just say Agnostic. Its a comfy place.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.