[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Important Podcast

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: Sam Harris.jpg (5KB, 290x174px) Image search: [Google]
Sam Harris.jpg
5KB, 290x174px
https://soundcloud.com/samharrisorg/78-persuasion-and-control

Yes, I still listen to every Waking up show there is. I am glad I listened to this one. We all know Sam's endless assault on Trump has led us to stray from his podcast lately, I am with you on that one. However, this one I found pretty horrifying.

We all knew facebook had it's dirty hand in many sinister soups, but I had to think for a bit... What if 4chan is doing the same thing?

Even if you hate Sam's podcast, I promise you this one is 100% worth listening to. Data and Machine learning is being used to fuck over Facebook normies to a level I did not even think it was. I am not sure what other platforms are using this tactic, but 4chan might be safe due to the archive, unless that is also altered to only show us what we want.

She speaks a lot about totalitarianism, human use of data for human led totalitarianism. This got me thinking though....

When robots take over most of the jobs and decision making, there isn't a need for human led totalitarianism, machine totalitarianism is the future that we are seemingly striving full speed ahead at. AI totalitarianism is the end for most of the population.

Now that I have PTSD from listening to it, time to meditate on our future overlords and post fake stuff online to trick machine learning.
>>
>>127290959
back r/atheism
>>
>>127291137

Not even, there is plenty of political reasons to want to know and view the podcast. Sam doesn't even talk about Atheism anymore and who even cares about it?

It's nice to know that you don't listen to the podcast but know the major idiot arguments for being against Sam, faggot
>>
The problem with Sam is that he's one of the few people in the public spotlight who are so smart it's difficult to put their thoughts into words. He routinely finds difficulty expressing complex ideas in a way that idiots can understand, especially when he meets with meatheads like Joe Rogan.

Sam is a smart guy, and while I don't always agree with him, I respect that his opinions are based in fact. He's right about Trump too, guy is a fucking clown and he's going to fuck up America in a whole new way. Trump may have been the lesser of two evils, but he's still a shitlord manchild.
>>
>>127290959
didnt listen yet. will later.

i like listening to Glenn Loury more http://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show in that he is one of the only ones that isnt constantly bitching about trump every podcast
>>
>>127291412

You know what.. I've thought about this quite a lot.

I do believe Trump isn't the smartest cookie. Let's just for the interest of the discussion actually honor Sam and everything he thinks about Trump. How does he still own and run businesses, be successful, and steal the fucking election to become our new President vs a clearly stacked deck of cheaters.

My argument is, Trump knows he isn't the smartest person, so he actually listens to the smart people around him. He knows how to be a leader, but knows leading doesn't require knowing everything. That's somebody else's job, which he FULLY knows. In a nut shell, Trump isn't somebody we need to worry about because he really isn't pulling any strings, the people in his circle are the one's we should be keeping an eye on, the influencer's. To me, this is one of the best qualities to have if you are going to be President of the best country in the world. So, while Trump himself might be a moron, he still know's how to listen.. Which clearly trumps thinking you know better than the people around you.
>>
>>127291582

I listen to Glenn Frequently, I've exhausted all his podcasts already. Great guy.. Kinda funny you would post this, are you a machine? Do you already know my interests and are just trying to keep my attention?
>>
>>127292076
guessing glenns podcast with sam harris would be one that /pol/ would most definitely enjoy. https://www.samharris.org/podcast/item/racism-and-violence-in-america
>>
>>127292742

http://bloggingheads.tv/videos/45481

In this podcast, his guest claims that they can accurately guess violent crime based off the number of 13-31 Year old black men.

Another homerun for /pol/
>>
>>127290959
It's hilarious that this guy spoke out on islam, but it was trump that really got him unhinged.
>>
File: Angry-Jesus.jpg (19KB, 297x350px) Image search: [Google]
Angry-Jesus.jpg
19KB, 297x350px
Stop listening to non-Christians

really though why do people keep posting this guy?
>>
>>127293482

Lol stop listening to non-Christians..

Well, there goes 95% of the scientific community if you take this to it's limits. How about you stop listening to non-Christians, be uninformed and a idiot?

I can't imagine any reason to stop listening to one of our generations most brilliant minds because they aren't Christian..
>>
Someone want to redpill me on captchas
>click on recaptcha privacy or terms
>go to google
>nigga
>>
>>127293838
>scientific community
>95% non-Christian
>>
>>127293433
But he's right about Islam.
>>
Lmao at this Ben stiller looking Kike.
SAGE

GTK
RWN
14/88
>>
>>127294384

Look at this guy, telling us he saged it, so cool.
>>
>>127290959

all you need to control /pol/ is to control the doubles and quads
>>
>>127294723

Got 2 doubles on the last, I am prob better informed than a Christian. The gets tell all
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.