[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Military Branches

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 2

File: 2da3f81ae51d32d9a8770fabe48bb770.jpg (817KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
2da3f81ae51d32d9a8770fabe48bb770.jpg
817KB, 1024x768px
What is the difference in people with each military branch?
>>
they're all useful idiots, but they're all useful and idiots to a varying degree.
>>
>>127235351
Why aren't the Marines a part of Army? Or at least part of Army special forces. What's the fucking purpose?
>>
>>127235877
Amphibious assault. And surely you're kidding with a parallel between Marines and special forces, they are polar opposites
>>
>>127235877
Marines in the Army...Marines....MARINEs....not in the Maritime force.

Idiot.
>>
>>127235351
Fuck off were full
>>
>>127236040
I'm shitposting since I dying to get reasons, what's the difference between the Army and the Marines?

I know that a marine is tougher than a regular soldier. But when are which used?
>>
>>127235877

they are soldiers who are stationed on Navy ships for the most part as MEUs or in landing ships for amphibious assaults.
>>
>>127235351
If you wanna do combat arms I would go army or the corps.
>>
>>127235877

Because the roles we play in america's war doctrine is a completely different task than the army, requiring different types of training, different gear, and different focuses. Long story short, the army is an occupational force, and the corps is a force in readiness, specializing in amphibious assault.

That's ignoring the long military history and tradition that would be trampled on.
>>
>>127235877
The Navy, not the Army.
>>
>>127236355
What's the purpose of Army Rangers and Delta Forces then?

So basically Marines are for attacking and Army is for defending?
>>
>>127236512
Yeah, last time I checked the USMC is its own thing and not a branch of Navy.
>>
>>127236298
The current US doctrine sends Marines on combat patrols and other offensive actions while the Army is used to garrison areas and conduct defensive actions.
>>
>>127236521
You've also got Army airborne, which I thought were a force in readiness and rapid reaction.

Why aren't marines part of the navy? Too big?
>>
>>127236594
Isn't the purpose of Army Infantry to do combat patrols and offensive actions?
>>
>>127236521
Rangers are for specialized raids, traditionally this meant assaulting airfields. Delta force is smaller, specialized antiterrorism forces

Also , not accurate to say Marines are assault force and army holds the area after.
>>
>>127236594
Dude why spread misinformation?
>>
>>127236920
Yes, don't listen to that shitposter.
>>
>>127235351
im in the jew branch
>>
>>127236983
That's how I usually describe it to civilians.

Air Force plows the field by dropping bombs, while the Marines get dropped off by the Navy to clear the rest of the way and after that, the Army sets up shop.
>>
>>127235559
From what was explained to me
>Marines
Brained douches
>Air Force
Elitest
>Army
Generally the dumbest and normal go
>Navy
Weirdos and gays
>>
>>127237282
But that implies the Army doesn't partake in 'clearing the way' as you put it, which is inaccurate, specifically in our most recent and ongoing conflicts in the middle East as well as historically
>>
Marines = Real ground/combat troops all around
Army = General troops that can fit into numerous situations
Air Force = Hardline technicians that do one thing and one thing only
Navy = Mainly blacks looking for an easy enlistment floating around not being deployed yet say they're deployed
>>
>>127236521

Every branch is for w/e the fuck the brass says it's for.

Case in point: Redpill yourself on the USAF combat truckers.

Army has been used for amphibious assault before too.

Also, every branch has aircraft and boats.
>>
>>127237614
Well the AF does Air, Space, and Cyberspace and the Navy has the bigger aircraft inventory...Yeah so most people in real life don't want me to breakdown the TTP and doctrine of the DOD since it's inception and the roles prior to that from the beginning of flight so instead I tell them this to be concise and generally accurate in what their main purposes are.
>>
>>127237961
I worked on an Air Force Cargo Ship
>>
>>127237867
Accurate except seems to forget the massive amount of marine POGs who do clerical work and cannot pass an airborne APFT.
>>
>>127238113

They don't count. If you're a POG in the Corps, you're fucking wrong.
>>
>>127238323
>but muh everyone is a riflemyn first!
>>
>>127237407
Basically, yes.
>>
What's the best branch if you're interested in a cybersecurity role?
>>
>>127238113
True, but a fat Marine would do better on the battlefield than an Airman in great shape. They have way more training in that realm.
>>
>>127238515
AF
>>
>>127236920
>>127236983
It's not misinformation, it's a generalization. Of course marines do defensive actions and of course the army goes on combat patrols. There's a lot of overlap between the two, but unless you want to spend the next hour typing up an essay detailing all the specifics about who operates where, why, who does what, what they use, how they do it, who tells them what to do, and so on, you're going to have to generalize a little.

So here's my corrected statement:
In the current doctrines used with fighting in the middle east, the Army is used in a more defensive-like fashion. They will still go on combat patrols, assault areas, and conduct offensive operations, but the overall aim is generally to maintain control over certain areas. The Marines are used in a more offensive-like fashion. They still will garrison fire bases, guard convoys, etc, but the overall aim is generally to destroy the enemy wherever he is.

This isn't reflected in all our previous wars and is not a doctrine that will be used indefinitely, but it is the general doctrine used currently by the US in the middle east.
>>
>>127238576
Then I should probably go in as an officer then.
>>
>>127235877
The only Special Forces marines would be in is Special Education Forces.
>>
>>127236298
why the fuck are you asking question on 4chan, google that shit and you can get your answers. marines are part of navy because navy are deployed everywhere. there is so much to learn in a particular branch that you cant just merge them together. marines conduct amphibious assaults.
>>
>>127239243
Kek
>>
>>127238515
What is your def. of cybersecurity.
>>
>>127239900
Well I study Computer and Network Security and am going for my B.S.
>>
>>127238704
Yeah. If you want to be USAF Cyberspace and not some bullshit regular IT dude who fucks everyone's email up constantly.
>>
>>127240009
Probably AF then.

If you're more of a leet h4xor then Army.
>>
>>127240086
True. They've got ROTC over at the university. Idk if I should contact them.

>>127240371
Nah, Army has too many poos
>>
File: 1494519935514.jpg (142KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1494519935514.jpg
142KB, 1920x1080px
Bump
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.