[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

With automation taking over jobs, what would be the best way

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 1478484858778.jpg (368KB, 1280x848px) Image search: [Google]
1478484858778.jpg
368KB, 1280x848px
Is the only feasible path by having products "created by human hands" showing its quality or some shit?
>>
>>127152848

It wont matter. If we hit that point without killing ourselves off in the process it will always be better than what humans can make.
>>
There is none.
As soon as AI is good enough to do a task it will be used.
Robots will be better at doing any manual task in the future.
They do stuff faster more precise and need no break or vacation.
They also don't go on strike don't get sick or demand a pay rise
In 50-100 years humans will be reduced to mental work only.
We have to work out how to make this benefit everyone or the people not capable will rise up or die out.
>>
>>127152848
>created by human hands" showing its quality or some shit?
Showing that it's of inferior quality?
>>
>>127153642
bruh the AI can already play chess and diagnose diseases better than people.

"Mental" tasks wont even exist.
>>
>>127153885
/thread.
>>
>>127153932
But this is what it is to be (((progressive)))
>>
>>127154220
Of course it da Jew again
Explain please
>>
>>127153932
Well humans will still have to program robots
At least for the next 50 years
Also if you look at Boston dynamics you will see there are still many things robots won't be able to do for some times. And that's just tasks like walking over uneven terrain
>>
File: you_are_already_NEET.jpg (50KB, 670x440px) Image search: [Google]
you_are_already_NEET.jpg
50KB, 670x440px
>>127152848
>what would be the best way to make sure people remain workers?
cull as many as possible -- starting with the lower end of the I.Q. spectrum, godtards and so on -- thereby relieving the pressure on the jobs that do exist
>>
>>127154655
Well they tend to be high up in regards to businesses but it could be anyone, how will normal people earn money when Mr Goldstein is taking all the profits from his AI?
>>
Construction. It will be at least 20-30 years before 3D printing and droids replace human laborers. Can't be outsourced won't be H1B'ed. Is susceptible to recessions.

Give this generation a chance to earn retirement. Build infrastructure for the next. Simple labor is soon to be extinct. Strenuous mental labor as well. You're already seeing this in the Labor participation rate. It's shit, and will continue to shit the bed. Along with household incomes. Marketplace competition grows as each sector replaces human labor. Forcing more workers into fewer positions. Wages will never again go up 8% a year for decades as it did before. You'll be lucky to get inflation parity.

Only high end research will have value, and even thats questionable if it'll still be in human hands.
>>
>>127154967
Robots are already starting to be self organizing and reprogramming themselves and they do have robots that can walk over uneven terrains with as much consistency as the average person.
>>
>>127155137
The same things will happen as in the industrial Revolution.
Jobs will shift and people will have to assimilate.
Jobs will get lost other jobs will be created.
Yes people will be left behind but that's the way things are. If you can't handle change you will be removed from the gene pool someday
>>
>>127152848
I think automation in coming faster than we think

https://youtu.be/6KRjuuEVEZs
>>
>>127155851
>other jobs will be created
Like performing medical test?
Like making cars?
Like farming?
Like call centers?
Like cash registers?
Every creative design is being over taken by bot writers and procedural generation. We're not talking about replacing basket weaving. But rather any simple to moderately complex action a human could perform.

You wait long enough maybe even sucking cocks won't even be a viable human profession.
>>
>>127155113
The problem with less people is less consumption, which is bad for an economy. Most likely we will simply expand the welfare state (or it will expand on it's own since there are no limits on many programs) and we will end up with the majority of people in poverty but still subsisting. Economic growth should be measured by our ability to exploit resources (think energy-backed currency like in a lot of sci-fi) but people are retarded so that'll never happen.
>>
>>127156599
I would be happy that I'm preparing for jobs that will have me involved in the creation/maintenance/testing of robotics among other things but I'm not content because I know that if there is a 'robotic revolution' or 'AI revolution' that engineering jobs and other technical careers will be flooded with people desperate to get a job. We all hate those people that get a gender studies degree or something but it's actually better for everyone else than if they got something useful. It makes technical degrees more scarce and thus more valuable. If they actually made good decisions we'd be in a bad place.
>>
>>127152848
guyz just trying to make a living and entertain children.

Guy sticks him the bird.

>tfw this guys finger should be cut off and lodged up his ass sideways
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.