[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

LA 92

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: la-92.jpg (35KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
la-92.jpg
35KB, 500x500px
Has anyone seen pic related? Just finished watching. An amazing (and unbiased) film about the 1992 Rodney King LA Riots. Admittedly, the events of this film were a bit before my time, so this was my first real exposure to the reality of these events. The biggest takeaway from this film, for me, was simple:
>Black people are bullies
This film had some of the most shocking video I've ever seen of black violence. People were pulled out of their cars and beaten to within an inch of their lives, buildings were burned to the ground. One segment had a Korean woman reduced to tears as she stood in the ruins of her looted business. A white police officer was crying behind his visor, saying that this was "worse than Vietnam." You could tell all of these normal people were broken, angry, and afraid. Very emotional.
Of course, you also get to see plenty of Maxine Waters fanning the flames. What a bitch.
Has anyone else seen this film?
>>
File: jYLBryf.jpg (185KB, 950x647px) Image search: [Google]
jYLBryf.jpg
185KB, 950x647px
If something like that happened on a grand scale I'm gonna be hanging out with the Roof Koreans. They protected their shit.
>>
>>127150377
Rooftop Koreans were fucking based. Their sense of frustration, anger, and desperation was palpable throughout the film.
>>
>>127150612
It's quite admirable that they took action into their own hands and got shit done. I think the riot was unpreventable it was going to happen even if Rodney King was trying to appeal to the masses to stop the destruction, he probably looked like a big simp to them after that.
>>
>>127151303
I'll say this about Rodney King: The man was no saint, that's for sure, but I did feel sympathetic towards him at the end when he gave his statement. He was very clearly upset. For all of the things he did do, he never asked to have innocent people murdered in his name.
>>
>>127151533
Yeah most definitely. I'd be upset too if cops just beat the shit out of me and the police recordings were leaked to the news celebrating it.
>>
File: frlTtXZL.jpg (12KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
frlTtXZL.jpg
12KB, 240x240px
>>127149820
I might watch this tonight. Is the violence entertaining and is it non biased or an sjw oscar gold piece?
>>
>>127151533

You could hear his voice cracking in despair/guilt as he asked for everyone to "just get along".

It really is heartbreaking.
>>
https://youtu.be/qi8KJ0boov8
>>
>>127149820
Wait, so they made a movie that actually shows black people in a negative light?
>>
>>127154544
Violence is not entertaining (except rooftop Koreans, of course)
Non biased, it's almost entirely firsthand video of the events, news reports, and speeches
>>
>>127155415
The film is almost completely made up of firsthand video, news clips, and political speeches, so there isn't much room for bias. It just shows what happened. In other words, yes. I have no idea how someone could watch this movie and feel any other way by the end.
>>
File: into_fire_2011_image-96.jpg (37KB, 450x587px) Image search: [Google]
into_fire_2011_image-96.jpg
37KB, 450x587px
>>127155705
I get a hard on for docs showing chaos ecspecially footage in the middle of a riot.
Pic related is about a half hour of hippie and tinfoil hat shit and about 2 hours of martial law police state as kicking.
>>
>>127149820
Was in high school at the time. It showed me early on the true nature of niggers. All of them needs to be deported back to Africa.
>>
>>127155945
Wow, I was almost assured they'd try to make something sympathetic to blacks given how much the media does that nowadays.
>>
>>127156372
I think this film showed very clearly that most black people do not have any desire to live in our society, or one like ours. There seems to be a powerful sense of dissatisfaction against it in the black community. One man in the film claimed that the real problem was "white people" while in the same breath mentioning that black people need to stop killing each other so much. It's like giving a five year old their own luxury apartment. They aren't going to appreciate it, and would much rather have a shitty playground.
>>
>>127157334
Same here. Went in with the intention of hate watching. Like I said, I have no clue how even the most cucked liberal could feel that the black people in LA were justified. While there is some dispute to be had over the level of force used by the police against King, the riots remove any care about that. Like one man in the film said, they were just "holding back the jungle"
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.