[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Universal Basic Income

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

How does/would it work?
I'm neutral on the matter (and would like to continue working in research even if my needs were covered) but it seems to get either fervently supported or vehemently opposed when I see anything about it online.

Do you think it's feasible? If not, why not?
>>
Inflationary welfare scheme that's a lot of fun if you're a rich country that secretly wants to make it impossible for foreigners to even visit your country, like Switzerland. Then you can pretend it's about helping local poor people!
>>
>>127144382
put everyone on the dole, thats how you get them under control

>it rhymes so you know its true
>>
It's welfare for everyone
Which means the government will psychologically keep you as its private property
>>
>>127144924
>>127145251
terrible meme with not a single fact to back it up

The current primary welfare recipients (niggers, white trash) are majority anti-government and break the law constantly, or too stupid to care about politics. Very few of them are "loyal sheep"
>>
>>127146150
>The current primary welfare recipients (niggers, white trash) are majority anti-government and break the law constantly, or too stupid to care about politics. Very few of them are "loyal sheep"
You described most humans
As a slav you should know better, cyka
>>
>>127146792
>As a slav you should know better, cyka
Well yes and that's why I support UBI. The current welfare is very inefficient, and instead of the state favoring minorities or fat people, everyone should simply be given an equal check and be told to go fuck himself and find his own food and healthcare from the private sector with the money. It's the most libertarian approach to solving the welfare issue (without removing welfare altogether) - you simply tax the people and then proceed to hand them back a portion of the tax. The handed out portion of their tax ("UBI") is instantly injected in the private sectors because they need to survive on it and spend it asap, making it an indirect subsidy to your economy.

Meanwhile, all of the inefficient state welfare infrastructure and bureaucracy is eliminated and privatized. You end up with a more libertarian nation while poverty is eliminated.
>>
>>127144382
The more the government subsidizes our economy and invokes regulations then our quality of life along with the cost of living will deteriorate.

Example: Government starts handing out grants and loans for college. College becomes ridiculously expensive. If the government wants to sends kids to school then they should bring back state universities.

We need to return to an actual free market with low taxes, but that will never happen. The government is too far in debt. Some say federal income tax is a direct result of our growing debt.

Tl;dr government needs to stop meddling in the free market. Only thing they should enforce is workers' rights (excluding wages).
>>
>>127146792
Your argument seems to be that the entire system fails due to two problem demographics that don't work in this system either. Should violent crime be a reason for exclusion from UBI or is that even further over-reaching?

>>127147964
That's a good point, but some projects (like scientific research) need to be government-subsidized to promote innovation. I agree on the college thing; if universities weren't guaranteed whatever price they stated by an educational system that funnels people directly to college regardless of qualification and a predatory gov't loan system, tuition would be much lower. But wouldn't the government incentivize lower prices if tuition was covered by taxes, too? Schools with unsatisfactory programs would get fewer students and thus lose funding. I think the current tuition problem is due to our government not picking a side and trying to sit on the fence and get paid. If it were out or we have free public university tuition, either one would be superior.
>>
UBI doesn´t work
Negative Income Tax does
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtpgkX588nM&t=302s
>>
>>127151069
Interesting.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.