[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what is /pol/ scientific consensus on the death penalty?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 2421-610x360.jpg (56KB, 610x360px) Image search: [Google]
2421-610x360.jpg
56KB, 610x360px
what is /pol/ scientific consensus on the death penalty?
>>
>>127126877
good
>>
>>127126877

> Wasteful? Yes

> Deterrent? No

> Lemaricus and Letalvis? Sure, if that's what a community decides then so be it.
>>
>>127126877
How did they get them up there?
>>
>>127126877
Death penalty is the only practical way to deal with the criminal element.
>>
I don't trust the government with my life.
>>
>>127128260
>wasteful

How is the death penalty wasteful compared to the large amounts that would be spent on keeping them for life
>>
>>127126877
A waste of money.
Can fail and if it does it's a major fuck up.
But so good and satisfying.
>>
>>127130528
It's not the killing that it's wasteful, it's the time they have to spend on death row, plus all the "humane" methods used. An inmate can spend years on death row without being executed. It's all the extra screening in order to not fuck up that costs so much more than just locking them up in low cost prisons to eat crap and be beaten regularly.
>>
>>127130666
>Can fail and if it does it's a major fuck up.

It's a fuck up? How? Because the offender suffers? Who gives a shit.

It's really not that expensive either. Obviously much cheaper than keeping them alive. Are you just fucking around?
>>
>>127126877
Kill them quick and save on taxes.
Or
Send them all to a remote, isolated island and have them kill each other for sport. Money and ratings off the chain
>>
>>127126877
Government is generally incompetent and I don't trust them with the death penalty.
>>
>>127131214
But da gub'ment ain't as incompetent as the general populace
>>
>>127126877

Only for murder, a life for a life.
>>
>>127130936
By failing I mean executing someone innocent. That's a major fuck up. I wouldn't care less if they were executed by being boiled alive as long as they are truly guilty.
It's inexpensive to KILL the prisoners, but it's expensive to MAKE SURE they are truly guilty. The cost doesn't come from the execution itself, but from the appeals the accused can make and all the legal process. To make it really inexpensive you have to forget about the whole "innocent til proven guilty" and just hire Judge Dredd
>>
>>127126877
The punishment should fit the crime.
If a Nig rapes someone to death, then they should be rapped to death.............with a shotgun.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.