[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>warfare will never be this glorious ever again It hurts man.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 1495678810952.jpg (301KB, 3600x2444px) Image search: [Google]
1495678810952.jpg
301KB, 3600x2444px
>warfare will never be this glorious ever again

It hurts man.
>>
>>126998548
I'm more partial to the rape and pillage type.
>>
>>126998548
It was an interesting period. Every country scrambling to try and find better ways of using firearms instead of all standing in a line. I mean it took them a while before they invented the ring bayonet. Before that they just plugged one into the end of the rifle when they wanted to charge. Making it almost impossible to pull out and fire again if needed.
>>
>>126999025
>empire total war

But yeah, war was never glorious once you felt the pain of being shot or hurt in any way.
>>
>>126998548
>stand in a line waiting to get shot
>attack with a bayonett to get stabbed
>get blown up by cannons
>glorious
>>
>>126998796
this, imagine being the most powerful swordsman in the land and all the fair maidens lust after your cock and sing for you and all the men, friend or foe, quake in fear of you
>>
>>126999227
Nothing about it being fucking Glorious. Just interesting. Fuck being line infantry.
>>
>>126999420
Then someone invents the crossbow and you're killed by a fucking peasant.
>>
>>126999420

And then a minor wound unrelated to battle gets infected and you die.

Also, syphilis.
>>
>>126998548
All war is hell, but the time period from 1750-1850 sure was the most "civilized" it's ever been.

After WW1 & 2 the "civilized" part went out the window and turned into a "every man trying to survive against massive firepower" survival of chance.

I still like the idea of surrendering though. If the enemy surrenders they are no longer a threat and you should take them prisoner. Firing anyway makes you an inhuman savage.

No wonder so many guys coming back with PTSD. If I was ever in a war I'd NEVER fucking shoot an unarmed person, captive or randomly unload shots into a building I know women and children were inside.
>>
File: Normans_Bayeux.jpg (42KB, 553x280px) Image search: [Google]
Normans_Bayeux.jpg
42KB, 553x280px
>>126999370
He has a point...

Nothing is as glorious as holding the line against knights charging at you on their fast horses.
>>
>>126999370
White men were just so proper that they wanted to make war as fair and respectful as possible. I mean, they fucking wore bright colored outfits and banged drums.
>>
>>126998548
it only ever was in books & movies.
>>
File: Sweden_no.png (140KB, 700x320px) Image search: [Google]
Sweden_no.png
140KB, 700x320px
War is never glorious, it's just sitting around waiting for an arrow/bolt/bullet/cannon ball/shrapnel/artillery round to come down on you.

Honorable combat only exists in culturally regulated duels.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.