[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ive been meaning to read this book; however im not sure wich

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

Ive been meaning to read this book; however im not sure wich version is the best. Can anyone let me know their experience with this book?
>>
>>126924280
I've read maybe half. It gets quite repetitive. I'm reading The First Circle, which is about many of the same themes but in a novel and is actually readable.
>>
It made me want to clean my room
>>
File: nervous brazillian.jpg (13KB, 480x338px) Image search: [Google]
nervous brazillian.jpg
13KB, 480x338px
>>126924280
It was a slog desu, and I was reading the 1974 abridged version.
>>
Anyone read volumes 1, 2 and 3?
>>
File: bernie 2016.jpg (213KB, 960x582px) Image search: [Google]
bernie 2016.jpg
213KB, 960x582px
Currently reading the hardback edition which have notations that paperback doesn't have, the notations add a lot to it. It's not easy to get through but I've been going at it slow and steady to really digest it, seems to be helping.
>>
>>126925416
What does the cover look like?
>>
OP here, I'm more or less worried that the translation will have been done by some kike and i wont get the true message Alexander Solzhenitsyn was trying to get through. I just want the real, authentic version that's in English.
>>
>>126925650
blank as fuck, if it had a sleeve it's long gone now, I just got it from Amazon for like $20 and it's from an old bookstore. Still good quality though
>>
File: IMG_1466.jpg (186KB, 650x630px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1466.jpg
186KB, 650x630px
It is a great read and has a Vonnegut style dark humor to it.
>>
File: 20170513_131939.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170513_131939.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
I'm reading the free version off archive.org has notations and works fine with my tablet. Not exactly an easy read...it's not difficult to understand, but I find the author to be rather long winded and occasionally repetitive. Is worth it though I've found it very enlightening so far.

Picture unrelated just some fish I caught.
>>
>>126926675
what copy do you own?
>>
>>126927019
Found a PDF of the three volumes online.
>>
>>126924726
I have both, I find Gulag Archipelago is harder to read because you get a better picture of the sheer magnitude of casual bureaucratic evil that happened during those years. I was honestly only able read it in short chunks before I started literally shaking but it's a book that needs to be read if you truly wish to recognize and fight evil.
>>
I read vol 1 and half of vol 2. Very eye opening re what people are capable of. Recommended.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.