[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Soldiers without borders

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 5597898-7382533894-big_b.jpg (65KB, 340x435px) Image search: [Google]
5597898-7382533894-big_b.jpg
65KB, 340x435px
/pol/ I have a question. After having watched the whole metal gear saga in chronological order, I was wondering, is there a name or existing philosophy for the idea of people leaving the nations and creating their own hidden society hidden from the rest of the world, to not be influenced from globalization, the same way big boss created soldiers without borders and later diamond dogs and outer heaven? Is there any literature written about this? Would it be an ancap or natsoc society ideally? How would you go on doing this without becoming a North-Korea? Was this what Hitler was attempting to do and the the world jews both in America and the Soviet stopped this?
>>
>watched
>>
>>126910661
Modern Japanese men shouldn't be taken even remotely seriously about matters of war.
>>
>>126910661
>watched
I hope this is a jab about cutscene length and not an admission that you fuckin watched let's plays instead of playing
>>
>>126910661
lol just join a PMC
>>
>>126910661

> what are mercenaries
>>
>>126910661
It's called being a kike
>>
>>126911030
>>126911240
I stopped playing video games years ago, but I still like video game stories so from time to time I watch them, and I don't mean walkthoughs or even lets play's, but people edit all the cutscenes and put it on youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-K977NxGhyU
>>
>>126911544
>inb4 100 replies
>>
>>126911544
The problem with that is much of the story in Metal Gear is told through the gameplay. By omitting all gameplay segments you've never stepped into the shoes of Big Boss, Solid Snake, or Raiden, and thus much of the experience is lost on you.

Yes you'll be able to watch some of the story but literally the entire point behind at least half of these games is for the player to grow in skill and experience as the character develops, even to the point of making the player feel guilty about enjoying killing. MGS2 in particular is totally neutered by not experiencing the game rip Raiden as a character away from the player and have him form his own agency as an individual, which is the best part in the entire series.

See this http://www.deltaheadtranslation.com/MGS2/DOTM_TOC.htm

and try again anon.
>>
>>126910661
Fight Club
>>
>>126912480
see the link I posted of the video, what do you think? I have played mgs when I was younger on ps1, and as far as I can tell they did put some of the necessary gameplay in it that is critical to the story. But its true that playing through the thing yourself is a better experience, but I don't have a console anymore and I don't have the time for it too
>>
>>126911544
>12 hours

what the fuck is that garbage. mgs4 alone is 7 hours of cutscenes, whoever made that shitty video is a nigger who cut out half of the story
>>
>>126911544

ayy
>>
>>126913097
I played myself huh
>>
>>126910661
It's called mercenaries dumbass>>126910661
>>
File: 14VampOcelot[1].jpg (320KB, 1199x1757px) Image search: [Google]
14VampOcelot[1].jpg
320KB, 1199x1757px
>>126912987
>>126913097
This. I skimmed through it and you're missing a TON of content. Sorry to say anon you simply did not experience Metal Gear Solid.
>>
>>126913358
you stupid bitch reread the post

if you watch ONLY the CUTSCENES from every single game, youd probably be above 20 hours
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.