[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do Christians deal with the existence of dinosaurs found

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 351
Thread images: 61

How do Christians deal with the existence of dinosaurs found in rocks dated to be millions of years old? How do they deal with the fact that there's no mention of them in the Bible?
>>
>>126445260
Clearly the devil buried (((fossils))) to trick people away from the path of Christ!
>Note: This is what Christcucks ACTUALLY believe
>>
Fossils are mentioned in Genesis. Try reading the book if you wanna know what it says.
>>
>>126445260
>not knowing anything about christianism
>trying to do a joke

How to be a libtard.
Talking always of thing that you don't know and believing to be smart.
>>
>>126445716
Post proof
>>
>>126445716
>Fossils are mentioned in Genesis.
Good lord, sounds like you need to actually read the bible instead of reading paraphrased verses on the internet.
>>
>>126445260
There's no mention of McChicken sandwiches in the bible either

Checkmate atheists
>>
File: trex.jpg (1MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
trex.jpg
1MB, 2592x1944px
>>126445260
ITT: Disprove god with one image.
>>
>>126445260
The phrasing in the Bible implies that God created animals before humans. The Bible was also written way after the time of dinosaurs. The people writing it probably didn't even know about dinosaurs. Why should the Bible have them in it?
>>
File: 1490716542535.jpg (42KB, 506x667px) Image search: [Google]
1490716542535.jpg
42KB, 506x667px
>>126445260
>implying that you must take everything literally from the Bible
>Not understanding that Christianity is one of the best systems of morality and philosophy ever created
>Not inderstanding that it is possible to practice Christianity's values without believing in God

Thank God amoral atheists will be wiped out in this century
>>
>>126445260

Why do Americans think that the only thing there is to Christianity is the Bible?
Protestantism and its ridicolous "sola scriptura"-emphasis isnt shared by Catholics and Orthodox.
The Bible is not a science book.
Do you read Plato and go like: "He doesnt mention cars and the effect they have on society. This book is bullshit."
>>
>>126445260
All memes aside, they try to discredit carbon dating.
>>
>>126445260
The Bible is the story of humankind and God in the preparation for the coming of the Messiah, and of the end.

Neanderthals, dinosaurs, aliens etc are literally irrelevant to our personal story in the Bible. That does NOT mean that they don't exist.
>>
God didn't make the world for man, She remade the world for man. All the earlier life She wiped out. There is plenty of evidence for this buried all over the planet.
>>
You've never read the Bible. Dinosaurs are mentioned a few times. Bohemoth, crocs, Leviathan.

Dead atheist should not comment on the Bible. How can you? .

Your comment proves you've never read the Bible.

SO shut up and prepare your heart for The Tribulation or call on the name of Jesus before man and be Baptized. It's your only path.
>>
>>126445260
>rocks dated to be millions of years old
You cant date rocks with any degree of certainty. It's all vanity and circlejerking.
>Behold now behemoth, which I made with thee; he eateth grass as an ox. Lo now, his strength is in his loins, and his force is in the navel of his belly. He moveth his tail like a cedar: the sinews of his stones are wrapped together. His bones are as strong pieces of brass; his bones are like bars of iron. He is the chief of the ways of God: he that made him can make his sword to approach unto him. Surely the mountains bring him forth food, where all the beasts of the field play. He lieth under the shady trees, in the covert of the reed, and fens. The shady trees cover him with their shadow; the willows of the brook compass him about. Behold, he drinketh up a river, and hasteth not: he trusteth that he can draw up Jordan into his mouth. He taketh it with his eyes: his nose pierceth through snares.

Job 40
>>
>>126447216
You don't think we can date rocks accurately? You rusing me bro or are you actually retarded?
>>
File: 1495227983756.jpg (39KB, 608x416px) Image search: [Google]
1495227983756.jpg
39KB, 608x416px
>>126445260
It's possible to believe dinosaurs existed AND jesus was right about letting shit go for the sake of peace.
>>
>>126446965
Carbon dating can only track back 50,000 years, they use other methods for dinosaurs
>>
File: great_tribulation.jpg (33KB, 432x288px) Image search: [Google]
great_tribulation.jpg
33KB, 432x288px
>>126447057
>prepare your heart for The Tribulation
>>
>>126447216
>You cant date rocks with any degree of certainty
You definitely can and you would know that if you studied chemistry or physics. I sure hope you aren't a young earth creationist. Don't make us Christians look like total retards
>>
>>126445260
[1/2]
>Canst thou draw out leviathan with an hook? or his tongue with a cord which thou lettest down? Canst thou put an hook into his nose? or bore his jaw through with a thorn? Will he make many supplications unto thee? will he speak soft words unto thee Will he make a covenant with thee? wilt thou take him for a servant for ever? Wilt thou play with him as with a bird? or wilt thou bind him for thy maidens? Shall the companions make a banquet of him? shall they part him among the merchants? Canst thou fill his skin with barbed irons? or his head with fish spears? Lay thine hand upon him, remember the battle, do no more. Behold, the hope of him is in vain: shall not one be cast down even at the sight of him? None is so fierce that dare stir him up: who then is able to stand before me? Who hath prevented me, that I should repay him? whatsoever is under the whole heaven is mine. I will not conceal his parts, nor his power, nor his comely proportion. Who can discover the face of his garment? or who can come to him with his double bridle? Who can open the doors of his face? his teeth are terrible round about. His scales are his pride, shut up together as with a close seal. One is so near to another, that no air can come between them. They are joined one to another, they stick together, that they cannot be sundered. By his neesings a light doth shine, and his eyes are like the eyelids of the morning. Out of his mouth go burning lamps, and sparks of fire leap out. Out of his nostrils goeth smoke, as out of a seething pot or caldron.
>>
>>126445260
it's too cute !
>>
>>126447686
[2/2]
>His breath kindleth coals, and a flame goeth out of his mouth. In his neck remaineth strength, and sorrow is turned into joy before him. The flakes of his flesh are joined together: they are firm in themselves; they cannot be moved. His heart is as firm as a stone; yea, as hard as a piece of the nether millstone. When he raiseth up himself, the mighty are afraid: by reason of breakings they purify themselves. The sword of him that layeth at him cannot hold: the spear, the dart, nor the habergeon. He esteemeth iron as straw, and brass as rotten wood. The arrow cannot make him flee: slingstones are turned with him into stubble. Darts are counted as stubble: he laugheth at the shaking of a spear. Sharp stones are under him: he spreadeth sharp pointed things upon the mire. He maketh the deep to boil like a pot: he maketh the sea like a pot of ointment. He maketh a path to shine after him; one would think the deep to be hoary. Upon earth there is not his like, who is made without fear. He beholdeth all high things: he is a king over all the children of pride.
>>
>>126445260
Ever heard of the small but interesting Idea of the Religious Evolutionist? The 7 days of god is an analogy for the big bang up till the point of earths creation.
>>
>>126445716
they're not you retard
>>
>>126447686
>>126447732
>someone actually wrote all this shit

lmao
>>
>>126447790
It's called the Theistic Evolution Theory you retard.
>>
>>126447370
Prove it.
>protip: you cant
>>126447673
Catholics aren't Christians.
People who deny the word of God aren't Christians.

The big bang is Jewish fables.
>>
>>126447216
You actually can date rocks with a good degree of certainty. Not an exact date but a great approximation. You shouldn't shit talk what you obviously don't know.
>>
>>126448003
Fuck of Shariablue.
>>
>>126447216

This may surprise you but fossils existed before modern science and were probably easier to find. Dragon myths were based on ancient fossils
>>
>>126448003
You want me to run you through radiometric dating and a couple years of a geology undergrad? Do you know what strata is? How basic do I need to go here man
>>
>>126445979
Something something metaphors, nothing means what it actually says, every word is actually an entire story that tells you why my world view is correct.
>>
>>126448016
Kent Hovind BTFO all you (((evolution))) fags.

Go be a good goy on reddit with your donald buddies.
https://youtu.be/szBTl3S24MY

Evolution BTFO.
https://youtu.be/vw-6ToEcirE

You have all been brainwashed at the liberal reeducation camps known as public school.

Stop watching Star Trek and Hollywood trash, goys.
>>
>>126447216

so, your description of Behemoth doesn't correspond with any dinosaurs

also, religion is based on faith; you don't need to reconcile religious doctrine with science, so i don't see your point in attempting to do so
>>
>>126445260
Christcucks for the nth time are always been proven wrong in matters of spirituality and science. Too much pig blood has clotted their oxygen deprived brains causing them to have difficulties in logical and critical thinking.

Only the Koran holds the one true path to enlightenment.
>>
File: pepecl.png (7KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
pepecl.png
7KB, 420x420px
>>126445260
Were you there?
>>
>>126445260
The Devil created Fossils to fool Men.
>>
>>126447986
>>126447790

Are you two talking about this, It's actually a bit interesting to read.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theistic_evolution
>>
>>126445260
after the whole global warming ordeal i am much more at ease with unironically questioning the authenticity of dinosaur fossils. all you need is a few people in the right places and very limited access. and this was back in the day when a scientists word was dogma
>>
>>126448003
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbon-14

good luck gramps
>>
File: macron_victory.jpg (22KB, 633x357px) Image search: [Google]
macron_victory.jpg
22KB, 633x357px
itt people too ignorant to understand the reason behind the bible and "god" and think it's bullshit when they don't even have a basic understanding of it themselves.
Sort yourself out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-wWBGo6a2w

God is the foundation upon which society is formed.
>>
>>126448210
All of it is conjecture and absolutely cannot be proven.
It takes more faith than Christianity, because there is more evidence for Jesus Christ being the Son of God than their is for (((evolution))).

The reddit newfag invasion is unbearable, fuck off, pol is a Christian board. :^)
>>
>>126445493
Nonsense I've also heard some people suggest that dinosaurs lived in the Garden of Eden and died out sometime before, during, or just after the great flood. They generally don't understand the difference between fossils and bones.
>>
File: longlist_ (2377).jpg (98KB, 800x1172px) Image search: [Google]
longlist_ (2377).jpg
98KB, 800x1172px
>>126448470

islam a mudslime backwards religion and the koran is piece of shit

if you love islam so much why dont you fuck off to your koran based messaging boards
>>
>>126448708
show physical proof

>inb4 thats not how it works
>>
>>126446725
>>Not understanding that Christianity is one of the best systems of morality and philosophy ever created
why not create a new system, exactly like Christianity, but remove all the stupid stuff in the bible that everyone makes fun of
>>
>>126448708
>It takes more faith than Christianity, because there is more evidence for Jesus Christ being the Son of God than their is for (((evolution))).

Your mental gymnastics is a gold mine for me please continue
>>
>>126448470
>Koran
LoL, literally illiterate pervert tier book.
If anyone reads thr Quran and the Bible and comes to any other conclusion besides Islam being apostate Christianity mixed with Babylonian kike mysticism is a blithering 3rd world idiot.
>>
If you're catholic or orthodox you don't care because both recognize that evolution could be how god formed man and that god's timescale is incomprehensible to humans so all sense of time in genesis are more metaphorical than literal.

If you aren't catholic or orthodox you're both retarded and wrong so it doesn't matter that you feel flawed humans are capable of giving exact time estimations on god's works.
>>
>>126445719
You don't live in America. American Evangelicals are dangerously stupid, they take the word of the bible literally and then use pseudoscience to justify their beliefs.
>>
>>126448708
Where is there evidence other than you being TOLD?
>>
File: longlist_ (2049).jpg (179KB, 1080x1350px) Image search: [Google]
longlist_ (2049).jpg
179KB, 1080x1350px
>>126448708

radiometric dating is not conjecture, but since you never went to college for science and math, i can understand why you wouldn't comprehend technical material that requires logical thinking

b.t.w. schizophrenic, (((christianity))) was started by a (((jew)))

dumbasses on here
>>
>>126448708
There's more evidence showing Jesus was a married jew who was the son of a lying and cheating mother than there is showing the opposite.
>>
>>126448845
>>126448851

literally this
>>
File: origen.jpg (2MB, 1452x1723px) Image search: [Google]
origen.jpg
2MB, 1452x1723px
By actually knowing traditional Biblical exegesis and not being a latter day sola scriptura literalist retard.
>For who that has understanding will suppose that the first, and second, and third day, and the evening and the morning, existed without a sun, and moon, and stars? And that the first day was, as it were, also without a sky? And who is so foolish as to suppose that God, after the manner of a husbandman, planted a paradise in Eden, towards the east, and placed in it a tree of life, visible and palpable, so that one tasting of the fruit by the bodily teeth obtained life? And again, that one was a partaker of good and evil by masticating what was taken from the tree? And if God is said to walk in the paradise in the evening, and Adam to hide himself under a tree, I do not suppose that anyone doubts that these things figuratively indicate certain mysteries, the history having taken place in appearance, and not literally.
>>
>>126448611
Carbon dating has been off by tens of thousands of years from samples dated from the same specimen.

It's a crock of shit devised by kikes.

Seriously, youre too new for pol goy.
>>
File: edgy.jpg (28KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
edgy.jpg
28KB, 625x626px
>>126445260
OP is baiting and trying to lure all low-level atheist fags. Once they gather, OP is going to drop the new Jordan Peterson's series of lectures about the Bible on them and hopefully, some of them will go and clean their room.

Good one, OP. Keep up the good work making those ignorant """"""atheist"""""" sheep teenagers more educated.
>>
>>126445923

Looking for it now. Guess i'm reading genesis again...
>>
>>126445716
Not at all, I've read the fucker
>>
File: Yamón, Utcabamba, Perú.jpg (72KB, 461x701px) Image search: [Google]
Yamón, Utcabamba, Perú.jpg
72KB, 461x701px
>>126445260
>Implying they're that old
>>
>>126445260

Why are there no white people in the Bible? Besides Greeks and Romans which are portrayed as the bad guys.
>>
Implying that human knows how an omnipotent, omnipresent, omniscient who transcends time and space views a day. What is a day to a being that always has been? 1,000 years? 10,000 years, 1,000,000 years? What if the "Big Bang" was just the natural occurrence of God doing what he said, speaking the world, galaxy, universe into existence? Perhaps you should actually read for understanding, not nitpicking the Bible and other religious texts.
>>
>>126449237
da joose
>>
>>126449086
And the kike reveals himself.
Funny that is exactly what the kike Talmud says.

The (((science))) fedora shills are ALWAYS fucking kikes. It never fails.
>>
>>126446725
>Not understanding that Christianity is one of the best systems of morality and philosophy ever created
I think you mean pussified.
>Do not resist evil
>If a man slaps you turn the other cheek
>If anyone wants to sue you take off your shirt and give them your coat too
>Lets forgive loose women this can't have a dangerous impact on society
>>
>>126445260
That's a dragon. St George killed one.
>>
>>126447042

>she

Just get the fuck out.
>>
The old earth < genesis > the new Earth
>>
>Old Testament written several thousand years ago
SEE THEY DIDNT KNOW ABOUT DINOSAURS RETARDED CHRIST KEKS B T F O
>>
>>126448845
>why not create a new system, exactly like Christianity, but remove all the stupid stuff in the bible that everyone makes fun of

>What is the law?
Problem is human beings can't really remember the entire text of the law, so a slightly more simplistic and more human relatable stories is much more effective.
There is a reason the bible, a 2000 year old book is still considered a fantastic work.
>>
>>126446725
>Le I can choose what is literal and what is not from the bible

>Le im gonna take that there is a god literally but Im not gonna take that he made the earth in 7 days because Im a flip flopping cuck and others will think im retarded or delusional
>>
File: .png (48KB, 181x136px) Image search: [Google]
.png
48KB, 181x136px
>>126449212
>how can unga bungas even compete
>autistic grunting
Holy shit, shitposting has been around forever.
>>
>>126445260
It is not mentioned in the bible because (((they))) didn't wanted the goyim to know that Satan was actually the one that made the earth and everything. Why do you think he is called the god of this world? When he fucked up and got kicked out the other parts of the holy trinity erased or disneyfied most of his work, in order for humans to exist
>>
File: 1494649368425.jpg (36KB, 400x533px) Image search: [Google]
1494649368425.jpg
36KB, 400x533px
>>126449237
Not all of them are bad guys. An unnamed Roman Centurion had lots of faith in Christ iirc. Also, the Pharisaic and Saducaic Jews were literally thrown TFO of a temple by Christ.
>>
>>126445260
>implying the bible is an accurate account of chronology
>has to be creationism or evolution
>why not both?

Nothing about evolution is counter to creationism. Just stupid nigger christians get butthurt about it for some reason.
>>
>>126446725
>>Not inderstanding that it is possible to practice Christianity's values without believing in God
If you believe in some objective moral standard, then you de facto believe in God.
>>
>>126449264
Jews are /pol/s version of the patriarchy.

I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY OF MY FAILINGS!
IT'S NOT WHITE PEOPLES' FAULT FOR DESTROYING THEIR OWN SHIT!
ITS ALL THE JEWS! COULDN'T BE ANYTHING BUT THAT!
>>
File: reckless faggotry.jpg (11KB, 261x168px) Image search: [Google]
reckless faggotry.jpg
11KB, 261x168px
>>126445260
How do you deal with the fact that your culture, your laws, your morals and your traditions are based on Christianity? How do you deal with the fact that your idea of good and wrong are based on Christianity? How do you deal with the fact that it was the Catholic church that lead Europe to become the seat of all culture and civilization?

Why must Atheists be so obnoxious nowadays? Nobody fucking cares that you can find inconsistencies in a 2000 year old book. People back then didn't have the information we do now. They did have a great understanding about how to live a good life though. Something we obviously have totally forgotten.
>>
>>126445260
Christian theories I've heard about so far:

1: God shrunk the dinosaurs so they would all fit on the ark.

2: God put the fosils in the ground to test the faith of his folowers

3: Dinosaurs never existed, they are a fabrication of "scientists", because "how can a rock evolve into a banana... ?

Yes that last one has me puzzled too. These people.... everybody knows dinosaurs are space lizards from the planet bubloplex-33K
>>
File: 1406776610512.jpg (67KB, 906x768px) Image search: [Google]
1406776610512.jpg
67KB, 906x768px
>>126449295
Trying to comprehend the actions of historical figures taken out of historical and cultural context...
>>
>>126449295

>Do not resist evil

lol

>If a man slaps you turn the other cheek

You seriously misunderstand this verse

>>Lets forgive loose women this can't have a dangerous impact on society

Where the fuck does it say that?
>>
>>126449429
Nobody remembers most stories from the bible anyway. Besides there is a difference between a moral code and laws. A moral code could say that adulterers are the worst kind of people but the law has no punishment for adultery.
>>
>>126447042
God is a He or an It; Nature is a She. This is fucking important symbolic shit here, kiddo.
>>
>>126449039
The media tell you that?
>>
>>126445260
They literally think it's a test of faith put in place by God. Or a trick by the devil to fool you. But to each their own I guess.
>>
File: longlist_ (3574).jpg (300KB, 1280x1881px) Image search: [Google]
longlist_ (3574).jpg
300KB, 1280x1881px
>>126449126

if it is "off by tens of thousands of years" due to anomalies in sampling, it still remains relatively accurate when the time interval being estimated is on the scale of hundreds of millions of years

did you take any statistics courses in school, or did you even graduate from high school?

>crock of shit devised by kikes
>hurrr i couldnt understand the coursework so it must be the jews making me feel stupid

dumbass -- fuck off to your schizo bunker and keep feeding off state assistance that people who can get shit done support you through, you housebound ubermensch
>>
>>126449624
>greeks, romans, chinese, persians, indians and nords were chrisitians good goyim!
>>
They've never found a full dinosaur. They find random pieces and try to extrapolate the rest. Scientists have faked fossils since the beginning. If you go to any dinosaur museum, what you see is not the dinosaur bones but a replica. Before Noah, lizards lived hundreds and thousands of years and were able to grow large.
>>
>>126449641
You're a retard. Bible does not refer dinosaurs because they don't matter. At all. It's a book about archetypical stories of heroism, morals and ethics. It's supposed to help you live a good life. It's supposed to serve as a good foundation for your laws and your culture. It' supposed to give you motivation to live, reproduce and combat nihilism. Now, how the fuck do dinosaurs have any relevance to this? They don't. Stop criticizing things you know nothing about. Read Nietzsche if you want some actually intelligent arguments.
>>
>>126449734
infact you can see why marriage in the current world is a pointless institution which exists only as a status symbol not for the stability of society.
>>
>>126445260
Im not religiois, but can someome explain something to me?
>animal dies
>rock's and minerals take shapr of bones "fossilized"
>date the rocks and not the bones
>thats how old the dinosaurs are and not the rocks???

Someone help.
>>
>>126449695
>lol
Are you suggesting that is good?

>You seriously misunderstand this verse
It is preceded by "do not resist evil" and followed by "If anyone wants to sue you take off your shirt and give them your coat too." It is pretty clearly telling you not to fight back or resist people who want to harm you.

>Where the fuck does it say that?
The story of Mary Magdalene.

Give me some good parts of Christian morality that aren't common in non-Christian societies.
>>
>>126445260
Christians on Dinosaurs- Think they lived on earth millions of years ago except for the few who claim they were here thousands of years ago

Jews on Dinos- Oy Vey goy the asteroid impact and extinction reminded me of my grandfather's time in the Shoah.

Muslims on dinosaurs- Breaking News: Suicide bombing at the national museum perpetrator reportedly shouted Allah Akbar during the attack. Motives are unknown at this time #NotAllMuslims
>>
Was the story of virgin birth just a metaphorical cuckolding story? God was the first Bull and Joseph was the first cuckold and Mary was the first cuckstress
>>
>>126448003
The Word of God is the Eternal Logos, the Bible is just a book. You worship a book like an idol. You probably use the Bible to try and divine the future, too, like a sorcerer.
>>
God took 7 days to create the universe, but what is a day to God? For him a day could be a few seconds for us, or millions of years.
>>
>>126445493
I've heard this one about 80 times in my lfe

>>126446965
I've heard this one once

It tells you a lot about religionfags
>>
>>126449930
Hi there triggered christian. I never mentioned the bible by the way. I wouldn't dare touch your precious fairytale book.
>>
>>126445260
Why doesn't the God Delusion discuss the existence of Duct Tape? Czechmate Athiestsisisisis
>>
File: Dank_aa9c21_6204510.jpg (66KB, 447x611px) Image search: [Google]
Dank_aa9c21_6204510.jpg
66KB, 447x611px
>>126449695
>>Lets forgive loose women this can't have a dangerous impact on society

Where the fuck does it say that?

Right? In fact did not Jesus tell her to go forth and sin no more? Without forgiveness of the sin then the person is doomed to an eternity in hell.
Go forth and sin no more...
>>
>>126445260
All dating methods are junk. You can't date rocks regardless of what they say.

Also this "dinosaur" looks like a classic medieval depiction of a dragon. Is this just a (((cohencidence)))?
>>
File: 1474395091705.png (398KB, 448x478px) Image search: [Google]
1474395091705.png
398KB, 448x478px
My mother is a bible thumper if there ever was one and her favorite go-to when it comes to evolution, prehistoric eras, extinction events, or anything else along those lines is "it's not in the bible because it's not important."
>mfw
She's a real treat at Christmas and Easter time.
>>
File: 1493434583191.jpg (13KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1493434583191.jpg
13KB, 225x225px
>>126445260
How do atheists deal with being fedoras? Knowing everyone looks at them and laughs
>>
>>126445260
"For to God a day is like a thousand years."

>like

He was just really bad at estimating how long a day is in Gods eyes.
>>
>>126449429

The Iliad and Odyssey are older, more complex and written in poetry.
>>
>>126449844
>>greeks, romans, chinese, persians, indians and nords were chrisitians good goyim!
Kill yourself, retard. Most of those were indeed Christians, but of the earlier kind. The archetypical stories are exactly the same for them. Creation myths, hero stories, morals etc. It's so easy to criticize Christianity when you have absolutely no idea about the impact it has had on us, our history and our morals. It's so easy to criticize it when you have no idea about the context of its stories and the sources of those stories. Bible is just one instance of 200 000 years of stories and myths condensed into a single book through ridiculous amounts of evolution.
>>
>>126449871
Why the fuck would they hang the actual bones of an ancient creature by wires and shit in a museum? Did you think those fake Eskimos in museums are real too? They can estimate the sizes based on other bones. There was one dinosaur (Sue) who was 90% complete. Fuck you.
>>
File: thedeadzone-3-640x429.jpg (47KB, 640x429px) Image search: [Google]
thedeadzone-3-640x429.jpg
47KB, 640x429px
>>126449734
People maybe don't remember the stories word for word, but they will most likely remember the lesson subconsciously.

And this is why the bible is superior to the law in many aspects it's more conducive to a well functioning society than the law is because the law can't punish people for bad morals if they are not violent somehow.

Also try to think of god as consciousness, not a ethereal being,
>>
>>126445260

Dinosaurs were put there by the devil, dipshit.
>>
>>126448470
>Christcucks for the nth time are always been proven wrong in matters of spirituality and science.
Yeah, like that time atheistic secular humanist totally BTFO out of Mendel and heredity by proving the settled science that all people are magically equal and the same. Or the time atheists totally humiliated that Catholic priest who came up with that laughable Big Bang theory, as if something can come from nothing, ridiculous!
>>
>>126449641
No adult Christian with any brain believes in the Bible verbatim. Of course some things will be inaccurate, people several thousand years ago will not know everything we know about today. I guarantee 99% of those people who have those ideas are retarded American Christians who are members of an irrelevant church.
>>
>>126449520
you imbeciles using (((this))) to defend christianity when the founder of (((christianity))) was a (((jew)))

its just amazing how mental illness has no ultimate logical basis, and leads to you assholes working in the janitorial role or being cloistered in your mothers' basement reciting soothing messages that blame others for your retardation
>>
>>126445260
Did the bible mention that you would exist some day or anything that would ever occur in our lives? Trump getting elected? Before that Obama? How about Hitler? No?
Must be shit then.
>>
>>126450099
I'm an atheist. I'm triggered by the sheer stupidity of my fellow atheist, such as yourself. I have a severe superiority complex, so talking to the retards like you is really bad for me. You're just so far beneath me in knowledge of history, religion, psychology and human nature that it's ridiculous that we'ere even of the same species.
>>
>>126449777
No, I listen to Christian radio and have seen some people making jokes over clips from Christian movies. Among the gems I have heard.
>The dinosaurs lived in the garden of Eden
>The oceans were formed during the great flood over a few months
>Bumblebees shouldn't be able to fly ergo they didn't evolve
>Israel is our greatest ally and we must do everything to protect them
If you want sources the main programs I watch are Christiano film group movies, King of Kings Radio, and Moody Radio since I have to commute a lot and I find anger and comedy keep me awake better than music.
>>
File: 1494407972429.jpg (818KB, 2310x2170px) Image search: [Google]
1494407972429.jpg
818KB, 2310x2170px
>>126449086
Talmudist detected, oy vey! Don't you have a 2 year old to rape?
>>
>>126449981
Rocks form in and around the bones. So they date those rocks because they were CREATED around the same time the dinosaur died. The rocks didnt simply fall in the cracks. This is all iirc
>>
>>126445716
>(((Genesis)))
Protestantism was a mistake. There is nothing of value for any Christian to find in the jew testament. It's a collection of jewish fairytales and lies complete with incest, genocide and human sacrifice. Catholics don't give a shit about it except for the psalms. Stop being a messianic jew and tear these kike books out of your bible or you are objectivey not a real Christian and instead are a heretical kike. Might as well chop half your cock off, grow out your sidelocks, don a yarmulke and move to israel
>>
The only way to deal with delusional Christcucks is a good bashing to the head.
>>
>>126445260
Like any other people.
>>
>>126450297
What the fuck are talking about
>>
>>126445260
I am no atheist (also not a worshipper of desert religions) but Christians are undoubtably the shittiest, self righteous, people in the USA.
>>
>>126450228
Yes keep worshiping your god the ((scientients)) climate change is real too, right got? You're going to regret being so foolish when it's all said and done. Peace and love. Be wiser than a serpent and as peaceful as a dove.
>>
File: the-upanishads-10-638.jpg (163KB, 638x479px) Image search: [Google]
the-upanishads-10-638.jpg
163KB, 638x479px
>>126449429
The Upanishads are older and are better desu
>>
Daily reminder that Christianity is the biggest coping mechanism for unintelligent people who cannot fathom death, non existence, etc. That was created to control populations of goyim.

Also it's a complete kike worshipping desert talmud cult which belongs in the Middle East like all other abrahamic religions
>>
>>126450530
Except Jesus taught it.
>>
>>126450667
*you
>>
>>126450363
You must also be a psychic. In any case, you seem very triggered, and if you say you are an atheist, then I'm even more surprised. Good on ya mate, I like surprises.
>>
File: longlist_ (4981).jpg (721KB, 3184x2105px) Image search: [Google]
longlist_ (4981).jpg
721KB, 3184x2105px
>>126449930
dinosaurs in some cases have nearly identical spinal and limb bone structure -- comparing how one organism used and developed their physical structure with how humans do it can provide use with insight about how to improve human performance or treat diseases

they also turn the attention away from humans, who tend to get all self-involved into thinking their the chosen masters of all time and creation

and dinosaurs do matter; you yourself fear what you don't understand
>>
>>126450530
This isn't 100% true. The Old Testament is the basis and the foretelling/prophesying of the coming of Jesus. It laid out a litmus test basically so that if anyone claimed to be the Son of God there would be a way to verify.
>>
>>126445260
The bible is an allegorical text, not an encyclopedia.
>>
>>126450707
This. They are useful idiots for the Jews.
>>
>>126446676
why should the bible mention anything about how the world was created if it's, as you say, only meant to hold what the authors of the time knew?
>>
>>126450686
>climate change is real too, right got?
>You're going to regret being so foolish
Oh no we spent a few billion in a budget of several trillion improving our environment how terrible.
>>
>>126450777
Penicillin matters, why didn't you address that in your argument? Oh wait because even though it is important, penicillin has no bearing on your argument at all.
>>
>>126450707
How did the universe started it's existence? Don't give me the Big Dong bullshit.
>>
>>126449596
that's retarded. or good bait.
>>
>>126449467
>>Le I can choose what is literal and what is not from the bible
Yes, God granted us both reason and mystic intuition, His Word is written on the hearts and minds of all who accept Him and in the very fabric of reality itself, not contained only in a book that can only be interpreted by money-collecting clerics.
>>
>>126449467
>caring about the (((old))) testament
>at all
>>
>>126450492
The rocks were arpind before then though right, like the dirt and rocks compoundef into the shape but existed before that. The rocks arnt new? So they date the old rocks that relaced the bones? Its very confusing to me.
>>
>>126450686
Nigger you can believe whatever you want and I'd die to defend that right.
>>
File: longlist_ (2600).jpg (94KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
longlist_ (2600).jpg
94KB, 960x960px
>>126449981
stratification theory and rock synthesis; google it

the rocks we find dinosaurs embedded in now weren't rocks back then

take clay or silt and add some biomass and some minerals, and layer stuff over it, and layer more stuff over it, and then compress it at tremendous force, for millions of years
>>
>>126445716
I really don't remember reading about fossils in Genesis.
>>
File: 1493664879718.png (665KB, 887x530px) Image search: [Google]
1493664879718.png
665KB, 887x530px
>>126450707
Yes and no, controlling people to a certain degree is good though.
What do you think the world is going to be like without any control? You probably have a fairly unrealistic idea of what that is going to look like.
>>
>>126445260
Dinosaurs pre-dated the bible
>>
>>126451018
If the bible was 100% literal than interpretation would be easier than if parts of it were just stories to teach an unclear lesson or moral.
>>
>>126447042

Take your shekinah faggotry back to the temple schlomo
>>
>>126450118

did you get anything done at all in (((school)))?

do you live in a trailer park, ride a chopper, have tatts all over your neck, and watch NASCAR all day on your disability plan
>>
>>126450760
>, you seem very triggered, a
Because I am. This 'sceptic community' is a joke. A three year old can criticize the stories of bible based on their realism. A three year old can find inconsistencies, because it's notthe point of the book. The religion of Christianity gives us meaning, it stands as a barrier between us and the chaos of nihilism and meaninglessness. The value of Christianity is so immense that it's impossible to even measure. You yourself observe the morals it has taught us simply by living in a western society. The foundation of our deepest morals is based on the divinity of the individual.

Nietzsche said god is dead. It is probably true, but it is the biggest damn disaster that has ever struck the West. We're drowning in the blood of our dead god. That blood is the authoritarian states, social justice, equity, 'equality' and multiculturalism.
>>
if adam and even were the first two people on the planet, and they lived around 6000 years ago, how come there are so many different races of people now?
>>
>>126445260
the matter in your body is probably or should be as old as the matter in dino fossils. who gives a shit about dinosaurs then?

go suck more dinosaur dick you old ass dinosaur prostrator
>>
>>126445260
Dinosaurs weren't real, they're a good way explaining the massive bones from giant humans which actually existed
>>
>>126449467
>the bible was written by dozens of different people based on many different accounts, usually a lot of legends in the Old Testament as it was written by Jews that passed these stories down for over a hundred years, but no people are just selectively choosing what is taken to be real and what isn't arbitrarily. It isn't like there is factual evidence Jesus the historical figure existed.
>>
>>126450777
>dinosaurs in some cases have nearly identical spinal and limb bone structure -- comparing how one organism used and developed their physical structure with how humans do it can provide use with insight about how to improve human performance or treat diseases
Try to draw morals from their bones. Could it be that bible didn't try to explain evolution but something entirely else?
>>
>>126451175
But that clay and such was around long before the dinosaur died right? So how do we know we arnt just measuring thr clays age?

Sorry i am not smart, americlap education wasnt good to me.
>>
>>126450530
>There is nothing of value for any Christian to find in the jew testament
The books of the Prophets which are all about the Jews being faithless cunts who piss off God constantly and the Messiah prophecy stuff is kinda important from a narrative perspective.
>>
>>126451325
I feel sorry for you whatever happened to you has made you so angry. Look inside yourself to find God. Look beyond your illusory mind.
>>
lol, fucking atheists man, what a bunch of annoying fags
>>
>>126446676
>The phrasing in the Bible implies that God created animals before humans.
Sure, but that doesn't explain why these fossils are buried in 300 million year old rock and can be dated using radiometric dating to similar timescales.
>>
>>126450966

what's this thread about, nostradamus?
>>
>>126446965
This, they are even doing it in this thread. There are over 50 forms of radiological dating, then there are estimates based on rock layers and rock build up, then things like using tree rings to date an area. Like a fossilized tree will have the same patterns of thick and thin layers as other trees, but it occurred at different times. This can be used to track how far back a specific localized layer is.

The point is, in all cases, the methods of dating line up with each other, the ones that return random results are filtered out and not used. Anything with systematically different results would be a pretty big deal.

Christians just lie about it and deny it or they simply don't teach it. I know, I went to a private christian school. They are fucking idiots. Simply investigating most of their arguments at all disproves them.
>>
>>126450987
>>126450987
Idk and neither do Christians, even if they claim that they >feel that they do. I think that whatever higher power is at play, the point is that it doesn't want us to truly know the answer to some questions.

But the Bible is a man made book filled with falsehoods and contradictions

>>126451196
In some ways it did control people well. But a lot of it was not good control. But pagan Europeans did not live in complete anarchy either
>>
>>126445260
Satan (aka the Bad Creator) created them. What, did you think that God was the only creator? Who do you think created Him?
>>
>>126450994
It's true. Without a notion of God, there is no objective moral standard possible, there is only "subjective morality" which is arbitrary and can justify any behavior, it is no standard at all.
>>
>>126451599
>I feel sorry for you whatever happened to you has made you so angry.
Opposing opinions make everyone angry if the subject is important to them. I despise smugness, which is why I can't stand most atheists.

I doubt I'm going to find god inside me. The longer I'm alone, the more depressed and nihilistic I become. I might find god in other people, if anywhere.
>>
>>126445260
Most Christians probably understand that shit like genesis is allegorical or at least has some wiggle room in the description.

There are people who need that shit to be literal truth though. They think a sort of last thursdayism approach. Where that stuff was created by the devil or even god to temp your faith.

You cannot argue with these people. For them the requirement of genesis being literal truth is based off the need for a reason for evil being in the world. And a reason for bad things to happen. A couple who have a child of 8 dying from some terrible painful cancer and such. For them the truth of the bible is not something to reason out its something that is needed.

I think most people just assume the lines about god doing everything in 7 days is sort of a hand wave description . maybe Christians do not see evolution as a refutation of the bible for all we know that is how god made everything.

The thing about science is it doesn't answer the big questions that is why they are the big questions. It just moves them. In the end even if the big bang theory holds there is the question of what caused it and what is outside our space.

It reminds me of a child being afraid of the closet in the dark. The fear comes from not knowing what is being that sheet of shadow. Its only a foot deep but it could be infinity when you do not know.

There is a primal fear in us. And when you use science to explain all the things in the world you still have the unknown. You just move it.

That fear is where religion rules either given by god or created by us to fill the hole. Necessity is the mother of invention. I don't understand why people think science will ever refute religion.
>>
>>126446725
This.

Feels good to be a chosen one famalam
>>
>no mention of dinosaurs in Bible
Behold now behemoth, which I made with thee; he eateth grass as an ox. Lo now, his strength is in his loins, and his force is in the navel of his belly. He moveth his tail like a cedar: the sinews of his stones are wrapped together.

Christianity is still retarded though.
>>
>>126451892
Atheists believe they have superior moral character because they don't need an old wizard in the sky to tell them to be moral, they choose to. And it's engrained in their genetic code because it's an evolutionary benefit to be nice. Bunch of arrogant, egotistical, fools.
>>
>>126445716
>>126451192

Yeah I take it back. Seems i've confused passages from leviticus about beasts that dies of itself and stuff about beasts in genesis. Well I don't know what to think about fossils then. That doesn't move my faith tho.
>>
>>126452058
Genesis is about the birth of civilization and consciousness. It has nothing literal in it.
>>
>>126445716
Post proof if you think its symbolism I'm interested. I really want to know I've read that shit and don't remember.
>>
>>126451232
The word that can be written and spoken is not the True and Eternal Word, if you catch my drift. You can only try to explain truths and the ineffable through metaphors and allegories and parables and no matter how good you are at explaining, you'll still fall far short and be misunderstood. Such is the nature of temporal material existence as limited mortal beings.
>>
>>126451782
Have you even looked through the thread? Your argument was "Dinosaurs are important because they aided medicine." Luckily for the Christfags, the bible's goal is not to aid medicine. If I have to explain this to you like you are four, I brought up penicillin because although it is important your argument isn't trying to address it.
>>
File: longlist_ (2505).jpg (164KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
longlist_ (2505).jpg
164KB, 1000x1500px
>>126451575
radiodating would be measuring the fractions of compounds (carbon-12, carbon-14) that were in the clay, which are now in the rock;

it would be measuring the age of the clay, although its not clay anymore, but the carbon that was in the clay is still carbon, but with a lower fraction of carbon-14, after a few subatomic particles punted off due to radioactive decay
>>
>>126452187
>>126452221

Sry man I was mistaken.
>>
>>126452018
mediating is the path to spirituality. Start with the tibetan rinpoches for guidance. Then find your own way
>>
>>126449838
I'm not the religious fag with his head in the sand poster, but the wikipedia article, and another article I read about Carbon-14 dating says it can measure at most ~60,000 years back. But Potassium Argon Dating can go from 100,000 to billions of years.

Is there a method of Carbon dating that can go back tens, hundreds, or thousands of millions of years? To me it just looks like Potassium Argon Dating is capable of that due to the decay rate of Argon

>K decays with a half-life of 1.248×10^9 years to 40Ca and 40Ar.

So yeah just to be clear, it looks to me like "Radiometric dating" is a better description of the class of methods used to date fossils.
>>
File: image.jpg (182KB, 799x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
182KB, 799x1024px
>>126449257
This
>>
File: longlist_ (3327).jpg (143KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
longlist_ (3327).jpg
143KB, 640x640px
>>126451500
this is the solution to the question of the thread imo

there is no need for religion to explain the existence of dinosaurs
>>
>>126452453
* due to the decay rate of Potassium
>>
>>126445260

Evolution and Christianity go hand in hand.

Remember the fall of man? Where they eat the apple? Humans need to eat all the time, or we die. Why do we need to eat? Why does your car need maintenance? Why do your shoes eventually get worn out? Why is there no "free" energy?

Because of thermodynamics: entropy has to constantly increase.

Original sin = entropy. By eating the apple, man fell into a sinful material physical world of death and decay.

Evolution fits into this - because evolution is the process of "only the strong survive" in a sinful, physical world.
>>
>>126448003
Lol; heretic
>>
>>126445260
The same way every other religious group deals with them; by ignoring them or viewing their holy text in a non-literal way. Why are you picking on the christians instead of the Moslems
>>
>>126445260
The common explanation is that the dinosaur era was going on during the Garden of Eden story, and that it was actually millions of years before Eve was tempted.
Before eating the forbidden fruit and committing the first sin, humans were immortal.
>>
>>126451575
Clay is being formed RIGHT NOW. Like all matter and energy it's just being converted. Just like people. You date the shit around something and you get the general age of it. The best fossils come from sudden events like the eruption of a volcano.
>>
File: CsWH046WAAQP-ZR.jpg (15KB, 315x312px) Image search: [Google]
CsWH046WAAQP-ZR.jpg
15KB, 315x312px
>>126445260
better question:
>How do Christians deal with the existence of extraterrestrials found on rocks measured to be thousands of lightyears away? How do they deal with the fact that there's no mention of them in the Bible?
>>
humans are weak shit if they can't even figure this human filth out

my atheism can see that god is a slave to humanity and much more than that. bitch needs to go work the fields just to keep us alive
>>
Dinossaurs ARE the monsters/beasts described in bible, though in ancient times there were many more of them which later were subjugated and reduced to what we call "wild animals".

Daily reminder that modern science/history is a joke and aryan mankind is also millions, if not billions, of years old.
>>
>>126451175
UFO IN DUH SKY
>>
>God chose the simple things to confound the wise

itt: people who dont believe in god because rocks
>>
>>126452747
>No mention of ET's

>What are the Dead Sea Scrolls

>What is the Nag Hammadi
>>
>>126445260
>How do they deal with the fact that there's no mention of them in the Bible?
The bible mentions unknown massive animals such as Behemoths and Leviathans.
>How do Christians deal with the existence of dinosaurs found in rocks dated to be millions of years old?
"Science is wrong" for the most part. They object to the accuracy of dating the rocks in question.
>>126445493
>Clearly the devil buried (((fossils))) to trick people away from the path of Christ!
This is a strawman, for the most part. It's more commonly believed that the devil is behind the idea that fossils disprove genesis and creation, but the fossils themselves aren't a deception.
>>
File: images (3).jpg (7KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
images (3).jpg
7KB, 300x168px
I can respect orthodox, somewhat respect the old catholic church. (john paul!)

But if you're a southern baptist, Pentecostal, evangelist, or any other bizarre fringe sect that speaks in tongue and literally believes the whale story etc, you should neck yourself.
>>
File: rev2-9-kjv.jpg (359KB, 800x471px) Image search: [Google]
rev2-9-kjv.jpg
359KB, 800x471px
Revelation 2:9 (KJV)

"And I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan."
>>
>>126452924
The literal interpretation gives meaning to the stupid, the allegorical interpretation gives meaning to the smart. No need for anyone to neck themselves, as long as everyone acts like a good human.
>>
>>126450874
because people need a story to explain why they exist
>>
>>126452187
>Yea the book I believe to contain God's spoken word written down is wrong in some places, doesn't shake me though.

Go on...
>>
>>126446725
Is that Ancient Sam Hyde?
>>
>>126452937
The fact the Trump aligns himself with the satanic synagogue and that he claims to have never asked for God's forgiveness because "Ive lived my life, pretty much right," should send alarm bells to everyone.
>>
>>126452901
nag hammadi has nothing to do with the Bible

dead sea scrolls are forgeries made by kikes who went mad from societal seclusion

try again, christ cuck
>>
>>126453108

This. There is an Esoteric and esoteric side to every religion. Both are essential, both are superior to atheists and materialists.
>>
>>126446676
Well don't say fucking "Christian" then, faggot, the problem is low-church Protestant retards
>>
>>126446725
>>Not understanding that Christianity is one of the best systems of morality and philosophy ever created
It changes like every fucking decade. Which version is best?
>>
>>126446725
>Retards, you can't take everything from the Bible literally
>I know exactly which parts of the Bible are "correct" trust me

You will never get two Christians to entirely agree on which parts of the Bible are correct
>>
>>126452937
So, was I right the enitre time? The bible was written milleniums of years before than people thought it was, and the original jews were hyperboreans who revolted against Saturn by praising Jupiter (the God of the Old testament, the Father) and later got decimated by Lucifer and his hordes (actual jews)?
>>
File: 1482336801679.jpg (521KB, 1362x779px) Image search: [Google]
1482336801679.jpg
521KB, 1362x779px
>>126446725
>Christianity is one of the best systems of morality and philosophy ever created

pic related.

you have been cucked you dumb subhuman lmfao
>>
>not politics
>>
>>126445260
Idk, we deal with it by thinking literalists are stupid.
>>
this thread rules shit alive
>>
File: vikernes-arrest.jpg (1MB, 1872x1096px) Image search: [Google]
vikernes-arrest.jpg
1MB, 1872x1096px
>mfw Christcucks and Cathocucks actually believe that Christianity helped Europe and that Europe would have been worse off with pagans
>>
File: IMG_2790.jpg (135KB, 700x389px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2790.jpg
135KB, 700x389px
>>126446135
Ok.
>>
>>126453589
Altruism is a s slave morality when applied to all humans, but it's a great force of good when applied to your family, kin and tribesmen. You wouldn't want to live with someone who didn't obey the golden rule. Prorblems arise only when we apply our good morals and expectations onto the subhumans of Africa.
>>
>>126453748
Actually, nordics bending over to people from the far east seems to be the norm there.
You're stupid if you can't see a patern, Saturn's dicksucker.
>>
>>126445260
How do atheists believe in evolution but also believe all races are equal?
>>
>>126453966
How does anyone?
>>
>>126448845
The stupid shit may be things of value that you are looking at foolishly
>>
>>126445260
>How do Christians deal with the existence of dinosaurs found in rocks dated to be millions of years old?

The exact same way we deal with inevitability of Communism's triumph according to scientific predictions of dialectic materialism.

Now, how do you deal with the fact that proteins in some dinosaur bones haven't completely decayed yet despite them supposedly being millions of years old?

>How do they deal with the fact that there's no mention of them in the Bible?

There is a mention, but what do you think Bible is, a zoology textbook?
>>
>>126449930
That's one way to look at the Bible and the New Testament, one that I happen to agree with, because it excuses me from having to believe in God and that Jesus Christ was the son of God.

But I don't think that's what the Bible was "supposed" to be. I think that both sides, Christians and Atheists, generally reject that casual explanation of the Bible as a "take what you want, leave the rest" philosophy.
>>
>>126447790
The word "day" is used with multiple meanings in Genesis...god didn't create the sun until the 4th day...There was no 24 hour day without the sun. But it mentions light and day before the sun was created
>>
>>126453283
Not Christian.

The texts show that the ancient world were not ignorant of these ideas.

Also, in what sense are the dead sea scrolls forgeries?
>>
>>126453966
How do Christians believe that all men are created in God's image and yet 4chan pol theologians believe the white race is superior.

Hardmode
>no hamite and other tribe memes
>>
>>126448426
>Kent Hovind BTFO'ing anyone
Enjoy trying to read his Ph.D "thesis"(it's written at a sixth grade level so you shouldn't have any problems).
Get redpilled faggot(inb4 RATionalWiki)
http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Kent_Hovind
>>
>>126454105
Mental gymnastics coping mechanism kek
>>
>>126454253
>links rationalwiki
>thinks that inb4ing lets him get away with it
>>
>>126454216
Niggers aren't men
>>
>Dinosaurs million years old
>Bible at most 3000 years old
hmm I wonder why
>>
>>126445260
Taking the bible literally when it was clearly compiled and adapted through history by men. Why are atheists dumber than actual religious people?
Take the agnostic pill.
>>
File: 1485142238258.jpg (130KB, 832x690px) Image search: [Google]
1485142238258.jpg
130KB, 832x690px
>>126449991
lol
>>
>>126454143
>But I don't think that's what the Bible was "supposed" to be. I think that both sides, Christians and Atheists, generally reject that casual explanation of the Bible as a "take what you want, leave the rest" philosophy.
Bible is a product of evolution. The stories in it are literally tens of thousands of years old. They are what people liked to tell and liked to hear. they are what people remembered. The stories gave people meaning and hope. Really bible does not have any meaning by itself, the stories were not conceived with some purpose in mind. They evolved, just as we did.
>>
>>126448531
>no were u
>no but I no someone who wuz <3
>>
>>126445493
>Strawman
>Tells you what other people believe
You sound like a fedorafag. Only rural/Amish Christians deny evolution and fossils, and those are angry prods. True believer understand that fossils and evolution are real, but aren't really important to our salvation.
>>
>>126445260
There isn't mention of spiders or bears either but that doesn't really matter when it talks about his first there were insects and then larger animals.
>>
>>126445493
pretty much this, also many "fossils" are probably built in secret labs and shit like that
>>
>>126445260
>How do Christians deal with the existence of dinosaurs found in rocks dated to be millions of years old? How do they deal with the fact that there's no mention of them in the Bible?

maybe dinosaurs had their own bible and messiah. what business is it of mine?
>>
>>126445260
Why exactly would the Bible mention something that is entirely irrelevant to the human experience?
I mean you realize the Bible was written for people, and to guide their lives right?
What the hell do animals that died out millions of years before humans existed have to do with the human experience?
Nothing.

It's a dishonest rhetorical trick applied by atheists, the same as if they asked how Christians deal with the fact the Mariannas trench isn't in the Bible, or bananas or koala bears.

No one ever claimed the Bible contains encyclopedic information about everything in the universe.
>>
>>126448583
Pathetic samefag
>>
>>126447057
>Dinosaurs are mentioned a few times. Bohemoth, crocs, Leviathan.
Crocodiles aren't dinosaurs, and bohemoths and leviathans aren't real. But even if they were actually misidentified dinosaurs, it still doesn't explain how these fossils are dated at more than a hundred million years old.
>>
>>126454394
How about all other people's besides Western Europeans and no many Americans and many Slavs are not white.

Thats still a shit explanation why would God create such shity creatures that look very similar to humans and give tons of doctrine to imply all humans are the same.
>>
>>126450178
>>126450054

If only the scientific community could provide you guys a technique to measure the approximate age of ancient events that happened on Earth.
>>
>>126452058
What are you smoking? I've never heard or met Christians that think it's metaphorical. 100% literal word of God, they think a man and a woman ate fruit and that was worth billions of people being mercilessly tortured for hundreds of trillions of years.

I was raised around protestants from many groups, no joke, they think it's totally literal and will fight you about it.

They hate any idea that evolution and their religion are compatible, Adam and Eve were not the most advanced among existing humanoids, they were the first and only and totally separate.

Even though we know that 2 humans would have massive deformities if their children had to mate.

They will say God made it happen. There is no convincing them. I did not grow up in some backwater place, these people are engineers and business owners that think this. We went to mega churches with several thousand members. Never did they even imply that any of the Bible was anything but 100% literal. Sometimes metaphorical stories could add depth to the meaning, but Christian theology 101 is the literal interpretation is the most accurate.
>>
>>126453748
You have that face when people are right?
>>
>>126454793
In all seriousness, this would most likely be explained as genetics over the course of thousands of years. Additionally, it may have to do with the story of Babylon.
>>
>>126454888
No it makes me want to stab you kike talmud cult pushing, infiltrating traitors in the back 30 times and then claim self defense.
>>
>>126454469
Evolution to what extent though ? Macroevolution is very questionable, microevolution is a verifiable fact though , can't deny that.
>>
>>126445493
I have never heard this from someone who isn't high on Creationism. I don't think most people even try to bridge this gap.
>>
>>126446078
True dat. Member when they found that fossilized sammich inside the shroud of Turin? Fuckers believe a book over evidence.
>>
They are in the bible but are called tannin(dragons) or behemoths. Also Dino fossils which are tested using carbon dating date back to 20,000 bc which scares scientists and leads them to expel scientists who use carbon dating and find out that they are not millions of years old.
>>
>>126446725
Read some articles about Euler.
>>
File: 1253797457129.jpg (48KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1253797457129.jpg
48KB, 480x360px
>>126446135
>>
File: 5647747878.jpg (122KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
5647747878.jpg
122KB, 1600x900px
Morons

Hugh Ross The Science of Genesis and the Anthropic Principal
https://youtu.be/I6VZnmohw8E
>>
>>126446725

Didn't jesus save a cheating whore from being executed? He is like the Bernie Sanders bleeding heart liberal of that time period.
>>
You're a fucking loony toon if you believe carbon dating is accurate. Read more.
>>
>>126455056
You sound like an angsty teenage coward, lol. Bless.
>>
>>126453748
The Pagans couldn't even repel Christians who largely converted via marrying Christian women to pagan kings, but you totally would've withstood the hordes of jihadists!
>>
File: 1477455257324.png (92KB, 228x226px) Image search: [Google]
1477455257324.png
92KB, 228x226px
>>126455628
>Didn't jesus save a cheating whore from being executed?
No, the Pharisees brought her to Jesus and said to him that she has committed adultery. The Bible is very specific about how to deal with this issue. It says there has to be two witnesses, the Pharisees didn't bring witnesses.

John 8:3-11 King James Version (KJV)

3 And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst,

4 They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act.

5 Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou?

6 This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not.

7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

8 And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground.

9 And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst.

10 When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?

11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.
>>
>>126454216
>How do Christians believe that all men are created in God's image and yet 4chan pol theologians believe the white race is superior.
I don't believe Negroids are the same species as Caucasoids and Mongoloids
>>
>>126445260
Job 41:1 "Can you draw Leviathan out of the water with a hook, or tie down his tongue with a rope?
Job 41:2 Can you attach a bridle to his snout, or pierce his jaw with a hook?
Job 41:3 Will he make many supplications to you, or will he beg you for mercy?
Job 41:4 Will he try to make a deal with you, so that you may take him in servitude forever?
Job 41:5 "Will you play with him like a pet bird? Will you put a leash on him for your little girls?
Job 41:6 Will your business be able to buy him, Will you divide him among your merchant friends?
Job 41:7 Will you fill his flesh with harpoons, or his head with lances?
Job 41:8 Lay your hand on him, and you'll remember the struggle. You'll never do that again!

BTFO
>>
>>126445260
Carbon dating is imprecise and therefore not accurate. So we can't know how long dinosaurs have been dead for.
>>
>>126447216
>You cant date rocks with any degree of certainty. It's all vanity and circlejerking.
That's utter bullshit. Radiometric dating is only one of several different ways to date rocks.
>>
>>126445260
Being Christian makes you happy. Atheism leads to misery. Simple as that, I don't care about fossils. I care about the well being of myself and my family.
>>
File: thomas-aquinas.jpg (483KB, 1152x1600px) Image search: [Google]
thomas-aquinas.jpg
483KB, 1152x1600px
>>126454863
>I was raised around protestants
My condolences. I went to Catholic school and was taught evolution, because faith and reason are never in contradiction, when they appear to be in contradiction one is suffering from either an error in reason or an error in faith, possibly both.
>>
>>126456563
Good thing we don't use Carbon dating for dating dinosaur fossils.

Also, what level of precision would be acceptable for YOU, for a radiometric dating technique? Within 1 year? 1,000 years? 1,000,000 years? Ten million years?

You know the earth is many thousands of millions of years old right?
>>
>>126448583
Do you not understand id's?
>>
>>126454292
Why are you so sure you have it all figured out?
>>
>>126456479
So when you look at a disgusting greasy gook with buck teeth and slanted eyes you believe that God created that within his own image? Lmfao but niggers are subhuman praise kek shadilay!!

Your hentai and manga fetish is getting in the way of your white supremacism
>>
>>126446965
Not trying to discredit carbon dating, but I will point out that Crabon dating ASSUMES a fixed unchanging baseline percentage of C-14 creation.

Humans have not lived long enough to establish that as a non-changing constant.
>>
>>126445260
Because only retards read the bible literally.
>>
>>126457217
The question is better suited for Christians.

I've been agnostic my entire life I still everyone I don't actually know but the Christian will lie to you and tell you that they do have the answers to everything
>>
>>126446725
How can such a brick wall of a face have such perfect eyes?
>>
>>126445260
how do atheists deal with the fact that there's no equality found anywhere in nature?
>>
File: 023be3a.jpg (138KB, 600x377px) Image search: [Google]
023be3a.jpg
138KB, 600x377px
>>126457506
Mongoloids independently developed complex urban civilization and a highly literate culture.
>>
>>126448003
>Catholics aren't Christians.
Uh... Aren't Catholics the OG Christians? All other branches of Christianity can trace their roots back to Catholicism.
>>
>>126457957
Orthodoxy is OG Christianity, Catholocism split off from that when the Pope decided co-equal meant he was in charge of the Patriarchs because Jesus called Peter a rock.
>>
File: IMG_9341.png (2MB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9341.png
2MB, 1334x750px
>>126445260
>>
File: tori-roloff-baby-bump-hero.png (926KB, 1200x926px) Image search: [Google]
tori-roloff-baby-bump-hero.png
926KB, 1200x926px
>>126457926
Maybe so but that does not answer my question. Is God White or is God race less? did God create ugly-looking chinks within his own image like the Bible implies all men are created in His exact image.

Also why did God create niggers and make them look so much like humans and give all the doctrine to imply that they are humans.

No tribe memes

Pic not related just a beautiful white couple creating a white image of God
>>
File: catto.jpg (129KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
catto.jpg
129KB, 750x750px
>>126457759
by living, mate, there is no equality in nature and that's it
ye hopeful fuck
>>
>>126457759
Why would that be a problem for atheists?
>>
>>126448426
>linking a two and a half hour long video and expected literally anyone to find the time to watch it
>>
winter is coming
>>
>>126445260
Existence of dinosaurs does not discredit the Gospel of Christ.

Crude oil isn't mentioned either. Neither does it go into detail about the solar system. The Holy Scriptures are the books of God's word; mathematics and real proven sciences are the books of God's work. How is this so hard to contemplate?
>>
>>126453171

That's not what I said at all. I'm saying I was wrong. Been a long time since I have read the book and I was attributing stuff in leviticus to stuff in genesis. After re-reading genesis and leviticus 1 hour ago I became aware of my mistake. Jesus is still lord even if I was wrong about fossils being mentioned in genesis. Have I lifted the confusion you had about my post and faith? Or shall I..... go on?
>>
>>126454863

Matthew 13:34

Jesus spoke all these things to the crowds in parables. He did not tell them anything without using a parable.

Parables are explicitly NOT literal.
>>
>>126449838
"...when the time interval being estimated is on the scale of hundreds of millions of years"

Why is time scale assumed as such? What dictates this?
>>
>>126457575
Sure, but carbon dating has since been tested on things of known age in order to better fine tune that assumed baseline. There are even calibration charts to help: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calibration_of_radiocarbon_dates
>>
File: [citation needed].jpg (8KB, 152x187px) Image search: [Google]
[citation needed].jpg
8KB, 152x187px
>>126452187
>That doesn't move my faith tho.

how can people be this dense
>>
>>126456783
>Being Christian makes you happy.
Unless you're gay. Then you just have unbridled self-hatred.
>>
>>126459179
>>126459591

Yeah really dense. Like heavy water.
>>
>>126445260
>How do Christians deal with the existence of dinosaurs found in rocks dated to be millions of years old? How do they deal with the fact that there's no mention of them in the Bible?
GOD'S TRUTH IS MORE TRUSTWORTHY THAN MAN'S TRUTHS

fuck science.
>>
>>126456348
Based jesus
>>
>>126458477
because atheists are overwhelmingly communist liberal faggots
>>
>>126459665
You just need to pray more :^)
>>
File: 1493573314691.gif (607KB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
1493573314691.gif
607KB, 300x169px
>>126456531
>the Bible mentioned a mythical creature
>that's proof it accounted for dinosaurs
What?
>>
File: 1493681490478.jpg (37KB, 750x800px) Image search: [Google]
1493681490478.jpg
37KB, 750x800px
>>126452774
are you saying....
WE WUZ KANGS?
>>
>>126459909

Well it writes beast. So if you wanna get semantic and pragmatic it definately mentions dinosaurs.
>>
>>126446135
If anything that proves there is a God.
Just not a Christian one :^)
>>
>>126451788
>the ones that return random results
Your dating methods are shit; you decide the initial conditions after the fact in order to agree with your fanfiction. I could give some examples.
>>
The church doesn't cover any scientific matters after being BTFO by Galileo. Dinosaurs are real and the big bang happened.
>t. Catholic
>>
What do you mean "deal with"? It doesn't interfere with the religion at all, it's like asking how the Han dynasty of ancient China affects belief in Christ.
>>
File: 1493011021008.gif (10KB, 501x585px) Image search: [Google]
1493011021008.gif
10KB, 501x585px
>>126453589
At least use a proxy, kike.
>>
>>126455845
Carbon dating isn't used to date anything more than 50,000 years old. Dinosaur bones are typically dated using radiometric dating of uranium and plutonium in samples of the rock immediately surrounding the fossil.
>>
>>126445260
This assumes that permineralization takes millions of years. It doesn't.
>>
>>126445260
7days in gods time is several 100miliion years in our time op.

God experiences time way faster than we do
>>
>>126448003
Fuck you, I'm Catholic and a Creationist. But this is no time to argue about doctrine; attack the Evocucks with sound arguments.
>>
File: daeodon-comparison-chart.jpg (22KB, 530x316px) Image search: [Google]
daeodon-comparison-chart.jpg
22KB, 530x316px
>>126460094
>being this retarded
>>
>>126455405
see
>>126460355
>>
>>126460261
>Believes the "dark ages" meme
Neck urself
>>
File: 1495077366243.png (139KB, 475x348px) Image search: [Google]
1495077366243.png
139KB, 475x348px
>>126449991
underrated. kek
>>
>>126459179
How do you deal with the existence of dinosaurs found in rocks dated to be millions of years old?

still haven't answered
>>
>>126460444
Says who? How could you possibly know something like that? Isn't the mind if God supposed to be beyond human reasoning?
>>
>>126459745
>GODS TRUTH
completely ignores god's reality before him, instead trusts the words other men
fuck the bible
>>
>>126448463
>Tail like a cedar tree
>eats the grass like an ox

Sounds like any of the large herbivores to me m8.
>>
>>126448611
Carbon dating assumes that the Earth has always had a constant ratio of Carbon-14 to Carbon-12.
Evocucks say that this is true because the earth is so old that it must be true for evolution to be true which is true therefore the ratio of carbon-14 to carbon-12 was always constant.
Circular reasoning is inherent to Darwinian Evolution because it is not science.
>>126445493
Strawman. kek
>>
>>126460567
By accepting it? It doesn't contradict anything within the Bible to support dinosaurs, the big bang, or a billion years old Earth. This board is so theologically retarded.
>>
>>126460567

I don't deal with that at all lol. Why don't you explain how fossils existing btfo'd my belief in jesus, if this is your claim.
>>
>>126447216
>Citing exact quotes from your favorite source of choice to prove your point
I always knew inside me that Proddies were just a big fat bunch of NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRDDDDDSS
>>
>>126451585
>mfw even the holiest one of jewish books is bashing them
>>
File: Fiction.jpg (5KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
Fiction.jpg
5KB, 225x225px
They form a group known as Apologists. These people make up more stories to further the myth of the Abrahamic Religions. The truth is that Abraham, Moses and Jesus are all myths. In fact all God(s) are man made.
>>
>>126447686
>>126447732
woopsie, should have (you)'d those, too >>126460891
>>
>>126459802
Perhaps, but those beliefs don't stem from them being atheists.
You can be an atheist and not join the cult of human rights and equality. It's also possible to be religious and also a complete faggot, like Erick Erickson or Pope Francis for example.
>>
>>126459356
>accurate
kek
https://answersingenesis.org/geology/carbon-14/radioactive-dating-failure/
They took a recently formed volcanic rock from a lava flow to a lab and they said that it was millions of years old.
>>
>>126453589
>flag
Gtfo Scholomo
>>
>>126449838
>cosmic radiation of earth's atmosphere is a constant
>mankind affects the chemical composition of the atmosphere
>estimated half life of 5000+ years discovered/established in 1940s
>1940 was 5000 years ago
Which one of these is accurate again you wild ass guessing psuedo-scientific faggot?
>>
>>126460567
Flawed dating methods. Permineralization can occur in hours under the right conditions.

Most of the dating they do is based on their flawed notions of the age attributed to the surrounding objects. S

So your circular argument is, we know this is 100 million years old because it was buried beneath the fossil that was 98 Million years old.

You need to first prove that the upper layer was 98 Million years old
>>
>>126460603
Check out this video anon, he is much smarter than you or I. He talks about this very subject.

>>126455523
>>
>>126461098
>Perhaps, but those beliefs don't stem from them being atheists.
thats false. modern atheism is a subculture that includes liberalism and marxism, complete with marxist leaders and organizations.
>>
>>126460567
Your dating methods are actually circular reasoning; because the earth must be millions of years old for evolution to be true, these fossils must be millions of years old as well. Therefore, let's adjust these fine-tuned constants (initial conditions, etc.) until we get a result that agrees with our worldview.
It's reasoning after the fact. It's not science.
Read about the """Cambrian Explosion""". It happened for no reason. Or maybe all the fossils were deposited on that stratum because of a global flood?
>>
>>126447216
Are you trying to say that passage is describing a dinosaur!?
>>
>>126445260
[1:11] Then God said, "Let the earth put forth vegetation: plants yielding seed, and fruit trees of every kind on earth that bear fruit with the seed in it." And it was so.
[1:12] The earth brought forth vegetation: plants yielding seed of every kind, and trees of every kind bearing fruit with the seed in it. And God saw that it was good.
[1:13] And there was evening and there was morning, the third day.
[1:14] And God said, "Let there be lights in the dome of the sky to separate the day from the night; and let them be for signs and for seasons and for days and years,
[1:15] and let them be lights in the dome of the sky to give light upon the earth." And it was so.
[1:16] God made the two great lights - the greater light to rule the day and the lesser light to rule the night - and the stars.

>mfw when the bible said plants come before the sun.
advice to OP. Don't take the bible like a science book. They don't mix well.
>>
>>126449991
10/10
>>
There is not a single atheist poster on here that doesn't have their entire belief system based on what they were "told" was proof.

>Good goyim, yes fossilization proves that this object is millions of years old.
>How do I know that fossilization takes that long.
>because I said so.
>>
>>126461291
That's over an hour long...
>>
>>126460833
You do realize there are about a dozen other radiometric dating methods right? Carbon dating is only really accurate up to a couple thousand years, others are accurate to millions.
>>
>>126461691
>because i said so.
lol no. that's not how science works, and you know it.
>>
>>126461733
It's 2 videos in one, but ya, it's not an easy subject to articulate in 15 minutes.
>>
>>126446734
Sola scriptura is wrong. Apostolic tradition is also a source of God's.
But Darwinian evolution is also not science; it is fanfiction. It should be taught in history class, not in science class, since there are no experiments.
>>
>>126461515
The definition of atheism is disbelief in the existence of God. Anyone who doesn't believe deities exist is by definition an atheist. There is no logical connection between "God doesn't exist" and "Feminism is a good thing, niggers are human, all people have rights that are very important and need to be respected".
>>
File: 1469592785803.gif (672KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
1469592785803.gif
672KB, 320x180px
>>126459845
>>
>>126449987
>The story of Mary Magdalene
>moral and spiritual resurrection of a still young women
You picked a shit example to piss on christian morals edge-lord
>>
>>126461854

Was gonna post this here but might as well tell you specificly to watch it. https://www.google.no/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=%23&ved=0ahUKEwj2lZyYxYHUAhXIliwKHc6sCDAQxa8BCBwwAA&usg=AFQjCNF1sHlk2z9QIx28jtvfnGP_UlkifA&sig2=Bg0ZqyTs8MQKOXuIEfiPwQ

Very interesting vid give it a shot.
>>
File: My ancestor.png (17KB, 746x600px) Image search: [Google]
My ancestor.png
17KB, 746x600px
>>126446135
>>126445260
>Implying dinosaurs are millions of years old

>Yes goy believe us scientists are never wrong and can't lie
>No goy what you doing don't click that link
https://youtu.be/ji2cvuJ1mYg
>>
>>126461799
If we assume that the radioactive decay of a substance is a constant.
>>
>>126462009
then by your logic christianity is "merely someone who believes in christ" by definition and theres no logical connection between dinosaurs or other random books of the bible or churches or creationists
>>
>>126459745
Wasn't the Bible written by fallable humans who very well could have gotten things wrong?
>>
>>126462135
somehow i cant open the link. can u give me a better link instead of that random google bullshit ? even keywords are better than that.
>>
>>126461854

Lets try a link that works.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=c1ufK04tjOI
>>
>>126450099
and Darwin was the Messiah, amirite?
You have your own priesthood of """Scientists""". I bet you love Bill Nye.
>>
File: 1489165617360.jpg (222KB, 1190x762px) Image search: [Google]
1489165617360.jpg
222KB, 1190x762px
>>126462009
>There is no logical connection between "God doesn't exist" and "Feminism is a good thing, niggers are human, all people have rights that are very important and need to be respected".
Except that (((they))) are strongly forcing all these things alongside with atheism
>>
>>126461854
It's not how science works but science has become the religious of the masses.

The bible was originally written and read in latin to keep the masses from understanding it.

Science is also written in a language that the masses don't understand.

The truth is 99% of people whom accept evolution as their philosophy, do it with as much blind faith as a Christian.

How many actually understand carbon dating, it's limitations, or it's verity ?

None, it is a system of theories just like religion. Takes just as much faith in the unknown as most religions.
Thread posts: 351
Thread images: 61

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.