[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/future/ - Futurism General

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

/future/ - Futurism General

Come here to discuss the fast approaching future of the world and it's social and political implications.

Now with discord. https://discord.gg/M5MbcE7

Today we begin with a question: What is the most immediately important technology or social system to be developed for the benefit of the human race and why?
>>
>>115145469
>What is the most immediately important technology or social system to be developed for the benefit of the human race and why?

Gene editing for a healthy and smart population.
>>
>>115145769
Hmm. I guess that seems reasonable. I'm somewhere between agi and more efficent energy.

Everything begins with energy production so it would have a profound economic benefit if the entire world were running on LFTR reactors as opposed to coal and natural gas. Along the same lines agi will create greater market efficiencies in production and distribution of goods, allowing for the economy to advance in ways that I don't and can't fully understand or predict.

I can see the case for gene editing though, since everything that humans do will be easier if humans are fundamentally better at everything.
>>
File: Berlin in 1945 4.jpg (374KB, 1264x1177px) Image search: [Google]
Berlin in 1945 4.jpg
374KB, 1264x1177px
>>115145469
the future is very dark lad
>>
Underground cities so Tokyo can go underground and go full cyberpunk
>>
>>115145769
Great way to accidentally edit all the children with genes that cause autism when combined with anything besides genes from the ethnicity you took the intelligent gene from.

Let me put it like this.

Finns are intelligent.
Indians who can afford to move to Finland are intelligent.

Mixing two intelligent people together is a good idea? Wrong, this is the most probably ethnic mix to cause autism. Enjoy your autistic brown Finns.

No genetic engineering unless the gene is extremely well researched.
>>
>>115146284
We make the future. I for one will work towards the better. Liberty means agency. Agency means responsibility. Only a slave can give up and declare something hopeless, because only a slave can be truly powerless. When you submit to the power of some law or authority with the belief that it is inevitable and unchangeable then you are prostrating yourself before it and becoming a slave to it. I choose liberty, thank you very much.
>>
>>115146910
we dont work towards or control shit, the 1% elites control every aspect of our lives, how fucking blue pilled are you
>>
>>115147193
Believing that you have no human agency is truly blue pilled. If your life doesn't matter then just kill yourself right now.
>>
>>115145469
WHERE IN THE FUCK IS SPACE ELEVATOR

Anybody else miss those threads?
>>
>>115147637
We all do, friend. We all do... I pretty sure he's on eight now.
>>
>>115147479
why, the system needs slaves, whats wrong with being a slave
>>
>>115147904
Ask me that when you want to do something that your master doesn't approve of. You have to know when the point of too many restrictions is reached. Also

>flag

damn baited again.
>>
>>115148062
i want to so alot of things like go hunting, but my masters dont allow it and i accept that
>>
>>115148238
good for you then.
>>
>>115145469
Purging niggers, sandniggers and of course jews
>>
>>115148912
Typical poland answer.
>>
File: IMG_2855.jpg (80KB, 636x424px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2855.jpg
80KB, 636x424px
>>115145469
Fusion reactor to allow unlimited energy. Production. ETA is 10 years.

http://gizmodo.com/mits-fusion-reactor-broke-a-world-record-right-before-t-1787891931
>>
>>115150905
ETA is always 10 years with fusion. More research is needed than we truly understand right now so no prediction can be made about eta. LFTR (thorium) reactors are much more attainable and can be used while we're studying fusion energy. Baby steps, friend.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.