[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do organic farms scale?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_1329.png (2MB, 1200x788px)
IMG_1329.png
2MB, 1200x788px
Are gmos the real Redpill?
Have never seen an organic agriculture operation at scale.

Not everyone can be a farmer
>>
all farms were organic back when niggers we're picking cotton

Now farming has been overtaken by the industrial Jew

Niggers > Jews
>>
File: 1480146567470.jpg (119KB, 960x960px)
1480146567470.jpg
119KB, 960x960px
Short answer is no. There's a longer answer, and it's really complicated but it basically has to do with supply and demand along with environmental factors.

t. Farmer
>>
>>115104770
>>115105119
>all farms were organic back when niggers we're picking cotton

fact
>>
There is literally nothing wrong with GM crops
>>
>>115105319
Company who owns the patent are a bit of Jews, other than that there is nothing worse about them than regular crops. All the same downsides downsides but with more benefits
>>
I deserve the right to have GMO'd food to be properly labeled as such and decide if I wish to eat it or feed it to my family

BOTTOM LINE!
>>
File: IMG_1343.jpg (71KB, 658x718px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1343.jpg
71KB, 658x718px
>>115105270
>>115105315

Yes nothing wrong with DNA jewing toxic carcinogens in your food goy
>>
File: 1474153618252.gif (73KB, 840x514px) Image search: [Google]
1474153618252.gif
73KB, 840x514px
>>115106116
I don't think you understand what a GMO crop actually is or how they're made and function.
>>
organic farming is irrelevant, as it's capability to energy cost-effectively produce food is pre-industrialization level - i.e. only through modern society's subsidization effort it is feasable to produce organically to current consumer markets, thus, it is a luxury

t. an organic farmer
>>
>>115104770
No, they don't scale, indoor farming may enable more of it if it works well though.
>>
What do you guys think about various hydro/aero-ponic techniques? Been thinking of experimenting with the Kratky method, but it seems to me like it'll only work for really hardy stuff like lettuce. I wanna grow strawberries.
>>
>>115106334
Nigger gmo have genetic sequences that create the same proteins that poisonous pesticides do

t. alchemist
>>
>>115109318
Extremely expensive and energy-efficient in terms of cost/yield relative to traditional farming, really only feasible in massive seed indoor farming projects. Even outdoor farming is probably much better and more efficient for anything small scale or below the size and scale of a large specially designed warehouse. The technology may enable it to be competitive sometime in the near future though.
>>
File: tumblr_nt3ko5rO9R1tj1uzko1_500.jpg (45KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nt3ko5rO9R1tj1uzko1_500.jpg
45KB, 500x500px
>>115104770

Organic just means no gmo and pesticides.

Just means you need to checkerboard your crops to stop spread of disease.
>>
>>115110180
That was generally my feeling, but I can't shake why SO MANY people who grow their own food go hydro/aero. Surely there's SOME benefit there?

It seems to me that the price low to high goes something like dirt < pots (with potting mix) < hydro/aero. But the yields per square foot I suspect are just the reverse.

I just want to be able to grow about a hundred pounds of strawberries each season for wine making. watering those bastards is hard, and good luck keeping wildlife from getting ALL of your yield if you plant in the dirt. So you've gotta grow in pots in a fruit cage at a minimum. But it might be cheaper to just bring them in and go hydro?

I don't know. I wish someone would prepare a comprehensive analysis of this shit.
>>
>>115110466
>what is soil health
>what is crop rotation
>what is organic-approved pesticide
>what is cover crops
>what is irrigation
>what is tillage
>what is natural compost
>>
>>115105128
Wrong. As any modern farm family knows, scale isn't the issue. It's the literal mountain of subsidies and corporate jew graft that centralizes and gmo pushes.

Gmo is a way to use intellectual property laws to annex adjacent property with lawsuits.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.