[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Want to get into origami. where do I start?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1473949948340.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1473949948340.gif
2MB, 320x240px
Want to get into origami. where do I start?
>>
Buy some origami paper would be my educated guess.
>>
>>554216
Get into it? I'd love to help, so what skill level would you say you're at? Can you fold a crane? or can you barely fold a paper airplane?
>>
>>554216
Just get in the thread >>553409 and start folding
>>
>>554217
Do they sell it anywhere or is it exclusive to arts and crafts stores?
>>554218
Barely fold a paper airplane
>>554230
In time
>>
>>554248
Go to robs world on YouTube and fold some of the models he has demonstrated. Eventually you'll start getting better and better, gain more control over paper and begin to crease more precisely.
>>
>>554248
you can order it cheap on walmart or amazon if you have prime. Michaels and Hobby Lobby usually have a 40% or 50% coupon every week, though Hobby Lobby's selection here is poort.
>>
>>554216
http://www.foldnfly.com/#/1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-2

Thank you for getting me into folding UFOs, btw.
https://www.jpl.nasa.gov/edu/teach/activity/ring-wing-glider/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeFBTmTObxg
>>
>>554216
>that gif
who edited the lasers out?
>>
if I'm a {chronically depressed} perfectionist, will I find the gluing to be any more tolerable than the cutting?

I haven't been able to get into papercraft because I've never been able to finish cutting out the mask I planned to start with. I really wanted to get into papercraft for all the cosplay potential, and lately I was thinking of getting an expensive machine to do the cutting for me, but if I don't find the gluing to be any easier, this will just be a big waste of money.
>>
>>554216
>>554216
Paper would be helpful. Just buy some cheap stuff on Amazon. Larger is better for paper, get at least 8x8 if you are starting out. I also recommend Jo Natashima (probably spelled his name wrong) on Youtube. For books, really anything by Robert Lang.
>>
>>555089
>anything by Robert Lang.
I suppose you meant anything by john montroll.
>>
>>555025
You usually don't need any glue for origami.
Of course, if you're making your own compound paper (sandwich paper, double/triple tissue with MC, ...), that's another story. But as a beginner, you shouldn't worry about that (yet).
>>
Learn to fold a crane, that's where I started, teaches you the basic technique. Fold a few, get a pdf from the origami pdf thread, fold what you like. Rinse and repeat.
>>
>>555025
>>555093
Personally i find that gluing can be useful when folding a very complex model out of a large thin sheet of paper. if there are a lot of layers in a certain part but the paper isnt strong enough then the model wont be able to hold its shape. i usually use mc to glue the layers together if this happens but as >>555093 said you shouldnt worry about that yet
>>
How to get into orgami DONT it gay
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.