[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi guys, has anybody had any experience with making the kind

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: ©-industrieblick-Fotolia.com-4.png (209KB, 430x198px) Image search: [Google]
©-industrieblick-Fotolia.com-4.png
209KB, 430x198px
Hi guys, has anybody had any experience with making the kind of warehouse as seen in the video? It doesnt have to be complex but I'm trying to make a simple warehouse with these sort of automated roll things...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIbBBQDQSqQ
>>
>>551594
i'm not sure this is really paper related. Try >>>/diy/ maybe ?
>>
well I want to make a paper model so I would think this to be the best place. I dont actually want thinks to move, just to have the look of the machines
>>
Neat idea. Do you want to make a paper model diorama? Maybe like an exaggerated perspective shadowbox with a warehouse scene printed on the back and side walls to give the impression of complexity.

I might try to find front, side, and top pictures of the actual rollers and sorting machines online, then paste those onto foldable shapes and print them. I would probably use a free image program like GIMP to adjust the images so they fit on the shapes I wanted to print.
>>
yeah that's what I kinnda had in mind, I'm doing a small presentation about the machines that move the merchandise inside a warehouse and I thought it would be a nice idea to have a simple diorama sort of thing set up to give people an idea about what it would look like in 3D
>>
>>551599
Does OP have any experience in checking these dubs?
>>
File: Toe - For Long Tomorrow.jpg (549KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Toe - For Long Tomorrow.jpg
549KB, 1200x1200px
Seems like it would be quite hard to capture with a small paper diorama, but you've gotta love that mass-production aesthetic.
>>
Industrial plant is an underexplored area of papercraft, pretty much every device I've seen has tracks or wheels.

You'd need to be making your own models, though if you want a warehouse, rather than a production environment it should be pretty simple.

Scale is the issue. For a sensible warehouse diorama - one you can display whole on a table - you're going to be looking at 1:72 or 00 scale (1:83 which I'd recommend because finding rail scale diorama accessories will be easier). At this size, the conveyor belts will be 3-4mm wide so a fill pattern in Libre Office draw or better will suffice. 1:200 or smaller will model the warehouse, but only the 'grammar' of the layout.

If you want just a portion you can go larger, and the modelling will get more detailed. Look at car/tank models for a good idea of what scale you can enlarge the model to before you get overwhelmed trying to fit detail in.

I guess the main reason why things like this are rarely modelled is they're inherently uninteresting unless you're paid to stand in front of them.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.