[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tips to get better at folding?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 4271012_orig.jpg (157KB, 522x433px) Image search: [Google]
4271012_orig.jpg
157KB, 522x433px
Tips to get better at folding?
>>
>>549583
Practice makes better.
>>
Better to fold all in hand for practice me thinks. Don't use a flate surface and focus on perfecting bird base. Shouldn't take long at all to master. Make sure all creases are nice and tight.
>>
>>549587
>Don't use a flate surface
That's pretty dumb anon.
>>
Dont just fold the model, tink why the other did it
>>
Go slow.

If you're having trouble with a model, start over with a bigger or thinner sheet. Or both.

For complex stuff, use a little PVA glue to hold layers together. You can water it down a bit if your prefer. A lot of people don't want to admit they do this, but pretty much anything good has some glue in there.
>>
>>549583
Watch some video tutorials by experienced people like Nakashima; even if you already know how to fold the model, pay attention to how they actually execute the folds.

Also, not every crease has to be bone-folder sharp, sometimes it's better to have a softer crease.
>>
>>549583
don't forget that paper has thickness and tension
>>
>>550055
why does that matter?
>>
>>550057
if you have a very thick paper you cannot fold small details after you have made lots of folds, the fold does not remain, I don't know if I have explained it properly.
>>
>>549583

Mistakes compound themselves. While the final touches can make or break, if you don't nail the first dozen steps the detail at the end won't matter much.
>>
>>549801

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUsxMXwCW8A
>>
>>549658

Clearly you haven't been folding for long, otherwise you'd be comfortable air folding.

flat surface = training wheels
>>
>>551006

Try air folding on a line that goes through 2 points of a big square of paper...

I'm not saying "make every fold on flat surface", this would also be pretty dumb. Some folds are preferably done on a flat surface and some others are not. But the advice "fold all in hands" together with "perfect the bird base" makes me think that >>549587 only folds cranes and simple origamis from shitty 15cm square of paper.
>>
>>551007

Clearly for precreasing a flat surface is needed.
>>
>>549583
Be a man, get a wife. She folds your laundry.
>>
>>551044
join our discord!!! https://discord.gg/CksqHxG
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.