[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need the pdf or instruction to make this beauty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

I need the pdf or instruction to make this beauty
>>
http://www.adaymag.com/2014/05/09/21-diy-lamps-chandeliers.html
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFqTHTq5xS4&list=PLzsHUQDWXILJxewPXpyhDU2ov80VO-AlS&index=1
>>
Considering that thing is some art project with a limited edition of 100 copies, sold at couple thousand bucks per pop - pretty doubtful that the artists would release instructions how to DIY, don't you think?

As for that video >>546727... that guy seems pretty clueless. I've had a bunch of shadowcasting lamp screens in my old appartment, the main "trick" to get clearly defined crisp shadows is to have a small dot-like light source. Traditionally candles do a good job, but obviously not recommended for screens made from paper, wood, or other materials which are not fireproof. With bulbs, you want a good old incandescent light bulb where the filament is pretty short, and the bulb glass is clear, not matte. Long filaments, matte glass, or other lamp types like neon lamps in bulb shape the emitting area is way too big and you'll get smudgy shadows at best. Single LEDs might do a good job as well, but haven't experimented with those yet.
>>
File: h9uj70plnm6.jpg (10KB, 184x192px) Image search: [Google]
h9uj70plnm6.jpg
10KB, 184x192px
>>546735
i just love the fact that some people browse the internet and find this extremely complex or costly object made out of paper and then come to /po/ and ask for this shit for free. like it's automatically easily accessible to all as long as you come to a board dedicated to papercraft.
>>
>>546738
Agree. But on the other hand, to be fair, that page op got it from is titled "diy-lamps-chandeliers", so the assumption it's possible to diy is not too far fetched.
>>
>>546709
>Lamp
>Made out of wood and electronics
>Not paper
>PDF for making a fucking lamp.
>On /po/

Dude, fuck off.
>>
>>546757
Calm your tits, fag. Might just as well make this thing from lasercut cardstock.
>>
this might be helpful
>>
>>546735
I've used cheap led "candles" that flicker, make a nice effect. I wasn't trying to do shadows though, just a simple bamboo and paper lamp.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.