[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need help with homework

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: paper.jpg (10KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
paper.jpg
10KB, 300x300px
So for school I have to fold an A4 to an A6 in 10 different ways but I honestly can't even figure out one way, it has to become a book/card thing so it can't consist of very tiny pages
>>
>>546398
From A4 to A6, it basically takes two folds - each time folding the rectangle in half in the middle of the long side...
As a result, when you unfold it, your A4 square will only have two creases (linking the middle of each same-sized sides).

So, you need 10 ways of folding this?
I can see 4 ways:
1) fold the long sides in half, then fold the resulting long sides in half, unfold everything.
2) fold the short sides in half, then fold the long sides in half, unfold everything.
3) fold in half along the long sides, unfold, fold in half along the short sides, unfold.
4) fold in half along the short sides, unfold, fold in half along the long sides, unfold.

If you combine valley folds and mountains folds, you can reach 12 ways.
Example:
5) The same as 1), but the second fold is in the opposite direction compared to 1).
6) The same as 1), but the first fold is in the opposite direction compared to 1).
7) The same as 2), but the second fold is in the opposite direction compared to 2).
8) The same as 2), but the first fold is in the opposite direction compared to 2).
For 9) to 12), you can use the same idea with 3) (for 9) and 10) ) and 4) (for 11) and 12) ).

But that's pretty stupid...

What kind of assignment is that?
>>
>>546399
Well it's not just about the folding, we have to make a "badge" that hangs around people's neck showing their name and function and there has to be a page with a map and a few other things. Thanks for your reply!
>>
>>546403
A picture of the wanted end-result would have been great.

(Also, you can fold in 16 ways by applying the same principles.)
>>
>>546405
Honestly I might read it wrong but I only see that ending up the same way? It should look different unfolding it and not just the pages numbered differently or something. I don't have a wanted end-result, it just has to be A6 size.
>>
>>546406
I see (maybe).

You can have 4 folded end results then.
For instance, 1) and 2) final results:
1) looks like a booklet with a long side as the binding (and two bindings on the (short) top or bottom of the booklet external pages).
2) looks like a booklet with a short side as the binding (and two bindings on the (long) top or bottom of the booklet external pages).

Then, starting the same folds but with the other side of the paper up, you'll end with the same 'binded booklets' but not showing the same pictures/name/maps/whatever you print on those papers.
(Of course, I suppose both sides of your A4 have printed stuff.)
>>
>>546407
It has to be an A6 standing up so that's only one way, and changing the pictures doesn't count as a different way of folding.
>>
>>546398
What the fuck are you studying ?
>>
File: A4-A6.png (55KB, 742x470px) Image search: [Google]
A4-A6.png
55KB, 742x470px
I think I got it.

Try something like pic. related, and many variations (folds 1 and 2 as both valleys; 1 as mountain and 2 as valley; the opposite; 1 and 2 along the long side and 3 along the short side; etc).

So, you can get many variations and quite different results.
>>
>>546409
Multimedia. Being creative is a big part of it so we have to make many sketches and stuff.
>>546410
Thanks!
>>
>>546411
>Multimedia. Being creative is a big part of it so we have to make many sketches and stuff.
Is it creative to ask on 4chan for help? :)
>>
>>546412
No but I can't afford failing this. It costs too much money and I can't study something else anymore so I'll do anything to make it.
>>
>>546413
Hm, maybe if you cant figure out how to fold a piece of paper 2 times you are not cut out for the job.
>>
>>546413

Update?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.