[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just a compliment and some advice on oragami

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: images.jpg (2KB, 121x97px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
2KB, 121x97px
Hi guys, I'm just a /b/tard passing through. I just want to say that you guys have one of the nicest threads on 4chan, and we talk about you on /b/ like a little sister, especially with the raid anniversary coming along. You guys are awesome.

Also I want to get into oragami, as I quit following the end of 5th grade. Any tips are appreciated. :)
>>
>>542071
If you wanna learn by watching videos watch some of Jo Nakashima or tadashi Mori. Those ones who are shorter than 10 minutes are good for beginning.
>>
>>542071
Don't immediately spend money all kinds of good looking paper. Start with stuff around the house when doing something new so that if you make mistakes it won't be wasted. I used up a lot of cute sheets that way in the beginning, and regret it a bit now. Good luck and remember practice makes perfect
>>
>>542071
Fold everything you can. Technical skills are great, but experience will help you in the long run.
>>
>>542071

Hey fellow b/tard, and po people, i also wandered over from /b/ during the whole raid thing and after having a nosy through some of the images here decided that I'd quite like to have a try. Having never done origami before I'm not sure what to start with or how much of a mess I'll make of it but I am definitely gonna give it a go.

>be po
>be good influence
>go paper heaven when die
>>
>>542290

PS. I LOVE YOU PO YOU IS NICE LIKE GUMMY BEARS <3
>>
Not a /b/tard (spend most of my time on 4chan on /wsr/), but I love this place. I am looking to start origami as well. I think it'd be a cool hobby.
>>
>>542071
I do origami out of bills to tip waitresses, they love it.
My favorite is the koi..
I have one bartender who still has it on the liquor shelf like 5 years later.
They're good for practice, since its paper that you already have that you'll be "replacing" anyways, and its fun to share and brighten up someones evening.
>>
Awesome man!
>>
>>542295
Won Park would be proud of you.
>>
>>542295
I do this on occasion too, when I have cash on me. I don't go to bars though, so I just leave them at places I eat or at coffee/tea places. I made a terrible looking koi, but it was the first one that I completed. My favorite has been the camera (Won Park)
>>
>>542077
Yup
>>
If you have a gum addiction like me, you can fold origami out of gum wrappers and leave it for other people to find (or throw away).
>>
>>542295
how much time does it take you to fold a koi carp out of a dollar bill ? I think it take me one hour with bigger paper than a dollar bill.

As much as i would enjoy to give a carpe koi tip to a waistress i'll probably never do it. Because where i leave tiping is not so common, because we have euros and 5€ is already a not so small bill and because i wouldn't give a one hour origami to waitress so she can unfold it and use it to buy a kebab.
>>
Anyone have that picture of a nazi handing someone a paper crane and saying welcome to /po?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.