[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

the perfect glue

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7

File: glooeh.jpg (13KB, 380x380px) Image search: [Google]
glooeh.jpg
13KB, 380x380px
hi guys,i'm here to ask you a question:

i always loved papercraft and stuff like that,but every time i build something it goes very bad, because of the glue.
i usually use glue stick,but it's not precise so i always end up making a mess...

anyways now you can guess the question:

what is the best glue to use for making papercrafts?

i am planning to make an endurance papercraft from interstellar movie (i fucking love that film), so i don't want to fuck up...

any suggestions?

p.s. i'm italian,so sorry for the bad english and keep this in mind when you tell me something like "go to walmart and everything will be there", because in italy we don't have it. we just have the camorra, mafia, berlusconi and pizza sometimes.
>>
File: papercraftinterstellarendurance.jpg (143KB, 562x562px) Image search: [Google]
papercraftinterstellarendurance.jpg
143KB, 562x562px
pic related: it's the papercraft i want to make
>>
>>540355
>glue stick
I'm surprised you were even able to make anything with that. I'm not italian so I have no idea what shops you have over there but surely there should be some arts and craft stores where you can get yourself some proper craft glue.
>>
White/wood glue is the best.

You can put a little in a paper and apply it with a toothpick, for example.

I got a needle and syringe from the pharmacy and filled it with a little glue. This way I have a precision glue dispenser.
>>
I just use cheap washable PVA. Squirt a bit onto a piece of scrap paper and use a small paint brush to apply it neat. That way it's quite tacky and it'll dry fast.
>>
>>540365
Here in Italy the wood glue is called vinavil, but it's not fast at drying

>>540374
How fast will it dry up?
The brush is a good idea...

Ideally I would like a kind of glue that dries in a matter of seconds,like super glue, but not super glue, cause it leaves a white trace after it dries up...

So, suggestions?
>>
>>540383
Everyone is telling you the same: white/wood/PVA glue.

Yes. It takes a while to dry. This is good it lets you adjust the paper. Then it dries. This is a slow hobby, you need to have patience.
>>
I use solvant based glue (UHU) filled into a syringe. It dries in under a minute but it gives you some time to adjust. I didn't tried wood glue so i cant compare them.
>>
I have been using Arlene's tacky glue for about 9 years now, can't beat it and apply it with a toothpick also
>>
Just get a good wood glue from your local craft shop
>>
>>540391
>>540449
No way, wood glue takes at least 30 minutes to dry,and I don't have all of that free time.

The best suggestion till now is the UHU glue

What about hot glue?
>>
>>540458
>hot glue
I take it you've never actually used hot glue. It's terrible for paper projects and easily 90% of all craft projects ever.

>>540413
This stuff is good and it comes in a "fast grab" version as well, which dries quicker.
>>
>>540460

There's fast-grab and there's Turbo. I love the turbo version lol
>>
>>540458
Just go buy some white pva glue god dammit, everyone tell you that. I doesn't take much time to dry. If it takes too long then you put too much glue that's it. Believe me it's way better than the uhu.

Also hot glue is absolutely terrible, even tape would be better.
>>
If you are not going to listen to people who has been doing this for long when you ask for help, why ask ?
>>
i just use white glue and a hair dryer if i want it to dry faster.
>>
test
>>
File: tegaki.png (1KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
1KB, 400x400px
Hi! this is jAY CARHrt! I love henati!
>>
Hi my name is _____. My phone number is 911. Hit me up.
>>
On broader tabs fine Double sided tape does the trick, for other bits tacky glue
>>
Honestly, glue stick glue is just fine. For precision, use a toothpick to apply it.
>>
i normally use a mix of watered down glue stick glue and rice starch adhesive, its pretty easy to apply with a brush r a craft stick and it dries decently fast but not so fast so if you mess up you can still take it apart in time
>>
File: shitpostingberg.jpg (1MB, 1934x3061px) Image search: [Google]
shitpostingberg.jpg
1MB, 1934x3061px
>>540767
>>
File: s-l1000.jpg (74KB, 705x1000px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1000.jpg
74KB, 705x1000px
I used to do a lot of papercrafting, having at one point done somewhere along the lines of 30-40 medium sized models in one summer, and one fucking huge one. I'm comparatively new to this board, and quite frankly I would be surprised to find that this board has any veterans in it, if you're all still using Elmer's.

use pic related. its a few dollars per tube but the stuff works fucking great. It doesn't dry like superglue, but its effectively completely set within ~15 seconds, if that, but there's still plenty of time to adjust your placement before it becomes too permanent. it has a viscosity very close to syrup, so you can grab a bead with a toothpick really easily, and if you apply it carefully then it doesn't get the paper wet/deformed. Also, it only dries fast when you have a thin layer, so you can leave a little puddle on your desk for a few minutes while you do a bunch of welds and you wont have to be constantly scraping it up/mixing away the 'skin.' lastly, if you have to move house or you just fall away from your hobbies, it'll keep like new in the bottle for years. not to mention when, not if, you get some on your fingers, you cal rub them together and it rolls up and falls off really easily, so no more crusty cyano-digits.

my current tube I've had for ~4 years, and I wouldn't ever use anything else.
>>
i've been papercrafting since 2008, honestly, i have tried some things and white/wood glue has been by far the best you just need a bit of practice, use a toothpick to apply it and with the right ammount you'll have time to adjust and it will stay real good
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.