[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Logic behind origami

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1455774621889.png (167KB, 894x598px) Image search: [Google]
1455774621889.png
167KB, 894x598px
I always wondered how people got to make the patterns and stuff on paper before folding. Like what's the logic behind it? Is it a shit ton of careful planning? Is it a bunch of trial and error? Is it common sense for someone who has a lot of experience with it?
>>
>>536809
Intuition
>>
Survival. Some people will do anything for money, including folding paper. With the nature of competitive markets, different firms needed to outdue each other.

There's small beauty to be found in folding paper to make ends meet.
>>
>>536950
Thats not what he asked @ all m8
>>
>>536809
you fold the origami, you draw on the patterns you want.

You unfold the origami, and copy that pattern on to other paper.
>>
There are several ways of approaching it, but they pretty much boil down to finding a basic shape that's in the ballpark of what you want to make, and adding details to finish it.

There are a bunch of ways to get at these basic shapes. Trial and error with traditional folds is one way, but there are methods to actually geometrically calculate fold patterns to intentionally produce specific bases as needed.

If you're really interested in following this rabbit hole, look up Origami Design Secrets by Robert Lang.
>>
>>536809
Read ODS by Lang
>>
>>536950
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
FOLDING PAPER MAKES MONEY
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.