[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I do ruler and compass constructions to make these shapes. I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: 20151221_152708.jpg (765KB, 2304x1296px) Image search: [Google]
20151221_152708.jpg
765KB, 2304x1296px
I do ruler and compass constructions to make these shapes. I want to make a truncated dodecahedron but have had some difficulty trying to draw and glue it. Anyone else like polyhedra?
>>
Just google it. You'll get templates to print or just get inspiration of.
>>
File: TruncatedDodecahedronNet_600.gif (6KB, 327x179px) Image search: [Google]
TruncatedDodecahedronNet_600.gif
6KB, 327x179px
No printer. Looking at templates has helped with most of these shapes. Its the left over angles left for gluing for this particular shape thats the hardest to work with.
>>
On a related note, does anybody here have Great Stella? (software for 'designing' polyhedra and printing their nets) It's too expensive for me, and the fact that the demo version is so crippled that it's practically useless pisses me off.
>>
Yeah, you should try and read a copy of Polyhedron models by Wenninger, it's a great book. Main thing, it's not a good idea to make nets, make each face on its own with tabs on *every* edge, and glue tabs to tabs.
>>
>>534855
I wish i had thought of this. thank you very much. That should make things easier
>>
>/po/ - autism
>>
>>534857
It definitely does, I've made a bunch and it makes them so much more rigid. Some of them even look plastic, it's great
>>
>>534832
i don't know if you're interested in this but here is a cool book about polyhedra in origami. And it's pure origami, not modular origami.

https://www.uam.es/personal_pdi/ciencias/abenito/origami/AplethoraPolyhedra.pdf
>>
>>534832
Cutouts of all polyhedra
http://www.korthalsaltes.com/
>>
File: 20151227_003349.jpg (798KB, 2304x1296px) Image search: [Google]
20151227_003349.jpg
798KB, 2304x1296px
Thanks for the advice. Nets were really making it difficult.
>>
>>534846
I broke down and paid money for it a while back, I even upgraded to the 4D version when I was feeling rich. I really only wanted it to do geodesic domes, which is kind of like going to baskin robbins and ordering vanilla. Most solids it makes a net for, you can find on line to download.
>>
>>534832
Metasequoia have a plugin for generating basic polyhedra. You can then import models in pepakura and unfold them.
>>
File: octuple quadrahedron ring.webm (783KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
octuple quadrahedron ring.webm
783KB, 320x240px
aw yea
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.