[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone check if this seller is selling stolen models

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.ar/MLA-579243696-armadura-thor-pepakura-marvel-para-armar-_JM#redirectedFromParent

This fellow here is selling what i believe is a model offered for free (and probably created by the same artist)
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=162621

Now I am not sure if my hunch is right, but he has quite a few papercraft models for sale that I think he just grabbed from the RPF forums.

tl;dr was searching for model to build, was asked to pay, quite sure that rpf has original model for free
>>
File: Messi jew.jpg (131KB, 957x638px) Image search: [Google]
Messi jew.jpg
131KB, 957x638px
>>532005
Not surprised, Argentinians are the Jews from South-America. mercadolibre is like the Latin version of Jewbay or AlijEW.
>>
if its by the same artist is it really stolen? or do they just happen to also have a product they sell available for free elsewhere?
>>
>>532008
i think what op mean is that all the mask are from the same guy, but another guy is selling them. so the masks are from the "same person"
>>
>>532005
yes, they are stolen models, the helmet was a free model designed by dung0beetle, the guy stopped sharing his templates because scumbags started to sell the free stuff.

>>532008
>>532009
All the models available in "mercadolibre" are stolen from another place. Some are from online stores but the most are available for free elsewhere, this guys are worse than the chinese selling free papercrafts, at least the chinks sell printed templates.
>>
>>532005
SONOVABITCH THEY'RE SELLING ME SHITTY LOKI HELMET I MADE WHICH I PUT UP FOR FREE!!!!!

I thought the worst was Papercraft blogs hosting my stuff and not crediting me.

How do I get this shit taken down.
>>
>>532005
the seller is ARIELPABLO04

maybe same guy as https://instagram.com/arielpablo04/

Anyways, perhaps mass message the website telling them this stuff is illegal and copied from this site.
And I guess if your content is on that website for sale, go to the police and proof that it is yours and try to sue the living shit out of them.

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Farticulo.mercadolibre.com.ar%2Fdenounce%2Fshow%3Ftype%3DITM%26elementId%3DMLA579243696%26itemId%3DMLA579243696
This might help messaging them
>>
>>532038
to continue.. ARIELPABL04 sells on quite a number of websites...
https://www.google.nl/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=Y3slVszwK8yvOtXZlIAE&gws_rd=ssl#q=ARIELPABLO04
>>
>>532038
>>532039
I think that is the same guy that is selling my Loki Helmet. Lets get him. I wont stand for this guy scamming people with my or anyone else's work.
>>
>>532055
Yes, is the same scumbag, you can try to denounce the article (click in Denunciar), I think first you need to register in the site.

The only problem is that the guy is Argentinian, they are assholes and he will give a fuck, he will republish the article in a few days. The only ways is persist and denounce him every time he re-post the items.
>>
>>532057
From what I can tell he has sold at least 4 helmets and for $40 each. Not sure which dollar it is but still, any amount is an insult. I'll do what I can.
>>
Fuck copyright and patents. Goes both ways, though. If somebody makes a business out of selling your ideas - while they are available for free to the public - where's the problem?
>>
>>532084
"Whats the problem?" The guy is selling something that is free. He's taking advantage of people using my work. I uploaded it for anyone and everyone and this guy is selling it for $40.
>>
>>532081
Those are Argentinian Pesos, few time ago it was the equivalent to 20$us, then devalued to 10$us now is close to 4$us. That country is a complete mess now.

>>532084
The guy is literally a scammer, a swindler, is selling free stuff to incautious people.
>>
>>532085
So start selling them for $1, on the same commercial sites he uses. That way you have much better chances to destroy his business.
>>
Perhaps you should get intestinal worms, where's the problem?
>>
>>532087
Not going to sell something I did not create. unlike You, I am not a free loather
>>
>>532092
send it to the creator and stop when the seller folds
>>
>>532084
I once bought tickets to see the Cave at Emptor. Turns out that there is no such place and I want my money back.
>>
>>532092
>>532095

I think that was intended for the person who actually created it?

>>532087
reminds me of taobao, literally dozens of different people selling the same thing including the original creator.
>>
>>532005
Damn man, i'm really sorry to hear from this. I probably live near this asshole. As one fo the replies says 40 ARS is really nothing. But you're rght, selling stuff that you steal online for any price is absolute trash.
Let me help you a bit:
I don't knwo if you can visualize the page on english, if you can you should do the following.
Click on "Denunciar" then choose the option that says "otros" and then select "creo que e sun intento de fraude".
Then in the blank space bellow write this "Este material es robado de otros sitios web (If you can, put here a link to the site from where the guy is stealing the plans) en los que este material se ofrece de manera gratuita acorde a como lo desea su autor original. La persona intentando realizar la venta no es el autor original del producto, ni posee el permiso respectivo de tal para realizar dicha accion o cualquier otra accion comercial relacionada a este material."
I don't know if they can take it down and not allow the guy to post it again. But i guess that at least that message should take down that post.
I'm really sorry that an asshole like that is daring to steal your work.
God damn i really dislike this country.
I hope that can be of any help. :/
>>
>>532084
If something's available fir free it doesn't mean that you have any right to steal it. That's why we have copyright laws. IT is true that some people take advantage of that and sometimes those laws can be very stupid. But if you're a small artist without a silo of money ready to sue any bitch who wants to steal your stuff, what the hell can you do to defend your ideas and creations?
>>
>>532305
My point is: when something is truly free in the public domain, with no strings attached, that usually includes commercial usage. One of the reasons Linux is successful is that you _can_ earn money with it, tons of distros survive by charging for installation CDs (well nowadays not really anymore), support etc. Or think of publishing houses which keep books from classical/dead authors in stock.

Ultimately it depends on the license the creator wants for his work. And sure, if he explicitly forbids commercial usage, then so be it. On the other hand, personally I'm ok with people using my stuff, even commercially, because that simply means more people will enjoy it.
>>
>>532314
I found the thieve.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.