[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Random Acts of Origami

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8

File: tulip-2-300.jpg (12KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
tulip-2-300.jpg
12KB, 300x300px
hey guys,
I'm looking for a rather simple origami designs, especially for rectangular paper, varying in complexity.

I made it a habit to make cranes of a bus tickets while traveling, but it got boring soon, so I started with the tulips out of two squares and leaving them on the bus.

This is a nice habit, but I wish to make different designs and wanted to ask you guys

do you have similar habits of leaving origami at random places?
What do you make? Do you know any simple, yet good looking designs for this?

Thank you
>>
is this your creation?
>>
>>527922
sort of, photo is not mine, but I made many of these on the bus rides, just put origami tulip into youtube and you'll surely find it
>>
>>527922
>>527930
It's not OP's/your creation, because OP/you did not invented it.
>>
>>527916
I do the same with bus tickets (or at least I did, my city's moved to an electronic card for public transport now). It brought me some sort of melancholy joy to think of someone finding it, even if it was just the cleaner.
>>
spiders, mr yoshizawa's peacock
won park and others use bills
>>
>>527951
thank you for clarification, that was what I was trying to say
>>
File: istock_post_it.jpg (14KB, 400x265px) Image search: [Google]
istock_post_it.jpg
14KB, 400x265px
>>527952
exactly what I was doing back at home, but since I moved to the bigger city, I am used to carrying post-it notes (the colorful non-sticky kind) and make cranes or tulips out of them.

>>527953
those look way too complex for regular bus rides, but thanks, I'll check them out
>>
>>527916
yeah, I do this.
i started leaving foxes from the other thread and it's kinda fun way to spend my commute.

I am usually leaving cranes or paper stars or handing them to children.

i remember a girl on the bus stop who found my crane, she just smiled in a surprise, looked around a bit and took it, it was a nice feel. Have been doing that muchmore since then.
>>
>>527916

I do this at almost every restaurant I eat at, around the workplace, etc. Anyplace that someone is working hard or I'm just folding, there is a constant stream of origami left in my wake.

I don't know how many waiters and waitresses I've now left behind cranes, lillies and once a T-rex. Once gave a stripper a crane when I was dragged into a bachelor party. It confused the hell out of her, but pretty sure she never got that from someone else.

Hell, I just made a couple flowers out of other flowers that I'm going to give to people at Massage Envy tomorrow night just because they tend to treat the girlfriend and I pretty well. I still leave tips and take care of people, but an origami tends to just brighten days.

A Lotus also does wonders if you get good at not ripping the petals.

I'm not sure about the rectangular shaped paper, unfortunately, as I carry about 70 sheets of square 3x3 on me a lot. Ever since my parents found out I'm into origami they buy me two or three packs every birthday or holiday. It's kind of awesome and one of these days I'm gonna do the thousand crane challenge thing... for now I'm working on a bouquet for the girlfriend.
>>
Well how did you even make this rose thing?
>>
>>528550
it's a tulip and as explained above, it's quite simple and there are many tutorials, here's a vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=na4XF5zVn6w
>>
>>528453
I love you, man, keep up the good work and spread the /po/ love.

also, just tried lotus and tore it apart in frustration
>>
File: 2237495536_8cf0f3525e[1].jpg (24KB, 355x375px) Image search: [Google]
2237495536_8cf0f3525e[1].jpg
24KB, 355x375px
>>527916
David brill has a 1:2 origami flower that works great for long reciepts
There was a minimalistic cat by guspath go (gl finding instructions) that's fun to make with post its
There's also a popular dragon made from a bird base that you could find

If you really want to get intense, and have time to kill, Robert lang's origami insects I and II can be fun to leave around. My favorites were the hercules beetle from I and the gracilicornus and flying grasshopper from II.
>>
File: Cube Cat.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Cube Cat.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>529147
I have instructions.
Have fun folding it :)
>>
>>529171
Just made this, convoluted as fuck diagram but I got it after much denial and error.

Thanks Rick!
>>
>>529201
The more familiar you get with it, the simpler it gets. A lot of that precreasing is uneccesary
>>
>>529171
Just tried this, I don't think this is a good origami to do randomly on a bus.
Also, I fucked up something on the neck, my cat looks up, I should retry this.
>>
>>529202
Oh yeah, could do it a ton easier now.

>>529203
Agreed. Waterbomb base butterflies are stupid quick to bomb out.
>>
Are you me? I love making cranes and leaving them every where I think the same who every finds it can't be angry right? Like sure you will through it away but how often do you see one. I just like making then a lot but I only make them when I am sad.
>>
>>530758
But, what if they got attacked by a crane at some point and it triggers them!?!?!!!
Check your paper privilege
>>
>>530794
Kek
>>
File: 20150522_152554.jpg (2MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
20150522_152554.jpg
2MB, 2560x1920px
I started doing such mini flowers giving them to waitresses before leaving
>>
>>531519
can has cp?
>>
This thread makes me smile.

I keep a pill bottle full of paper stars in my purse that I leave with my tip after eating at a restaurant when the waitress/waiter is sincerely friendly. I've given them to my chiropractor, too.

>>531519
This is beautiful. How do you make it?
>>
File: stars travel box.jpg (58KB, 427x569px) Image search: [Google]
stars travel box.jpg
58KB, 427x569px
>>531528
me too!

i keep this box full of stars and stripes of paper and whenever I'm bored and travelling, I start making paper stars and leave them around. I also keep a few other origami in it for children and extra nice people. The box is really practical and makes me feel better when I think
of people finding my stars around. It became such a nice habit and lifts my mood everytime. I probably left like a thousand around the city already and got a friend into doing the same thing. I'll probably do this all my life.
>>
Éric joisels swan is a good one. It's a variation of the crane that is beautiful and easy to remember
>>
File: blue tree star.jpg (92KB, 392x523px) Image search: [Google]
blue tree star.jpg
92KB, 392x523px
also, I can't believe this thread is still alive from months ago when I made it. Feels good.

Here's a paper star from the other day for you
>>
I usually leave my little paper dragons EVERYWHERE. My teacher back in highschool had a small culmination of my dragons.
I also liked to leave behind modular cubes as well.
>>
>>533016
how do you make these paper dragons, I'd love to know!
>>
>>533016
>>533019
I too am interested in paper dragons
>>
>>527952

This is my first time on this board and I see this post. Used to do the exact same thing with wee cranes. a simple pleasure.
>>
>>>>532997
nice.

i have like, thousands of paper stars i've gathered over the years. Any ideas what to do with them? Would love to give them away to as many people as possible, but can't bother just throw them around..
>>
i used to make swans for people by random. cool thing to do
>>
File: LilyRed_l.gif (61KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
LilyRed_l.gif
61KB, 400x400px
A lily would be a good thing to make

very simple and easy for beginners
>>
Huh, I thought I was the only one who use to do this. I'd make origami crows out of whatever was around and leave them in places.
>>
>>534854
nope
>>
I've been doing this for a while now, just to see what I can make out of random paper products around me. I was calling it "public displays of origami". My friends expect it of me now.

One works at a book store and was having a book drive for a local elementary school, so I donated one of these Star Wars Paper Wars books (origami themed SW book for kids). She asked me to make something to go with the book, so I whipped out my wallet and threw three bucks on the counter, that I then folded into an Imperial Star Destroyer and two TIE Fighters, much to the delight of her cute and nerdy coworkers. This seems to be an everyday thing for me now.
>>
>>534958
did you banged the girl after that ?
>>
>>534960
No, I didn't. I don't get to bang about 99% of the girls I meet, which I feel pretty ambivalent about.
>>
lotus are fun
>>
I just want to say tell OP that this thread has inspired me to get back into origami. used to be decent but i stopped because i never had any time. Now i'm headed back to uni after a break and i thought it'd be kinda cute/fun to leave small paper origami stuff around campus. i have a ton of post-it notes that seem to work fine for what i can remember to do (diamonds and cranes). any tips to working with post-its? the sticky side is proving to be annoying sometimes if i don't start the fold in just the right place.
>>
>>535113
Also what are some quick small things I can make? i want to be able to fold a few different things. Cranes can get boring after awhile.
>>
>>535113
the non-sticky post-it notes exist, even very colorful ones, try to get those.
>>
I like this thread.

This seems like it could be a fun thing to do if one has a little free time in between activities.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.