[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how is this even possible?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8

File: Screenshot (152).png (26KB, 758x301px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (152).png
26KB, 758x301px
how is this even possible?
>>
>browsing "comparison" sites
>>
>>3144617
i want to buy a camera and you know i shouldn't trust /p/ for consumer decision
>>
>>3144618
/p/ is kino when talking about compacts.

also
>browsing "comparison" sites
>>
>>3144618
You get what you deserve.
>>
>large m43
>large APS-C
>
>>
I Agree with this. The viewfinder is imperative for street in my experience.
>>
>>3144676
You have very little experience then.
Snap focus and judging focus distance is more important than stabilization and viewfinder.
Also the GR has a compact design while sporting an excellent and fast lens. You put a lens on the EM10 even if it's a pancake it is already much larger than the GR.
>>
>>3144624
apsc is barely larger and both are gimped shit. i don't get why anyone shoots less than ff nowadays
>>
>>3144730
STOP MEMEING YOU FUCK
>>
>>3144700
Stabilization and viewfinders are very important for street shooting dumb fuck
Sometimes it's sunny and you can't see the screen, and often you find yourself taking shots while walking
>>
>>3144616
Lack of IS and tilting screen are valid points, that shit's useful for street snaps. And GR is four years old by now.

>91%
>57%
This is just some arbitrary bullshit though. Also if you want street photography on m43, get a gx85, it's got all of the same in a smaller body and a silent shutter option.
>>
File: P1020164.jpg (410KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
P1020164.jpg
410KB, 1200x1600px
>>3144700
>Snap focus and judging focus distance is more important

If you're sticking to traditional technique, yes. But touchscreen focusing combined with a lens that can focus near-instantly does replace zone focusing very well.
>>
The camera on the right is worthless as soon as the sun blinds the only LCD screen is has.
>>
>>3144700
>putting a lens on the camera
>literally throwing away max wide angle potential
>street photo
Ya blew it
>>
>>3144730
>barely larger
>literally double the size

>>3144742
>Stabilization
It really isn't
>>
>>3144923
>apshit-c double the size of meme4/3

lolno
>>
File: DHGCRJ8UAAA0WKl.jpg (203KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
DHGCRJ8UAAA0WKl.jpg
203KB, 1200x800px
>>3144616
>how is this even possible?

I know right?

Yoy don't often expect those camera comparison sites to get things right.
>>
>>3144951
I'm not that fag, but apsc is considerably larger than m43

>Its area, ca. 220 mm2, is approximately 30% less than the quasi-APS-C sensors used in other manufacturers' DSLRs

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Micro_Four_Thirds_system

So, I guess 30% less area isn't exactly half, but it certainly isn't nothing.

You can't just look at a superimposition of sensor size and say "well, that m43 looks to be about 90% of the size of that apsc, so I'll just go with that"
>>
Compared to both apsc > ff (almost and 1" > mft, the difference between apsc and mft is negligible. People talk about the physics argument but that really only would apply in cases where everything else is equal, which isn't not the case. If you really care about the benefits of sensor size then you are getting ff anyways.

.t medium format shitter
>>
>>3144788
Except the GX85 is bigger and less ergonomic
>>
>>3144796
>focus near-instantly
>can't focus preemptively unless you get a lens with a scale
>even then the scale is useless

No autofocus is better than being able to focus before even pointing the camera.
Even then, Lelympus Pen's AF in low light is appalling, even compared to decade-old beginner DSLR's.
>>
>>3145173
You CAN focus pretty much any modern camera preemptively, as long as it can be put in MF mode and can have a dedicated AF-ON button. Just point it at any object at desired distance.

> Lelympus Pen's AF in low light is appalling
Shouldn't be worse than Fuji and Sony, and those manage just fine.
Not to mention that snap focus in low light isn't all too useful, since you can't just stay at f/8 and need to pre-focus much more precisely.
>>
>>3145144
GX85 is similar in size, but doesn't have the protruding fake prism and is easier to pack into a bag or a coat pocket.
>>
>>3145291
It's not a fake prism, it's for the viewfinder. Even if it's an EVF, it still takes up space as well. Sony does the prism too, if i'm not mistaken
>>
File: IMG_3265.jpg (268KB, 900x751px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3265.jpg
268KB, 900x751px
>>3145291
Both are almost the same size. But E-M10 has better ergonomics.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeSONY
Camera ModelDSC-RX100M4
Camera SoftwarePhotoScape
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.8
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)60 mm
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution350 dpi
Vertical Resolution350 dpi
Image Created2015:08:24 08:52:30
Exposure Time1/15 sec
F-Numberf/2.8
Exposure ProgramAperture Priority
ISO Speed Rating400
Brightness-0.3 EV
Exposure Bias-0.3 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length22.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width5472
Image Height3648
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>3144700
>28mm
>excellent
maybe if you like meme-wide photos you fuck
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (113KB, 1600x1066px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
113KB, 1600x1066px
>>3144951
Aps-c is about half of a Full frame
Four Thirds is about half of Aps-c
1" is about half of Four Thirds
Who gives a shit about 1/3.2"

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2015 (Windows)
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2017:09:05 23:59:58
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width1600
Image Height1066
>>
File: ZURVFUPWCUP.jpg (117KB, 1024x684px) Image search: [Google]
ZURVFUPWCUP.jpg
117KB, 1024x684px
I need Ricoh to get pop-up EVF, tilt screen, better sensor + AF, and IS in a new GR. Sony can provide the parts and Ricoh can do everything else. Those pop-up EVFs are kino.
>>
>>3145707
>being this wrong
The new GR needs the lense, aperture dial, OVF and IR-beam AF of the original GR and a 24mp ff sensor and literally nothing else.
IS is an energy sucking meme
>>
>>3145094
The difference is one stop, just like the difference between aps-c and full frame
>>
>>3145707
Those thing are just gonna ruin street photography. With ovf, evf, touch screen, etc etc it's gonna make you be extra careful when holding the camera, that's not the direction that Ricoh wants to take.
>>
Using image stablization as a metric for quality is like comparing cameras Auto modes. shouldn't matter to anyone who knows how to tog properly
>>
>>3145712
GR doesn't need FF. What's the point of better IQ in a GR?
>>
>>3145726
wtf?! You're directly transferring sensor size to stops?
This is "equivalent aperture" bullshit taken to the max.
>>
>>3145815
I didn't say touchscreen or OVF. There's no problem with a pop-up EVF since you can keep it closed.
>>3145712
>being this wrong
So you want to pay $3000 for a compact camera? Just get the Sony.
>>
28mm is smartphone wide. I literally use my Pixel phone when I find my nifty 50 not wide enough.
>>
>>3144616
/p/ doesn't know shit about actually using a camera.
They wank over Datasheets and Megapickles, but in the end, they rather sit at home and shitpost rather than create something with their hands.
>>
File: IMG-20170906-WA0009.jpg (121KB, 747x1328px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170906-WA0009.jpg
121KB, 747x1328px
>>3145991
I've not been out shooting in a week now and I can feel the gearfaggotry coming back. Need to get out tomorrow.
>>
>>3145817
Uh, what? IS changes literally nothing skill-wise, it just replaces the 1/f rule with a 10/f rule.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.