[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Buying into the Fuji GFX system. Should I do this? Anyone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: DSC09651_fujifilmhandson2.jpg (64KB, 590x393px) Image search: [Google]
DSC09651_fujifilmhandson2.jpg
64KB, 590x393px
Buying into the Fuji GFX system.

Should I do this?
Anyone here with a GFX 50s?

pros:
-Medium format rendition and focus fall of
-best microcontrast of any under 10k cam I seen so far
-best skin tones on any under 10k cam
https://www.dpreview.com/reviews/studiocompare.asp
-best color rendition
-unbelievable dynamic range
https://www.dpreview.com/news/9402203921/nikon-d5-shows-drop-in-dynamic-range
even the A7rII looks bad in comaprison
-huge evf, .85 magnification with 4millions dots
-as small and light as an pro DSLR
-buying into a promising new system, they were already talking about 100mp version and true Medium Format (like Phase on)
-has so much usable resolution that I can crop into sensors and safe on lenses, e.g only have the 35mm equivalent and if I need 50mm eq I can just crop right on the cam.
-can adapt old Medium format lenses
cons:
-huge files
-slow focus speed
-no native capture one support, I need to convert the raw files which adds time to the work flow
-resolves so much detail that each little skin imperfection on the model is seen, which increases postprocessing time
-expensive body and lenses
-no 4k recording although I can imagine that they will add it with a firmware update, just like they did with the x-pro2
-slow 1/125 flash sync
-bigger lenses compared to fullframe
-no IBIS (only sony and pentax can offer that in full frame anyway)
-small lens selection
-small third part accessories selection (the original battery grip is 600$ wtf, no chinese knock off available yet)

So anons should I do it sell all my sony gear and switch to the Fuji?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeSONY
Camera ModelILCE-6300
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.8
Image-Specific Properties:
Exposure Time1/100 sec
F-Numberf/5.6
ISO Speed Rating6400
Lens Aperturef/5.6
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length55.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
>>
>>3143754
If you're going into it from a 35mm system, I'd really recommend trying it first. It's a phenomenal camera- but in MF at least, you've gotta buy whatever suits you.

A few points:

>>buying into a promising new system, they were already talking about 100mp version and true Medium Format (like Phase on)

this isn't quite true- look at the sensor in terms of the body. They're not going to be able to squeeze any more mms in, and the lenses are optimised for 33x44 afaik. Similar thing to Hassy's X1D.

>> no 4k recording although I can imagine that they will add it with a firmware update, just like they did with the x-pro2

Don't hold your breath for this on the current gen 50mp CMOS sensors. It's really nothing to write home about on the hasselblad- hardware isn't quite there yet to make it a compelling video camera.

>> slow 1/125 flash sync

Is this important to you? For some people (and most I know who have gotten into MF), this is super important.

>> slow focus speed

Haha this is true of literally every single MF camera- it's a very different shooting experience.
>>
>>3143754
How much do you earn in a month with photography? How are you paying for it?
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.