[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's talk about social media as it pertains to photography

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: SocialMediaMarketing.jpg (91KB, 860x484px) Image search: [Google]
SocialMediaMarketing.jpg
91KB, 860x484px
Let's talk about social media as it pertains to photography and sharing your work with others/marketing yourself. Is instagram the be all end all social media site for photographers? Are flickr, facebook pages, tumblr etc antiquated relics of the past or do they still have a place? How do you even use instagram? If you travel somewhere and took 300+ photos, do you mass upload a shit ton of photos (after doing you basic culling routine of course). Or do you use instagram more like a pseudo portfolio and only uploading a handful of your very best work?
>>
>>3143730
>Is instagram the be all end all social media site for photographers?

As of right now, Yes. However, IG has it in their financial interest to make it more and more difficult for the users to get their content out to a wide audience. They want it to be more difficult, so you consider spending money on advertising with them. So it's great for right now, but something can pop up in the future to replace it, and it will probably look very similar.

>Are flickr, facebook pages, tumblr etc antiquated relics of the past or do they still have a place?

I haven't uploaded to flickr in 5 years, I haven't uploaded to FB in like 2 years. I dumped facebook because they got too greedy, and made it impossible to run a page without spending money on advertisement. IG is going the exact same way right now though.

>How do you even use instagram?
I use it to post my best photos, with the end goal of getting my photos shared by a larger page or getting to be one of the top posts in a hashtag

>If you travel somewhere and took 300+ photos, do you mass upload a shit ton of photos (after doing you basic culling routine of course). Or do you use instagram more like a pseudo portfolio and only uploading a handful of your very best work?

DO NOT dump all of your shit. Why would you show terrible snapshits? Only show your best work at any given time. posting 5 good photos is better than posting 295 shitty photos and only 5 good ones, nobody will look through all your photos. And don't dump them all at once. Post once a day at most if you have the material to do that. I personally post once per week
>>
Any suggestions on good bots to use to gain more followers?
>>
File: what-is-flickr.jpg (164KB, 1914x1605px) Image search: [Google]
what-is-flickr.jpg
164KB, 1914x1605px
Do people actually use flickr, I'm thinking about making one but it seems like a useless platform

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS5 (12.0x20100115 [20100115.m.998 2010/01/15:02:00:00 cutoff; m branch]) Windows
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2012:09:20 14:42:54
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width1914
Image Height1605
>>
>instagram
Shitstogram, why the fuck hipsters keep using it? Tiny image size, tag spam, no actual lens/exif information. It's shitty shit for hipster filters lovers.
>>
>>3144806
I use flickr as an online storage for my photos. It's a good way to organize photos into albums and what not. I don't use it to interact with the community or anything. You're basically a fisherman at a fish market trying to sell fish to a bunch of other fishermen.
>>
I'm gearfag and using flickr to dig into lens samples. You can find any vintage lens group here.
>>
>>3144812
cause what's better for getting shots out there to the general plebs hm?

it sucks but its the best of the worst
>>
>>3143730
I use instagram to impress the normies
>>
Anyone here use bots to mass like comments? Best way to go about it to avoid getting shadowbanned?
>>
>>3143739
I usually post quite a few photos even if I know they're not my best, just so I can post everyday and get people to come to my profile. Then I'll archive or delete the mediocre ones so people coming in the future won't see them
>>
>>3144817
this is p much all it's good for anymore
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.