[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A7 mk 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_6758.jpg (29KB, 620x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6758.jpg
29KB, 620x400px
Is it possible to achieve or come close to shooting video and pics that look as amazing and vivid as this movie (Alien Covenant), with my A7 mk 2? Lens requirements? Settings? Newfag here, be nice pls and thank.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width620
Image Height400
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
>>3140854
yes, if scenes from the avengers was shot on the 5D2, the A72 is more than what you'll need to achieve a simple scene like that.
>>
>>3140854
your camera certainly has the capacity to capture images that look cinematic, but you have to learn cinematography first (i don't mean to sound sassy but it really is that simple)
learn about lighting and composition and practice practice practice
>>
>>3140854
I would say yes, to an extent. It will take you a LOOONG time to get to that point. And the difference with the cameras they use is that there is so much data flowing through there in a RAW video format that they can do a lot more with the footage. In the screenshot you provided, for example, in the original footage I can bet you the footage is actually brightly lit, you can clearly see the actors faces, but when they color the footage, they darken it, color it very heavily etc. That kind of coloring isn't really possible with an a72, so you'd have to shoot your footage to look very similar to how you want the final product to look in terms of exposure.

If you really want to learn to shoot, just grab a friend and do a little day trip each weekend out somewhere, film the trip, and make a little 30 second video to some good music to practice shooting with a purpose, editing, and learn to do basic coloring. That will make you learn really fast.

>>3140855
Come on man, don't believe that meme. Yeah, maybe a scene or two, but it was a minor pick up shot for something small. It's just not possible, simply because those movie are output at 4k res, a 5dmk2 video will look like complete ass on a big screen. One of my friends actually made a movie that was put in theaters, and they filmed some shots that required a small camera because of confined spaces, and when I watched the movie at the theatre it was painfully obvious which scenes used it.
>>
>>3140854
in terms of importance when trying to achive a ~*Look*~

lighting and color grading > camera or lens specs
>>
File: 20120509_hiRes_avengers_9.jpg (106KB, 660x438px) Image search: [Google]
20120509_hiRes_avengers_9.jpg
106KB, 660x438px
>>3140855
>>3140953

>Yeah, maybe a scene or two, but it was a minor pick up shot for something small

Want to correct this statement. I just looked it up. They were literally just cameras that were cheap enough to blow up and not give a shit about damaging for a half second clip

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS5.1 Windows
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2012:05:08 14:57:04
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width660
Image Height438
>>
Wow good stuff guys thanks!!
>>
Also, what is the best lens for the mk2? Running a sony 1.8 50mm right now and kinda not impressed so far...

Equipment MakeSONY
Camera ModelILCE-7M2
Camera SoftwareILCE-7M2 v3.30
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.8
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)50 mm
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution350 dpi
Vertical Resolution350 dpi
Image Created2017:08:28 19:45:06
Exposure Time1/60 sec
F-Numberf/4.0
Exposure ProgramNormal Program
ISO Speed Rating125
Brightness4.3 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length50.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width640
Image Height428
RenderingCustom
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>3140854
More importantly than a massive gear phallus syndrome, you'll need understanding of light and colour.
>>
>>3141778
zeiss 55 1.8
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.