[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the best budget option for underwater photography? Do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: m_001.jpg (78KB, 400x266px) Image search: [Google]
m_001.jpg
78KB, 400x266px
What is the best budget option for underwater photography?
Do those zip lock bags type things actually work?
Are there any reliable but cheap (under 50) housings?

I have a canon 1d mk 3 , 600d and a fuji xpro1, what would the most suitable out of these be?

Underwater thread.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2017 Macintosh
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution96 dpi
Vertical Resolution96 dpi
Image Created2017:02:12 15:22:21
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width400
Image Height266
>>
Depends on who makes the best budget case my dude.
>>
>>3140637
>best budget option for underwater photography?

A gopro Hero5 is a retard proof all in one solution for basic underwater photography. a lot of my friends who go on dive trips just use gopros since they're purpose built to work alright underwater. What you give up is the flexibility that a DSLR brings to the table; what you gain is reliability and simplicity. Also they're p cheap.
>>
>>3140831
Already have a gopro but as you said it lacks the ability to use different lenses.
>>
Budget options? AW1, Olympus tough, or a Nikonos.
>>
>>3140637
i dont get why this pic is so famous, it gives me almost nothing
>>
File: here fishy fishy fishy.jpg (31KB, 355x328px) Image search: [Google]
here fishy fishy fishy.jpg
31KB, 355x328px
>>3140637
>What is the best budget option for underwater photography?

Underwater disposable camera
>>
>>3140836
Underwater housings have their limitations too. That said I believe Canon make underwater housings for their G-series point and shoots. Presumably they would allow the zoom function to work within them.
>>
>>3140637
>What is the best budget option for underwater photography?

Best option I've found was to pick up a cheap Sony NEX C3 and equally cheap hard case for it. It was cheaper to do that than to buy a hard case for my real camera (5D Mark III).

>Do those zip lock bags type things actually work?

Yes, with a couple of caveats:

1. Especially if you're using a good camera or a good lens, it is stressful as hell because they LOOK shoddy and cheap. Because, you know, they are. But I was never actually able to trust the one that I had.
2. They're bulky as shit and don't have a lot in the way of accessible control points, which means there are a lot of times you'll need to take the camera out of the water and out of the bag to change a setting. Super annoying and fucks up the flow of the shoot.
3. It's not just a big zip lock bag full of camera. It's a big zip log bag full of camera AND AIR. It's gonna try to suck you back up out of the water. I ended up having to bring along a 15lb kettelbell when I went shooting with it just so I could keep myself under the water long enough to get a picture.

>Are there any reliable but cheap (under 50) housings?

No. Even the "cheap" option I mentioned above, the housing was on the order of $130.

>I have a canon 1d mk 3 , 600d and a fuji xpro1, what would the most suitable out of these be?

Your best bet on finding a cheap hard case would be the XPro1, just because it's small.

Whichever you try for, make sure you have a wide angle lens. The index of refraction in water is different from the index of refraction in air, which effectively works like a crop factor. I shoot with a 16mm on my Sony (~25mm equiv) and it feels more like a normal than like a wide.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.