[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best smartphone for photography?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8

Best smartphone for photography?
>>
I honestly wonder how many trolls are on this board. Is it all one person or several?
>>
The one you have with you
>>
File: WP_20141011_013.jpg (2MB, 3072x1728px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20141011_013.jpg
2MB, 3072x1728px
>>3140193
Nokia lumia 1020.
Best camera phone I ever used.
>>
File: WP_20140328_22_57_25_Pro.jpg (2MB, 3552x2000px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20140328_22_57_25_Pro.jpg
2MB, 3552x2000px
>>3141650
Yep. I had one and although it was a shit phone in regards to even handling all the data going through it, also with the knock-off social media apps too, it took some pretty darn good pictures.

If I did have 1020, that's the fucken brick sized phone isn't it?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeNokia
Camera ModelLumia 925
Camera SoftwareWindows Phone
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Exposure Time10001/250000 sec
F-Numberf/2.0
ISO Speed Rating640
Lens Aperturef/2.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeAverage
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash, Auto
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width3552
Image Height2000
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
>>3141650
the sea makes me wanna fucking kill myself
>>
>>3141680
lmaoo

but yeah that sea looks disgusting.
gringo beaches = LOL
>>
>>3141680
the ocean frightens me. I don't know whats in the depths of the abyss and I don't wanna know.
>>
best fridge for race driving?
>>
>>3141650
That level horizon tho
>>
>>3140193
I read this yesterday.

https://photographylife.com/are-smartphones-threatening-the-camera-industry

good camera phone pics, and even raw coming but they cant be blown up big apparently.
>>
>>3140193
iPhone.
Not joking, Android phones have mostly software upgrades while Apple develops their software along with the camera hardware, and they only choose the best lens available for their cameras.
Even if lower megapickles the iPhones have vastly superior image quality over Android phones.
>>
>>3141650
>>3141676
those photos look like shit desu
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (919KB, 1280x1709px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
919KB, 1280x1709px
Cell phone cameras look like cell phone cameras. Can you tell which of these was a cell phone?
>>
>>3141905
go away.
>>
>>3141905
To be honest, smartphone cameras improved a lot in recent years.
>>
Always a lot of hate in these threads but I also see so many people here using a 5,000 set up to take 35mm shots that are shrunk to 600 pixels on instagram.
If instagram is where you shots will end up, I'd go with the OPPO R9S. My mate has one and I played around doing comparison shots with my new galaxy and there's almost no difference. Aside from the fact his phone was a third of the price of mine
>>
>>3141905
If I had to guess, id say the top one assuming they've been edited. Colours don't look natural. Colours are awful in both and neither look good so it's hardly an advertisement for either.
>>
>>3141847
>iPhone has best camera
Is it 2011 again?
>>
File: 982pA1C_u18chan.png (502KB, 1080x692px) Image search: [Google]
982pA1C_u18chan.png
502KB, 1080x692px
>Go on muh photography sites
>See a snapshit
>EXIF data says Apple iPhone6
>>
>>3140193
Regular interviews usually discuss this at length, if you want a smartphone with a camera rather than a camera with smartphone functionality it's usually just the "flagships" on the high end that have the "best" cameras 'cause that usually is almost the main feature apart from bragging rights that people can even get for their money.

That said, if you want nice photos, get a decent IL camera. Due to lens and sensor size issues and so on, smartphones aren't even really in the same league as relatively entry level MILC / DSLR with midrange lenses for most photos.
>>
>>3141929
The bottom is a current gen Pixel. It is flexible and reliable, but nothing you would shoot a wedding with. I really have nothing against cell phone cameras, but there's only so much you can get out of those sensors

>>3141970
Both basically out of camera from a color standpoint. Top is what Adobe does to the files from that body. Pushes green.
>>
>>3140193
>guys, what is the best tasting turd to eat?
>>
>>3141975
if you dislike cameraphones you are a poser.
>>
LG V30.
>>
iPhone.

Good camera, best in camera processing.
Android a shit.
>>
>>3142560
This

iPhones noise-grain looks better
>>
>>3142560
>Android a shit.
Android is not a phone maker, just an OS.
>>
>>3142560
>>3142576

I've had HTCs and LGs over the past years and recently switched to iPhones but I have to say, the camera of the LG G5 can't be beaten by the iPhone camera. I do prefer the colours of the iPhone slightly but the resolution and low-light performance is no match against the G5's capabilities.

To OP: Have a look at the LG G6 and the Huawei P10.
>>
>>3142544
from what i'm seeing.. this.
too bad i'll never buy one because fuck LG. Had two devices bootloop in under a year they didn't honor the warranty
>>
>>3144492
Had an LG bootloop literally on the last day of warranty - immediately refunded that POS and got a pixel. Never looking back.
>>
>>3142601
hurrr durrrr
>>
>>3145088
Might as well ask here instead of making a new thread for something stupid.
What can be done to make smartphone pictures look less shit? I just got a new phone that has a decently better camera than my last one's potato quality mess, and I wouldn't mind some tips for the occasional pictures I'll take. I don't expect the quality of a regular camera, but there's bound to be some methods for making the pictures turn out at least somewhat better, right? The phone can also save raw images, for what it's worth, and I don't mind dicking around with editing them on my computer if it makes the image better.
>>
>>3146284
There are mobile editors that are quite capable if you don't need to do super precise retouching stuff. I think most people use Snapseed on here.
>>
>>3146289
Just gave that a quick test and it seems to work fairly well.
Thanks
>>
Just buy cheap phones like Moto G5 and spend the rest of the money to buy nice camera
>>
Most phone cameras have a small Sony sensor. Till phone start implementing mirrorless form factor, they'll be up to DSLR standards.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeApple
Camera ModeliPhone 6
Camera SoftwareVSCO
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)29 mm
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2017:09:03 08:39:44
Exposure Time1/3968 sec
F-Numberf/2.2
Exposure ProgramNormal Program
ISO Speed Rating32
Lens Aperturef/2.2
Brightness11.7 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length4.15 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width2448
Image Height3264
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
>>3140193
samsung galaxy k zoom
>>
>>3142560
/thread
>>
File: 5QdW2bA.png (266KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
5QdW2bA.png
266KB, 460x276px
I haven't tried any other phones but this looks like a good thread to ask-

How does the Nexus 5X hold up vs other smartphones for camera? I'm blown away by how vivid and clear the shots are and they tend to match my Sony a5000 DSLR in some places (which is almost identical to the a6000) and at a faster turn-around speed.

If it weren't for control over aperture, exposure, etc I'd shoot with my phone all the time.

Anyone used it and other phones and have a comparison?
>>
File: CQRgxr-WEAAHbEX.png (86KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
CQRgxr-WEAAHbEX.png
86KB, 600x450px
>>3141687
>>
>>3146369
What?
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.