[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DSLR vs Mirrorless

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

DSLR or Mirrorless?
>>
Shitposting, every time.
>>
>>3139640
medium format film rangefinder, duh.
>>
Ya, film rangefinder
>>
The one you have with you.
>>
File: L1000067 - Copy.jpg (192KB, 1200x799px) Image search: [Google]
L1000067 - Copy.jpg
192KB, 1200x799px
Digital rangefinder.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeLeica Camera AG
Camera ModelM9 Digital Camera
Camera Software1.210
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.0
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)50 mm
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2017:08:19 12:53:31
Exposure Time1/125 sec
Exposure ProgramAperture Priority
ISO Speed Rating160
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeCenter Weighted Average
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length50.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width1200
Image Height799
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
Unique Image ID00000000000000000000000000002c7b
>>
Mirrorless is the future.
>>
Both = TLR

Also, tfw no DTLR
>>
>>3139640
Doesn't really matter. Use whatever body is comfortable for you. For me, i'm not a pro, i'm just a hobbyist, i want the camera to be light and small but also as manual as DSLRs. The only acceptable reason to bring a huge ass camera and lenses out of the house is if you're really gonna hike the mountain to get that shot for your natgeo gig.
>>
>>3139728

Highly agree. I not a pro nether, just someone who want to take beautiful photos and my mirrorless fit in my coat's pocket.

You can take greats photos with a disposable camera if you know how to use it.
>>
If you're going out with your camera it needs to be in your hand. I like a camera with good ergonomics and a decent amount of heft. A camera that reacts fast and that I can walk around with all day without needing a wheelbarrow full of batteries. A gripped DSLR fits the bill nicely.

Pocketability is not a feature. Putting a camera in your pocket with all that pocket fluff and fragments of snotty tissue, with keys, coins and condoms is dumb and pointless. By the time you're ready to shoot the subject has gone. Slings and straps aren't much better although the strap that came in the box does come in useful for when you need to go for a piss in a public toilet.
>>
>>3139640
for all i know is there's no point in shooting rangefinder. looking through the lens IS photography. SLR was made to compensate for what the creators of rangefinder didn't think about. rangefinder is an outdated technology/mechanism, made by people who weren't smart enough to think about mirrors.

mirrorless is another thing. i think DSLR and mirrorless are the same thing now. basically you're looking at what the lens is actually seeing, and you're seeing what you're gonna get. some people despise EVF because they're too traditional to trust pixels, but ask yourself, are you okay with EVF? if you are, then just buy a mirrorless. you'll see how much confidence affects your way of shooting, because i understand how DSLRs can make you feel self conscious sometimes.
>>
>>3139727

I would love to see an ICL DTLR camera design
>>
>>3139728
>>3139742
>when babies have never used large format and think DSLRs are "huge ass camearas"

lmfao.
>>
>>3139647
this
>>
>>3139640
depends
>>
>>3139849
>actually being self unaware and bringing huge ass DSLR while on the street shooting macros of leaves like a fucking redditor
>>
The one that feels better in your hands.
>>
>>3139884
To normal people on the street, anything bigger than a smartphone is a huge ass camera.
>>
>>3139766
Great for you but not everyone is a street photographer. The are a lot of things that don't move and you can shoot.
>>
mirrorless
>>
>>3139913
>>Has never used fuckwin mirrorless and taken it into events that ban "DLSR cameras" without any problems.

feelsgoodman.jpg
>>
File: fujifilm_handson_11.jpg (251KB, 1333x1000px) Image search: [Google]
fujifilm_handson_11.jpg
251KB, 1333x1000px
Guys I can't stop thinking about how simple and sexy this camera is.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakePanasonic
Camera ModelDMC-G85
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Camera Raw 9.8 (Macintosh)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/5.3
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)72 mm
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2017:01:05 16:49:38
Exposure Time1/80 sec
F-Numberf/5.3
Exposure ProgramAperture Priority
ISO Speed Rating4000
Lens Aperturef/5.3
Exposure Bias-0.3 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length36.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Gain ControlHigh Gain Up
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>3139984
>street photographer
I'm not a street photographer, I'm a photographer
>>
>>3140154
Fuji lenses and bodies look like they're not well made
>>
>>3140154
I've always thought Fuji lenses look hideous. Even Chinese lenses have better styling than that. Shameful display, Fujifilm.
>>
>>3140235
>front aperture ring
guess how I know you're a gearfag that likes to look at cameras and not an artisan that likes to use them?
>>
>>3140240
t. 'tism.
>>
>>3140240
>aperture ring location says anything about anything

guess how I know you're a gearfag that likes to look at cameras and not an artisan that likes to use them?
>>
>>3140250
>no anon Ive never heard of ergonomics or usability heh I carry my camera in my jansport bag all the time anyway
>>
>>3140291
>there's an ergonomic disadvantage

You've never touched a camera in your life.
>>
>>3139647
>Not using an MF SLR

It's like you hate convenience
>>
File: DSLR vs mirrorless.jpg (161KB, 500x423px) Image search: [Google]
DSLR vs mirrorless.jpg
161KB, 500x423px
>>3140154
that's literally just an old film slr body
>>
>>3140154
I love my Xt10. XT20 can't be bad.
>>3140234

As for what you're saying, they may look a bit odd, but they're great quality. Pick up the Fuji 18-55 and compare it with a Canikon 18-55 lol.
>>
>>3140235
Sure. But having the aperture and focus ring on a different plane is very useful for using without looking.
>>
>>3141419
>Pick up the Fuji 18-55 and compare it with a Canikon 18-55 lol

The Fuji 18-55 focuses SO SLOWWWWWWW.

Looks neat though.
>>
>>3141420

The Fuji lenses are all focus-by-wire with acceleration. They are an absolute nightmare to manually focus.
>>
>>3141433
All digital cameras focus-by-wire, unless you use old manual lenses
>>
>>3141482

Maybe for entry level shit.

And many focus by wire lenses have a coupled focus wheel, instead of that accelerated shit like the fujis.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.