[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cameras and Gear for an Extended Roadtrip

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: Hot-Rod-Drag-Week.jpg (64KB, 800x455px) Image search: [Google]
Hot-Rod-Drag-Week.jpg
64KB, 800x455px
So in early September I'm going to be competing in HotRod magazine's Drag Week event. Basically it's a 1,000 mile, week long road trip with racing every day with 400+ cars.

Now, I'm trying to figure out what I should bring from my home, which will be 4,000 miles away (round trip excluding the race).

What gear should I bring to photograph all of this? My list of available gear will be posted below.
>>
My current plan has me bringing my OM-1 with a few lenses (the Zuiko 50mm 1.8, a Tamron 72mm 3.8 zoom, the Zuiko 50mm 75-200mm zoom, etc), my pair of Argus C3's, one with a Tele-Sandmar 100mm 4.5 lens, and another with the stock Cenitar 50mm 3.5, plus a flash assembly with flash bulbs for both cameras (sadly only 5 flash bulbs though)

I also will have a fun little Vivitar T101 plastic 35mm, and a Vivitar IC101 Panoramic camera to play with and bring along.

I'm contemplating bringing my owned by never used Minolta Maxxum 7000. I've got a couple of lenses for it, and a flash unit, but the fact that I'm not well versed with it troubles me.
>>
>>3139492
I have 8 rolls of Kodak Ultramax 400, 4 rolls of Fuji Superia X-TRA 400, and 4 rolls of Fujicolor 200.

I also have a single roll of Holga (Foma) 400 B&W film to play with, and I'm considering getting more for the Argus.

Any other things you think I should bring? A tripod maybe?
>>
Are you shooting for the magazine, or for yourself? If for yourself, bring whatever the fuck you want. I wouldn't bother bringing both the Argus and the OM-1. Just bring the OM-1 and pano camera. Maybe round out your OM lenses for what you might need. Maybe pick up a second OM-1 or other OM camera to have a different film and/or lens loaded.
>>
>>3139510
Photos are for me, but I intend to send them to their editor so they can do with them what they wish.

I want to bring the Argus set for shooting the vintage Gassers and other older cars, just because I could.

I'll see what lenses I can/should leave behind; I really don't want to be toting around 20lbs worth of gear.
>>
File: 1375754532575.jpg (2MB, 3900x2600px) Image search: [Google]
1375754532575.jpg
2MB, 3900x2600px
You'll want your zoomiest lens with you for anything to do with cars or racing.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 5D Mark II
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS5.1 Windows
Maximum Lens Aperturef/4.0
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2013:08:05 19:23:44
Exposure Time1/1000 sec
F-Numberf/10.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating800
Lens Aperturef/10.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Subject DistanceInfinity
Metering ModePattern
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length105.00 mm
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width3900
Image Height2600
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
>>3139555
You'll also want to not be a basic bitch fuccboi shooting cars at 1/1000.

Also, bring a polarizer.
>>
File: 1375750182957.jpg (2MB, 3900x2600px) Image search: [Google]
1375750182957.jpg
2MB, 3900x2600px
>>3139560
That's not my photo.

Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 5D Mark II
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS5.1 Windows
Maximum Lens Aperturef/4.0
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2013:08:05 17:20:43
Exposure Time1/640 sec
F-Numberf/4.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating100
Lens Aperturef/4.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Subject Distance6.51 m
Metering ModePattern
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length105.00 mm
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width3900
Image Height2600
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
>>3139560
I've got polarizer's for both my 50mm and my 72mm lenses, so I'm set there.
>>
why do you want to bring so much shit? Last time I spent a long weekend traveling for racing stuff, I took one SLR with a tele zoom, one 35mm-lens p&s, and a fast prime for the SLR.

less gear -> less fucking around, less shit to carry.
>>
>>3139593
'cause I'm gonna have a fuckload of downtime thanks to driving a (knock on wood) reliable car. And I really enjoy photography. Plus, I just want to mind fuck with some of the people there.
>>
You don't have to settle on just one camera or piece of equipment.
There is nothing stopping you from taking all of it and using whatever you feel like using once you're 'there'.

Equipment MakeApple
Camera ModeliPhone
Camera SoftwareVSCO
Image Created2017:08:27 00:10:06
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width1152
Image Height768
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.