[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why, /p/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: images.jpg (6KB, 204x204px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6KB, 204x204px
Why would you bother with taking photos? Is it your job? Do you do it so you can post them on social media and derive your self worth from likes? Do you make prints of them? Do you do it to make art? Do you just do it for yourself? Why do you do it /p/?
>>
>>3138632
Yes.
>>
>>3138643
>>3138635
Thank your for participating friends
>>
Yes
Kinda
No
Yes
Ehh, I want to share it with the world, though, I wouldn't shoot if it was just for myself t b h
>>
>>3138651
First is "no"*, not yes, it's not my job, wtf did I write?
>>
>>3138632
>Do you do it so you can post them on social media and derive your self worth from likes?
ooh edgy. you must be someone who dislikes social media, that makes you really special, anon

>Do you just do it for yourself?
Yes. I mean why not? Upload to my photoblog, hopefully end up with a nice portfolio so I can show to whoever wants to hire me.

You haven't asked the biggest question.
>Do you do Photography simply because its fun?
Yes.
>>
>>3138691
>ooh edgy. you must be someone who dislikes social media, that makes you really special, anon
Nah ƒam i'm a victim of it myself. It's just a reality.

>Do you do Photography simply because its fun?
That's the same as doing it for yourself
>>
>>3138632
It's my job to film and take photos nibba (part time job)
>>
File: 1473830328213.jpg (102KB, 1280x936px) Image search: [Google]
1473830328213.jpg
102KB, 1280x936px
>>3138632
I work a job where I can't do a single thing without being interrupted a dozen times, where everyone demands everything and systems are broken piece of shit. Much of my time goes into fixing situations that have been broken by someone else's mistakes (mostly sales, often production). Photography offers the exact opposite of that white collar hell:
>able to intensely focus on something in complete peace and quiet
>creating something from start to finish that depends on the ability and skill of myself alone
>doing something independent of anyone else's wants and needs
I don't even publish anything, it's the process itself that gives me what I'm looking for.
>>
>>3138632
>Why would you bother with taking photos?
it's fun
>Is it your job?
no
>Do you do it so you can post them on social media and derive your self worth from likes?
no
>Do you make prints of them?
yes
>Do you do it to make art?
some of the time
>Do you just do it for yourself?
yes
>>
>>3138756
I need the source of this image so bad.
>>
Why bother with any hobby?
>>
>>3138632

Entropy will eventually reduce the universe to atomic dust, so you could ask this question in regards to pretty much anything.
>>
>>3138807
Because you otherwise don't know what to do in your free time except being on a imageboard that is stuck in 2005
>>
>>3138807
If you put it that way, why bother with life?
>>
>>3138997
idk desu senpai
>>
It's been my job for the past couple of years so I take pictures.
It brings me joy to see how people around me like my pictures and what they think about them overall.
It's a capture of a memory that I like to look back to and other people like to see as well
>>
It's not my job, it's a hobby
I don't use social media
I print pictures from trips with other people, for them
I wouldn't call it art at my level
Mostly I do it for myself yeah, because I like travelling and want something to remember each trip
>>
I just like the sound when i click the button
>>
>>3138632
accidentally made it my day job

think about how I never really get to enjoy it as much as I used to
>>
>>3138756
>>3138799
I'm starting to believe it's a troll pic
there's literally no mention of it's sauce, and I've gone through 20+ of posts with it from archives, where multiple people have asked for sauce on it

it's like that fucking webm of some anime chick "dancing" to lofi crap

the quote itself is easy to find, but not the picture
>>
>>3138632
I've always wanted to create "art" of my family/friends/gf/cat, but being job committed and no longer young means painting is out. Photography is the perfect compromise.
>>
Hell yeah!
>>
it has got me my last 4 girlfriends. shit works.
>>
>>3138632
it's grist for my other art
>>
It curbs my depression
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.