[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>go to Cooperstown NY to see the baseball hall of fame >take

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1395046263639[1].jpg (11KB, 180x312px) Image search: [Google]
1395046263639[1].jpg
11KB, 180x312px
>go to Cooperstown NY to see the baseball hall of fame
>take my camera so my dad can get a photo of me in front of the Ruth and Williams statues that he said he has a photo of me in front of from like 20 years ago.
>when we get to the hall of fame there are a bunch of people with DSLRs
>they are taking photos of the plaques that are online
>they are taking photos of the exhibits and artifacts that are online
>they are taking photos of the paintings that are available online
>they are taking photos of the photos that are available online
>they are doing all of this with full auto on because every fucking dslr I see has the flash firing for no god damn reason when most of the area in the HoF you can get by with ISO 100-800
>I assume they are also just taking jpgs seeing as I can't imagine someone as retarded as to not be able to figure out how to not have the flash fire shoots raw
>mfw

Why the fuck do people spend all this money on a DSLR and then not even learn how to change the dial from A to P?
>>
>>3138531
my dad has a $5k sound system in his house that he has no idea how to operate while i have a >$1000 system in my own house that sounds way better than his because i know how to calibrate it.

some people have more money than sense.
>>
>>3138534
<$1000 i mean
>>
>>3138531

it's exactly like >>3138534 said. some people have way more money than sense. Years ago I was the groomsman in a good friend's wedding, but was unemployed at the time. I had recently gotten into photography so I decided I would do some photos of the rehearsal/reception and give them to the couple as a wedding gift.

This was 8 years ago, and all I had was a Canon Xsi, 18-55 kit lens and a borrowed 85mm 1.8...didn't even have a speedlite.

Wedding day approaches, and the bride's stepfather shows up with a Canon 6D, Canon 5D Mark II, gear bag full of 5-6 L lenses, speedlites with stands, the whole she-bang.

Instantly feel out of my league, and he makes constant jokes all day about how "One day you'll be able to afford the real stuff." I ignore him and do my thing, shooting all day. Edit the photos while they were on honeymoon and have them sent to them when they return. They thank me and don't really say much after that about them.

They move to the DMV area because groom is in military. Fast forward to a month ago, my wife and I visit them while we were on vacation in DC and when we get to their house, it's covered in photos that I took. I ask the bride where her stepdad's photos were, and she showed me a small 8x5 of the whole wedding party. She said she has the rest in a box somewhere.

Long story short, anon...most motherfuckers by shit because they think the more expensive camera makes them have better photography, not understanding that lighting, composition, and experience with exposure mean more.
>>
>>3138570

Another example of this idiocy, a few years after teaching myself photography, I got a job at an actual studio. Typical artsy-fartsy hipster photography types ( I was the only redguard in a studio of Nords). Most them loved to tout the whole, "I'm a professional photographer. This is my ART." Basically a bunch of fedora wearing neckbeards.

I'm a canon guy, and the studio only used Nikons so there was a minor adjustment period. After 2-3 days, they finally let me start shooting, I noticed my exposure was a little dark so I opened the F stop a bit and started making some adjustments. The guy training me was like, "Whoa, what are you doing?"

"Oh, it's just a little under-exposed so I'm adjusting it at bit."

"We don't change settings. It's against the rules"

"Well that's stupid. How do you make adjustments?"

"We don't"

"Well that's crazy, you can't perfect anything that way"

"What does an F-Stop even do"

"Wait, are you serious? You don't ever change the F-Stop in your own photography?"

"Nope. I just shoot with the settings they taught us here, all the time."

This was a full fledged studio, w/ Full Frame $3000 Nikons (Cant remember model numbers, but it was whatever was just above semi-pro for Nikon about ten years ago), and these fuckers were never taught to shoot anything other than F8, 1/180

And they had the nerve to call themselves professionals. fucking stupid.

Long story short, people are dumb and waste money.
>>
>>3138577
How can neck beards be hipsters and hipsters be nerds and nerds not know how to change settings?
>>
>>3138581
Because today we have fake nerds.
>>
>>3138577
Why didn't you adjust strobe power
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.