[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Islas Canarias: a short series

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 15

File: punta-de-teno_tf.jpg (655KB, 740x800px) Image search: [Google]
punta-de-teno_tf.jpg
655KB, 740x800px
hf

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
>>
File: caleta-de-burro_lg.jpg (404KB, 800x530px) Image search: [Google]
caleta-de-burro_lg.jpg
404KB, 800x530px

>>
Very pretty. Ektar? Or Velvia?
>>
File: backcountry-fv07_fv.jpg (484KB, 800x530px) Image search: [Google]
backcountry-fv07_fv.jpg
484KB, 800x530px

>>
File: teide-crests-twilight_tf.jpg (362KB, 800x530px) Image search: [Google]
teide-crests-twilight_tf.jpg
362KB, 800x530px

>>
>>3137615
I let you figure it out
I'll post more if interested
>>
>>3137625
Do post more.

To me first and fourth look like Velvia, second Ektar and third Portra but I’m guessing they’re all the same film?
>>
File: teide-valley-trail_tf.jpg (475KB, 800x530px) Image search: [Google]
teide-valley-trail_tf.jpg
475KB, 800x530px

>>
File: teide-valley_tf.jpg (425KB, 800x530px) Image search: [Google]
teide-valley_tf.jpg
425KB, 800x530px

>>
>>3137639
I shoot film but not this time, it's all digital
>>
>>3137616
Just when I thought I'd seen every variation on the road into the distance shot, anon pulls this out the hat.
Lovely set btw.
>>
>>3137655

Interesting. What camera/lens combo?
>>
File: apt-view_lz.jpg (374KB, 800x541px) Image search: [Google]
apt-view_lz.jpg
374KB, 800x541px
>>3137658
Very appreciated
>>3137683
Camera is a broken Pentax K50 that suffers from aperture motor failure, forcing me to abandon any automation. Lens is Vivitar 35/1.4 prime for everything. Setup is not good but I have patience

>>
>>3137655
That’s interesting, the detail reproduction especially in the first one is very akin to film. Do you always try and emulate film when you shoot digital?
>>
File: windmill-jardin-de-cactus_lz.jpg (306KB, 530x800px) Image search: [Google]
windmill-jardin-de-cactus_lz.jpg
306KB, 530x800px
>>3137696
In a way, you could say I try to emulate film as much as possible. But I prefer to think of it as the pursuit of the actual scene I experienced in that moment, with a certain degree of free interpretation, which may be different from what others next to me see. Film tends to get closer to that idea most of time, while on digital a lot of work may be required, and sometimes you never get quite there. That being said, the magnificent light painted the first image, I could only stare in awe and try to make the most out of it.

>>
>>3137713
See this one looks very much like digital, the colours quite hard and plasticky. But this >>3137691 looks like a 35mm scan all the way down to the softness and purple shadow tinting.
>>
pretty good stuff
>>
File: corralejo-national-park_fv.jpg (337KB, 800x530px) Image search: [Google]
corralejo-national-park_fv.jpg
337KB, 800x530px
I'll post a few more later, I go to sleep now

>>
>>3137613

these are all sick. If you come back to post more could you talk about your treatment? Are you using a tripod? You achieve really great focus and tones. How u do it brother?
>>
File: offshore_lz.jpg (380KB, 800x530px) Image search: [Google]
offshore_lz.jpg
380KB, 800x530px
>>3137852
Thanks mate, appreciated. Sometimes I use a tripod, for instance >>3137764 is part of a timelapse sequence, I have over 100 similar shots I tried to blend together in PS but the result is not that great. >>3137691 is also on tripod, I stacked 5 shots with different exposure. >>3137611 is a stitch of 3 shots since at 35mm I couldn't get everything I wanted on the sensor. Focus: my setup is not high-end but the lens is the best 35mm I've ever seen, so it helps. Again here, when within hyperfocal distance I think of what I want to display and I try to imagine the outcome, sometimes I take multiple shots and focus-stack, sometimes it's better to have a bokeh. Treatment and tones: I import in LR and work the shot there, sometimes finishing it in PS. I begin by adjusting the basic values such as shadows, whites, blacks, vibrance and so on, then I move to colors and I spend way too much time there trying to get the basic colors right. I may create a bunch of variations here and compare them later side to side. Here is where I mostly give a personal interpretation of the captured scene. When I'm sold on the colors, I work on lights, this is the most significative task in my opinion, as it makes the landscape pop out. On the other hand, if the original light is bad, every effort to polish it will be useless. Shots in this series are not all on par for that very reason.

>>
Are all these shot at dawn?
>>
File: visitors_fv.jpg (393KB, 800x530px) Image search: [Google]
visitors_fv.jpg
393KB, 800x530px
>>3138025
Mostly between late afternoon and late twilight with some exceptions

>>
>>3137691

Patience and skill go a long way. Seeing these photos and your post processing inspired me to do better. Keep it up
>>
derp
>>
File: on-the-road_lz.jpg (360KB, 800x530px) Image search: [Google]
on-the-road_lz.jpg
360KB, 800x530px
>>3138102
Glad to read that anon

>>
>>3138019

Thanks for the reply, I will try to incorporate some exposure/focus stacking as well as a tripod into my workflow as I've fallen off the horse pretty hard over the years, and when I do get a photo I am happy with I usually have to deal with some aspect of the image being totally botched, for instance an underexposed foreground or lost focus. Keep shooting brother, love your style.
>>
I still can't believe how good some of these colors look.
>>
Yo do you have a Flickr opie?
>>
Great set, OP. You should feel proud. Please do post more on the board, this level of quality is very inspiring. Are you solely interested in landscape?
>>
File: vegetation-teide_tf.jpg (380KB, 800x530px) Image search: [Google]
vegetation-teide_tf.jpg
380KB, 800x530px
>>3138211
>I still can't believe how good some of these colors look.
I'm glad you like them, it means a lot to me
>>3138358
>Yo do you have a Flickr opie?
I have an Instagram account but I don't exactly love how things work on there, anyway I tend to keep my profile updated. Feel free to follow me, I usually follow back, the best way to improve is to keep observing other people's works
https://www.instagram.com/sunnylosophy/
>>3138394
>Are you solely interested in landscape?
Thank you. Landscape is where I tend to perform better, or to suck less, it seems. I just like to go for a hiking and get myself lost where I can hear nobody and take all the time I need. I wish I could travel more and get better faster.
>>
>>3138395
>>3138161
>>3138041
>>3138019
i think im cumming
>>
>>3137611
You are my new inspiration. I followed your insta just to keep up. Your composition is amazing, subjects are done so well.
>>3138019
You said here you stack photos, do you stack the photos before, or after editing them?
>>
>all this samefagging
>>
>>3138395
>instagram
Ouch. Get Flickr dawg.
>>
File: tttt (11).jpg (435KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
tttt (11).jpg
435KB, 1000x667px
Just when I am about to give up on /p/ you go and post epic bread like this.

Kudos. And thankyou.

Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.8
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Color Filter Array Pattern4676
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2017:05:24 10:20:31
Exposure Time1/400 sec
F-Numberf/3.5
Lens Aperturef/3.5
Exposure Bias0 EV
Focal Length70.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Gain ControlLow Gain Up
Subject Distance RangeUnknown
>>
>>3138492
Feels a lot like a Catsby thread, huh?
>>
File: buenavista-car_tf.jpg (441KB, 1000x414px) Image search: [Google]
buenavista-car_tf.jpg
441KB, 1000x414px
>>3138428
>do you stack the photos before, or after editing them?
Before or else I don't have a view of the whole scene
>>3138492
That hurts, I would never do that, I just felt like sharing my images. I appreciate the compliments but I don't obsessively look for them
>>3138591
I signed up a long time ago but I'm not a social media type of person. What are its advantages?

Thanks everyone for your appreciation.

Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Color Space InformationsRGB
>>
itt: fucking sad dad-core photographers in their early 30s sucking other dad-core photog"s dick, who still think that adding tons of saturation and clarity give "film look".

please stop this uncle ken editing/photographing style.
>>
>>3138668
Flickr is good for storing and organizing your photos and not much else. I would highly recommend to sticking with Instagram solely because they have a wider target audience. Flickr is basically other photographers shilling their own shit instead of being interested in your work. Instagram is full of non photographers who genuinely like your pretty photos.
>>
>>3138835
Go back to jerking off to hipsters with memecopters on instagram you piece of shit
>>
>>3137611
>>3137649
>>3137764
>>3138041
these are damn good scapes you got here, the rest are sorta just run of the mill, uber saturated stuff i see from guys like Alex Burke and any successful Instagram landscape photographer
>>
>>3138668
>What are its advantages?
Generally high standard of photos, collaborative albums and groups, easy to search for specific cameras/films/subjects etc., better resolution/compression, just generally geared more towards photographers rather than children.
>>
>>3138639
>500px
>photos of literally nothing with nice colours
Feels like a carlos thread actually.
>>
>>3138969
That describes the general idea of flickr, but not the reality.
At least in my limited experience if it.

Maybe there are some niche groups with strict curation and membership that embody those ideals. But I've never seen them.
>>
>>3138835
Kek
>>
>>3138835
if op said he shot on velvia you'd have jumped on his dick too, fucking filmfag
>>
>>3138835

>t. butthurt Anon who can't achieve that timeless comfy film look
>>
>>3139010
>carlos
lmfao you done undig this bitch
>>
Good shit dude. Nice to see compelling landscapes that aren't the same bullshit. As mentioned, exposure, tones and PP is great; your photos truly resemble film.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.