[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Making money selling instax photos

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: instax.jpg (208KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
instax.jpg
208KB, 1500x1500px
I'm in Canada for the next 6 weeks and I got inspired by my friend who's already doing it in Europe - taking photos of people on the street with a Polaroid or other instant camera and selling the photo for $5/10 or something. I'll be traveling to a lot of a touristy areas so I think it's a great way to make some pocket change while traveling.

I'm really clueless on the subject - which cameras should I look for? I was thinking of searching on Craigslist/Kijiji to buy a used camera. Preferably I'd like something easy to shoot as I only have experience taking photos with my smartphone.
>>
One of the Lomography ones that shoot instax wide.
>>
i dunno, if you have that kind of confidence.

i dont have that kind of confidence
>>
>>3137269
Who the fuck is buying instax from some guy on the street?

I mean, I love instax. But I don't understand who would pay $5-$10 cuckbucks for one.
>>
>>3137274
With instax wide at $1 a sheet and a lomo camera at $250, and every sale brings $10 you should break even by 30 sales. As long as you have no film waste of course.

From then on it's $9 of 'profit' each photo.
>>
>>3137276
This.

Seems like a horrible way to try and make money.

Most people have someone in their circle of friends who carries one any how
>>
>>3137276
>>3137278

Normies do apparently. Just look for tourists or groups of friends. Plenty of people are traveling or just catching up with friends they haven't seen in a long time and it's a great little souvenir.

I would never pay $20 for 4chan gold but hey there's lots of people doing it. So why not this?
>>
>>3137282
If you think it's a good idea, just go for it.

What's the worst that could happen?

Also, if you want to be the pro of pros hard core boss nigger of the polaroid tourist photo taker guys, get a Mamiya Press and shoot FP100C instead of that basic bitch instaxgram hello kitty shit.
>>
>>3137277

Thanks for the suggestion, although I found many instax cameras like the one in the OP for $60 - is worth paying the $250?
>>
>>3137289
Nobody is going to give a shit if you have the latest lomo instax camera with real glass.

Just buy a simple fuji instax camera - the lomo ones don't actually produce results worth the price difference.
>>
>>3137288
>FP100C
That shit doesn't exist anymore, nigga
;_;
>>
This guy does it -
http://michaelkowalczyk.eu/people/portrait-louis-mendes/
I met him at the Inauguration in DC
>>
>>3137269
I use to sell instants to people tourists for years. Your never going to make any money unless your at an actual event. If your just one the street hitting up random people expect to have local police called on you, either by people you approach or local businesses. If you work events you can make some good money if the event doesnt kick you out or charge you up the ass for a vendors permit. on average I could make $300, but I have made over $1000 shooting at the Whole enchilada fiesta in NM. Keep in mind this was before everyone had good cameras in their phones.

The key is to look professional and people want to have their pictures taken with a big professional or vintage camera. I used a Polaroid Land 430 that I mothballed last year after Fuji discontinued FP100C. I doubt I could go to a fair with an instamax and make any money, since no one wants to have their families picture taken with something that looks like a infants toy.
>>
>>3137788
Nah its 3000B that got discontinued.
>>
Supposedly the way to go for professional instant photograph peddling, a'la >>3137826 and >>3138091, is a camera that hooks up to one of those Instax printers. Resolution will be like 800x600 RGB triplets, but the camera used will not look like a japanese woman's handbag, glass will be aspherical and wonderful, and some in-camera processing may make the product look much more appealing. Dire initial investment though, absolutely dire.
>>
>>3137276
>>3137278
10-15 years ago it was a common practice in restaurants and bars. people (mostly turks etc.) in germany would come to your table selling roses and taking a picture with a polaroid. the target audience are of course couples.
not too bad of an idea imo.
>>
You might sell a couple pity portraits but you're pretty much straddling that line separates man from hobo
>>
>>3137269
I'm planning to do it, looks fun... maybe no so profitable but fun
>>
File: 5d31bb4d8e6463644dfa1525260a7f2c.jpg (322KB, 1281x1600px) Image search: [Google]
5d31bb4d8e6463644dfa1525260a7f2c.jpg
322KB, 1281x1600px
Mamiya C330 with polaroid back.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.