[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Replicating vintage photography

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: Gaypride006BLOG[1].jpg (221KB, 750x469px) Image search: [Google]
Gaypride006BLOG[1].jpg
221KB, 750x469px
Other than the fashion of the bystanders, what is it about this picture that tells you it was taken in the early 90's? I've been reading about replicating vintage photography, most of which just means adding digital noise to replicate film grain, but they don't quite hit the mark. Something about the colors or the slight bloom in this photo just tells you that this was the early 90's. Can someone help me out here? Can this aesthetic be replicated digitally?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareGoogle
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Image Width750
Image Height469
>>
What if he was using a camera from 1978?
Would you still be able to tell it is the early 90's?

The answer is no, because you never could in the first place.
>>
>Step 1
Find 90s looking things

>Step 2
Expose for highlights and use >800 ISO

>Step 3
Use 35-50mm equivalent and frame main subject in the center to see what's going on around the subject.

>Step 4
Very low contrast or very high contrast and dial back saturation a bit and vibrance, too, or just do black and white with low/high contrast

Always expose for highlights, though. More can be retrieved from shadows than blown-out highlights.
>>
>Something about the colors or the slight bloom in this photo just tells you that this was the early 90's.

No, it doesn't.

There isn't an obscene amount of 90's fashion either, so it's hard to pinpoint the era. I could honestly think this photo was taken in the early-mid2000's if you didn't claim it to be from the 90's. Only thing that makes it look like it was from a different time it's that it's shot with film.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.