[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Please Rate My Shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: background.jpg (2MB, 6000x3375px) Image search: [Google]
background.jpg
2MB, 6000x3375px
Does it suck?
Is it shit?
Just be honest please.
I'm getting discouraged and morale is low.
Am I just wasting my time, trying to let others see my photography.
If so, then I'm erasing and deleting all my photography on social media platforms.
I already deleted my tumblr and Instagram. About to delete my Flickr.

Depending on what you guys say, the next account will be this 500px account, and then my facebook photos will be deleted, then, that should be it.

Seriously.

Link to view my 500px photos -
https://500px.com/perryd123abc

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Maximum Lens Aperturef/4.8
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Color Filter Array Pattern4734
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width6000
Image Height4000
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution50 dpi
Vertical Resolution50 dpi
Image Created2017:06:23 17:46:46
Exposure Time30 sec
F-Numberf/29.0
Lens Aperturef/29.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Focal Length130.00 mm
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width6000
Image Height3375
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Gain ControlNone
Subject Distance RangeUnknown
>>
not even worth a look?
>>
Your black and white street photography is good overall. Some are just okay but others are really nice. Your false-color photos are horrid imo.
Pretty good/10
>>
Street photography and the pictures of the ferris wheels are solid, but the others are pretty boring
>>
Why does it matter? Popularity? Likes? Fans? Or how good the photos are? Or how much you like them?
If the former, you can stop. If the latter, keep taking photos and improving. If you like photography because of what you capture for yourself, then you'll regret stopping.
>>
>>3135740
If you were less self conscious you would be happier.

If you look at many photos, and only shared the ones you haven't seen before, I would enjoy your stuff more.
>>
>>3135740
street photography is a meme. every twat with a camera thinks at some point making street snapshots b&w = art. I know because I tried to be one of these twats too. some are just okay. most are shit. but what the fuck is with the god awful watermarks? is someone really going to try to steal your snapshits? did you consider that anyone with very basic PP experience can remove them? that's literally the most distracting thing in all the pictures.

Shoot more like these:
_DSC0236.jpg
DSC_8948-2.jpg
DSC_7164-2.jpg
>>
>>3135740
The watermark is really distracting, I'd axe it. Not a fan of the random coloring you have going on in a lot of your photos. Stylistically, you're a bit all over the place, I'd prefer to see a little more consistency in subject matter. Some of your street shots aren't bad, honestly. Quite a few could have used a little bit better composition, overall. Ultimately though, and to repeat myself, I think you need to find yourself, artistically, and hone in your style a bit more.
>>
>>3136296
>>3136305
Thank You for the input - I appreciate it
I am using a Nikon D3300 with a whole assortment of different lenses, a Minolta SRT 102 35mm film with a 45mm lens, and a Nikon EM 35mm film w/ 50mm lens.
>>
Do as you want. You should figure out why you're taking pictures, and before that, if you even like taking pictures.

>>3136342
>Minolta SRT 102 35mm film with a 45mm lens, and a Nikon EM 35mm film w/ 50mm lens.
Redundant equipment.
>>
>f/29
I almost died from reading that on your exif. Go down to f/8 or something so your picture isnt so damn soft
>>
You have room for improvement. Don't give up. Get rid of that watermark, it makes me hate your photos.

The biggest thing I see lacking in your street shots is "context". People aren't that interesting without showing them in an interesting context.
>>
- It seems like you're lacking a vision/guidance of what you want to shoot. Pointing your camera at people in the street, raising the contrast and turning it into black & white doesn't make it street photography. The main essence of street is capturing emotion/a story. I suggest you check out John Free on youtube, tons of videos where he explain techniques and how to improve as far as street photography goes.

- You seem to be pretty decent at long exposures, but that's not very hard to do; nonetheless, try and keep improving. Work on your composition. For example:

https://500px.com/photo/219256097/-dsc0271-3-jpg-by-p-d - Cool shot, but you cut off the ferris wheel's top and bottom

- The most horrific thing I saw on your page was the pseudo-infrared work. Such as:

https://500px.com/photo/165717591/the-haunted-mansion-by-p-d

https://500px.com/photo/165763733/dsc-4969-jpg-by-p-d

https://500px.com/photo/165768945/dsc-4967-jpg-by-p-d

Look into an R72 filter and shooting infrared

- What else...

https://500px.com/photo/186144317/dsc-7164-2-jpg-by-p-d - I like what you were trying to go for here with the shadows. Uninteresting subject, but playing with shadows can provide some interesting results.

https://500px.com/photo/157900589/-dsc5585-jpg-by-p-d - I like this shot a lot, but goddamn that watermark ruins it. As others have said, get rid of it.

All in all, I'd recommend reading up and watching workshops by photographers talking about using light, technique, composition and all that other good stuff. B&H's youtube channel has a lot of photographers that speak about all the above
>>
>>3136845
Woah, what is this high effort post, r/photography?
>>
>>3136905
>high effort
>all just bullet points
>>
File: p london.jpg (169KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
p london.jpg
169KB, 1000x1000px
these are better than anything I've managed to snapshit. why would you just wipe it all?

I admit that most of mine are just for validation on facebook and making people think I'm good at something, but I still legitimately enjoy a handful of my own stuff

Equipment MakeSONY
Camera ModelILCE-6000
Camera Softwarepaint.net 4.0.17
Maximum Lens Aperturef/5.6
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)75 mm
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2017:05:22 22:49:02
Exposure Time1/90 sec
F-Numberf/5.6
Exposure ProgramNormal Program
ISO Speed Rating200
Lens Aperturef/5.6
Brightness4.4 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length50.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
OP here
>>3136920
>>3136845
>>3136433
>>3136305
going to omit the watermark from now on.
I originally did it because I was told to.

>>3136271
I am posting on here because I can't seem to get honest criticism from people I know. They act polite. Doing it face to face seems to intimidate people and they don't give an honest answer. It's easier to get an honest critique on here.

>>3136345
Redundant - yes - I switched from the Minolta to the Nikon
>>
>>3137152
>I admit that most of mine are just for validation on facebook and making people think I'm good at something, but I still legitimately enjoy a handful of my own stuff
Same here
I deleted stuff because I was angry and I wasn't getting any likes or any validation from online. King-Baby syndrome.
>>
File: Uriel Nikon Coolpix 121(1).jpg (610KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Uriel Nikon Coolpix 121(1).jpg
610KB, 1600x1200px
>>3135740
Holy shit. I never noticed how fucken tall that "freedom" tower is. Jesus, what a good shot. I hope it is yours because it is nice.

Maximum Lens Aperturef/3.0
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)75 mm
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Exposure Time1/15 sec
F-Numberf/4.2
Exposure ProgramNormal Program
ISO Speed Rating1000
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length13.50 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width1600
Image Height1200
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeNight Scene
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
Subject Distance RangeUnknown
>>
>>3138331
OP here.
I've been banned for a month and can't post from my computer for a month.
Yes. That trade center is tall. I've been up in it once so far.
>>
>>3140288
Lol
>>
>>3138331
It's 1776 feet tall!
>>
some are ok, some are meh, some are photos of nothing.
you are no diffirent from hundreds of thousands of other photographers.
>>
>>3138331
yes. That's my shot.
>>
Get rid of the watermark, embed your name into the exif data on the RAW.
Read some art books about composition. Avoid books that are about artistic things directed towards photographers. Read books that are specifically about painting, drawing and overall composition.
Learn the value system and how to compose with contrasting values. Learn to thumbnail also
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.