[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lets have a fun thread and talk about our accomplishments in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

File: phpPbllN6.jpg (37KB, 620x562px) Image search: [Google]
phpPbllN6.jpg
37KB, 620x562px
Lets have a fun thread and talk about our accomplishments in photography and film making.

This is your chance to brag. Don't worry, you're anonymous.
>>
I tricked a hipster chick into posing nude for me and letting me take photos of her hairy snatch. It was pretty rad.
>>
>>3134327

So nothing that actually matters?
>>
>>3134326
Had a short film i made up on the biggie screen, even wrote the synopsis for the leaflet. Was pretty neat.
>>
Ive done a few small print sales. Usually a run of 10 edition prints for $100 a pop unframed and unmatted. Every time I've done this, the prints sell out in a matter of days. Only advertise on FB, IG, and a few forums. Pretty cool that enough people like my stuff for me to do that. Also cool to know I have this option if I'm ever strapped for a bit of cash.
>>
>>3134357
What kind of photography?
I never tried to sell prints, but I think I'd fail miserably if I tried. Can't imagine any of my stuff framed to be honest.
>>
>>3134327
Post hairy snatch, please
>>
File: _MG_6190.jpg (261KB, 667x1000px) Image search: [Google]
_MG_6190.jpg
261KB, 667x1000px
Living in a new country where film is cheap and the women are pretty. Everything is fresh and opportunities a plenty. Consistently developing my style, going on /p/ less and am having my first showing at a trendy lil cafe in the art district. About to tear this shit up.

Pic related

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 600D
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.7.1 (Windows)
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2017:02:20 12:41:24
Exposure Time1/100 sec
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating200
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length50.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width667
Image Height1000
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceManual
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
I get paid to take pics so thats nice
>>
Nine of my photos are exhibited in a high schooler exhibition. I'm 25. It still feels kinda good.
>>
>>3134326
I got hired by a famous Black Metal band called Mayhem to do a photo documentary of one of their concerts and I will be doing the same thing on November for a band called Ulver. Funny thing is that I feel still dead inside.
>>
>>3134482
> Funny thing is that I feel still dead inside.
What's keeping you down, amigo?
>>
>>3134484
The worst thing is that I don't know
>>
>>3134486
it'll be alright, anon
>>
i have 830 followers on instagram
>>
>>3134482
>he took the black metal lyrics seriously
don't feel down anon, satan isn't actually coming for the blood sacrifice.
>>
>>3134499
Ghost aren't black metal
>>
>>3134499
>>3134502
Hahaha, I'm not down at all, I'm quite complete with my life, the thing is that I don't get to the point of feeling "happy", that is why I kind of feel dead
>>
>>3134482
Dude that's pretty cool, both those bands are big enough to get you on the road to fame
Kinda surprised /p/ had people like this, congrats
>>
File: 2016120909.jpg (58KB, 1280x927px) Image search: [Google]
2016120909.jpg
58KB, 1280x927px
>>3134326
>asked to be the assigned tog at some local village event
>had a pretty shitty time and they used only one of the photos

>asked to take photos of the region for the local tourism board of whatever
>got too lazy to do anything about it and they got someone else on it

>recommended by a well-connected acquaintance as a freelancer to a regional infrastructure management department for traffic photography
>they ask for a portfolio
>never reply because no portfolio

>drunk as fuck and bored
>go take snapshits of the moon because lol why not
>stumble about to a potato field with snapshitter, tripod and a hip flask of rum
>post the result on the local FB group and get 300 likes

Equipment MakeOLYMPUS IMAGING CORP.
Camera ModelE-M10
Camera SoftwareGIMP 2.8.18
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.0
Color Filter Array Pattern1308
Horizontal Resolution350 dpi
Vertical Resolution350 dpi
Image Created2016:12:09 23:15:56
White Point Chromaticity0.3
Exposure Time1/200 sec
F-Numberf/0.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating200
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceFine Weather
Focal Length0.00 mm
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width1280
Image Height927
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceManual
Gain ControlLow Gain Up
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>3134326
For about five years I had an international following of my photography and videography work, and a bit of baking. It was mostly landscapes, nature photography, and documentary-style work for both photos and videos. It was all a hobby, and was very fulfilling.

This was years ago. None of it was paid, though some of it was on YouTube. But YouTube was only just starting to pay people, and it was by invitation only. Since I was being Mr. Edgy and didn't want my actual name attached, I declined to add my personal details and to accept pays for video views.

It turned out for the best, really. The reason I initially stopped was that my life fell apart. I was fired from my full-time job, had been applying at other places for a long time because I wanted to quit any way, and I could no longer afford rent. I only had $12k in savings, so I had to make some major changes, and fast.

I ended up moving in with a friend, out of state. But it could only be temporary. I ended up moving several times over the next nine months, which included a basement which flooded twice. That, plus some catastrophic hardware upsets lost all of my prior work. I was left with nothing but a water-damaged camera body, and quickly dwindling savings. Accounts for hosting were expiring and being deleted. Contacts through social media had long lost interest due to inactivity. Forgotten passwords locked me out of what might have remained in any usable quality.

It took me nearly a decade to save up for a new camera, and I am at it again. I am building a portfolio, making contacts, and collecting some necessary gear for branching out into other areas.
>>
I was asked to shoot the latest campaign for a major European sports/street brand, but I had a month-long holiday booked which overlapped with the shoot dates so I went on that instead.

I've had photos published in a hipster publication.

So nothing, really.
>>
I've had my photographs featured in a german national photography magazine, on the cover of three business catalogues and on the inside cover of a published book.

I have licensed or sold prints worth $2800 in the last year - which isn't a lot really.

I sold a single print of a photograph to a woman in San francisco for $850 (plus delivery) by schmoozing a london art gallery owner into convincing her it was a good investment.
>>
I bullshitted my way into Bonneville Salt Flats Race Week with my equipment and managed to get VIP treatment, walk the fucking course at the big end and hang out with legends.

"Where's your press credentials"

(points to track official who has been out here for 40 years and runs with a team everyone knows)

"Those are my press credentials"

"Carry on"

Pics to come in the Shooger thread
>>
/p/ printed my photos in a couple books, thanks anons

I occasionally see one of my photos in those "post best photos you've seen on /p/" threads

my mum likes my photos
>>
>>3134374
Landscape stuff.

>>3134387
Change of scenery is always good. Good luck to you anon.

>>3134482
That's awesome, Ulver is dope.

>>3134684
Fucking awesome.
>>
I've shot images for more than 25 billboards placed on major freeways of one of the 4 biggest cities in America, shot more than 6 images for 60ft prints on the sides of a building along a downtown street of that city, photographed a 26 hour (non-stop)surgery to seperate conjoined twins, currently have photographs in several national magazines, have had photo essays featured on ABCNews
and The Today Show more than twice, and currently providing images to be used in US News and World Report.
>>
>>3134517
hey, fucking good for you man, i'm glad to hear it. had a similar experience but with much less savings than you and medical debt. didn't take pictures for 5 or 6 years but got a new camera this year and i've shot more than 4.5k shots without trying hard (or using burst mode at all). happy with a lot of my snips, and having fun taking them.

>>3134347
also, this is me and the film was on ..film
>>
File: noice.jpg (220KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
noice.jpg
220KB, 1500x1000px
This photo was probably my biggest accomplishment. Not that anyone but /p/ and a few friends have seen it.

Equipment MakeSONY
Camera ModelNEX-6
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2014 (Windows)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.0
Image Width2738
Image Height1825
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Pixel CompositionRGB
Horizontal Resolution238 dpi
Vertical Resolution238 dpi
Image Created2017:08:18 16:31:32
Exposure Time1/160 sec
Exposure ProgramAperture Priority
ISO Speed Rating800
Brightness-1.6 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width1500
Image Height1000
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
File: 28214210063_58cd5cbf41_o.jpg (618KB, 1748x1181px) Image search: [Google]
28214210063_58cd5cbf41_o.jpg
618KB, 1748x1181px
My friend is doing a charity art sale and she asked me if I could donate 6 of my photos to sell for charity.
I may sell nothing but it was nice to be asked.
>>
>>3134684
hi sean
>>
well, one of my photos was published in a magazine. I've won a couple of honorable mentions and one fourth place prize, meh. Showed in five or six group exhibitions. Licensed a photo out for about $4,800.00. Sold another $5,000 in prints. Received a $2,500 grant. Had an interview on an online magazine. 'Likes' on certain images have accumulated over 100k across platforms.

Lynn Goldsmith purchased one of my prints, and emailed me to tell me how she rarely buys photographs but was impressed with my vision.

Other than that I haven't received many accolades, but I also haven't pushed for anything. Just have had my foot in the door for the past two years and am waiting until I can stop procrastinating on creating a fresh portfolio before I capitalize on my connections.
>>
>I have companies in my IG DMs

Thats all
>>
>>3134696
>I occasionally see one of my photos in those "post best photos you've seen on /p/" threads

s-same
>>
got paid a bunch of times. a few companies use my images as their social media avatars. not a lot really.
>>
>>3136353
the only thing worse than bragging is humble bragging my man
>>
>>3136528
yeah but it's anonymous and the only way i know how to acknowledge that in the context of what others have achieved, i havent achieved that much at all, so w/e amirite
>>
>>3134482
Not as dead as many a former band member, I bet. Personally I'd recommend climbing mountains. The higher, the better. As in, the smaller you feel, the better. Puts everything into perspective.

Also, didn't expect it, but the newest Ulver turned out to be amazing live.
>>
>>3134387
good on you. Prague is amazing
>>
>>3134387
Curious, what was the impetus/inspiration for you to move?

Anyway, congrats man.
>>
>>3134508
what the fuck is traffic photography
>>
>>3134482

I feel you dude. Everything I accomplish doesn't change the fact that my childhood was shit and I didn't lose my virginity until I was 21.

Guess I'm destined for /r9k/
>>
>>3134326
Left a career(?) in tool & die to work as an unpaid apprentice for an internationally known photography guru (A big name on the educational seminar circuit at the time). Family said I was nuts, but wife was willing to support us while I learned the trade. Stayed with it for 4 years, ended up teaching at Winona School and speaking at PPA national convention in Anaheim, CA. Ended my apprenticeship, opened my own portrait/wedding studio, worked out well, put my kids through school, paid my mortgage, allowed me to travel extensively (often on the client's dime), now retired, only pick up a camera when I feel like it.
>>
>>3136638
I'll try to get into climbing.

I also didn't expect to see hear that sound on the latest Ulver album, I'm very exited about that shooting on November,

>>3136726
My childhood was actually very cool and I lost my vcard when I was 16, so the thing is that I overthink everything
>>
>>3136715
You go take photos of traffic on certain hours because former soviet republic of shit brain bureaucrats don't know what is a fucking webcam.
>>
>>3134326
I started shooting for a living doing sports photography at age 15. I was making like $800 for working weekends. I got to use massive 400mm 2.8 canon lenses with $8000 1D cameras. I then started working doing videography for a company and got to travel all over the country filming shit, making commercials for TV, rode private jets with my boss (I hate private jets by the way) got a nice portfolio from all across the country while traveling. I was published in multiple magazines, like popular photographer, digital photo pro, outdoor photographer, and some big e-mags by the time I was 21. Wrote a few articles, and even made the cover shot of one. Started a small e-mag with my friend in NY, I designed, edited, wrote, and interviewed semi-famous photographers for the magazine. I was in a gallery at age 21 as well, wasn't that great though. I now run a small YouTube channel, and do art shows to sell large format prints
>>
>>3137046

Link to your channel?
>>
>>3137065
Nope, will not do. Sorry
>>
>>3137065
>Fro knows phhhhooooooooootttooooo

>dot com
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.